Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 11:38 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,087 times

Advertisements

Exciting times ahead

Road construction may be worse than ever in Las Vegas

Quote:
Orange cones and heavy equipment have popped up throughout the valley,
tangling drivers in a seemingly endless construction zone.

A surge of funding and a growing economy have spurred road improvement
projects and infrastructure development valley wide.

Agencies are getting a chance to catch up on projects stalled during the
recession and plan for the future. Meanwhile, residents are left trying to
navigate suddenly stressful commutes.
a — Project Neon (widening 3.7 miles of road)
b — Connection ramps to the 215 Beltway, widening U.S. 95 in both directions, building a bridge to link southbound U.S. 95 to the westbound Beltway, new storm drainage, signs, lighting and landscaping and more.
c — Airport Connector, phase II (building a flyover ramp and bridge connecting the southbound Airport Connector to the eastbound 215 Beltway, widening a bridge carrying westbound 215 traffic over the Airport Connector, and more.)
d — Bringing 3 miles of the Beltway to full freeway standards, flood control improvements, extending the western 215 Beltway bicycle/pedestrian trail; building a new bridge to carry Centennial Parkway over the Beltway, and more.
e — Improving highway and flood infrastructure, converting road to a full freeway
f — Repaving and improving sidewalk ramps, installing conduit for a future intelligent traffic systems project
g — Repaving and reconstructing sidewalk ramps
h — Milling, overlaying and restriping to construct dedicated transit lanes, installation of new transit shelters, traffic signal upgrades, and more.
i — Main Street improvement, phase II (improving traffic flow to make the area safer for bicyclists and pedestrians by adding shared bike and vehicle lanes; widening sidewalks, and more)
j — Storm drain and sewer upgrades, and more.
k — Repaving project and updating sidewalk ramp/curbing.
L — Flood control improvements, widening, and more.
m — Improving sidewalk areas, reconstructing deteriorated pavement, improving bicycle lanes, and more
n — High View Drive (repaving); Valle Verde Drive (rehabilitation)
o — Repaving and widening, adding a bike lane, updating pedestrian areas, and more.
p — Resurfacing, updating sidewalk ramp, and more.
q — Repaving/repairing sidewalks and driveways, new streetlights; flood control infrastructure, and more.
r — Ensuring adequate capacity for wastewater collection

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 12:59 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,303 times
I've seen people get into the the wrong lane more times than I can count from all the construction. It's usually at a stop light and they end up blocking traffic flowing the other direction because they insist on still having a left turn only lane.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:13 PM

273 posts, read 240,831 times
Can't wait.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,810,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Exciting times ahead
Agreed - and good for Las Vegas.

Bill

Old 11-02-2015, 03:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
Don't you know that the orange cones are our state bird?

Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Don't you know that the orange cones are our state bird?
No, those are the state tree. The flying plastic grocery / Walmart bag is the state bird!

Old 11-04-2015, 08:31 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,763 times
I see the signs that say road work reduced speed limit fines double but I never see any signs on what that reduced speed limit is??? and I agree how confusing the cones are I know when last year on DI when they had construction all summer it was like a demolition derby I saw 3 accidents in one day caused by confusion and I had almost 2 times I thought I was also going to get it the only thing that saved it from happening is the other driver as just as confused and we both stopped looked at each other and shook our heads and then tried to proceed on in the correct lane I think. I also have concerns about the road workers only having plastic cones to protect them in most states it is law that Jersey cement barriers be used and law that the police either do the traffic control or they have one car at the beginning of construction and one at the end so any speed violators or people driving like a nut get pulled over and ticketed or arrested. Out side of us motorist being at risk the road workers are even at a higher risk. This is going to be interesting for a while I just hope no loss of life or serious injuries happen.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:44 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,031,323 times
I failed to see a light rail line on your list, Von! Something that would bring this procrastinating, stuck-in-the-60's, car-centric city into the 21st century!

Old 11-04-2015, 10:04 AM

413 posts, read 1,588,626 times
And nowhere do I see the mess that is called Eastern and Pecos

Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,791 times
Glad to see this. Ultimately, these are much needed improvements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: