Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2020, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 5,711 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are coming to visit towards the end of July. We are aware at isn't "optimal weather" but rather see you at your worse before we move there. But what we are wondering about is COVID-19 restrictions. Obviously, we to partake in the local fare, shopping and sights but...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 01:45 AM

11,592 posts, read 6,072,690 times
You will get better information from locals who live near Cookeville.

Meanwhile, here is a link to the AAA website for US travel restrictions. In the upper right corner where it says "find an address or place", just type in Cookevile, TN and it will take you there.

As of now July 1, 2020, the website shows no travel restrictions or mask requirements for Tennessee generally. Zooming in on Cookeville shows no County specific travel restrictions. Various stores and businesses may require masks, but the site is not showing ordered business closures and such. It looks like Cookeville is open generally.

Again, the locals will give you better help than I can. I am planning to visit in August, so I too am trying to keep up on Covid 19 restrictions for Tennessee.

https://gds.maps.arcgis.com/apps/web...&sf122295430=1

Old 07-02-2020, 06:08 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,613,430 times
Currently, most places are open and without restriction. Restaurants are requiring their workers to be masked. The Governor is considering signing an executive order requiring all to wear masks in public as Tennessee yesterday had a record number of daily cases at approximately 1,800. Putnam County has had approximately 800 confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 with about 200 or so active currently, as reported by the state.

And....for the weather...the heat wave started yesterday. It is going to be hot for a while....but maybe the heat will ease up in time for your visit. June wasn't bad, but the storms are gone after a week of rain, and you can definitely feel the humidity. Silver lining: Nashville will hit 97° today while Cookeville is forecasted for 88° with Crossville at 84°.

Old 07-02-2020, 08:49 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,523,401 times
We'll also be traveling through there next week after spending a couple of days in my hometown of Nashville on Staycation.

Old 07-02-2020, 12:29 PM

15 posts, read 16,832 times
We also will be visiting mid-July, and will be enjoying whatever is available to enjoy. We will be wearing masks regardless of what is required, as one of us has a condition which makes us want to take as few risks as possible. Getting out and seeing nature, camping and social distance get togethers with family will be good for our souls! We are curious to see how others will react to our mask wearing if it isn't common there, but Tennessee people in our experience are super friendly so I'm betting we won't have problems.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:34 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTurtle View Post
We also will be visiting mid-July, and will be enjoying whatever is available to enjoy. We will be wearing masks regardless of what is required, as one of us has a condition which makes us want to take as few risks as possible. Getting out and seeing nature, camping and social distance get togethers with family will be good for our souls! We are curious to see how others will react to our mask wearing if it isn't common there, but Tennessee people in our experience are super friendly so I'm betting we won't have problems.
My experience, Cookeville/Crossville area, is some people wear masks and some dont. More older folks than younger ones. It seems it is sometimes those that do mask up that might give a slight stink eye to those not masked but generally no one seems to care much one way or another, although a few businesses may require them.
I do believe Nashville has now mandated masks but the rules and guidelines are so arbitrary and random its hard to know when and where they are required: https://www.wkrn.com/community/healt...-in-nashville/

Old 07-07-2020, 02:56 PM

303 posts, read 296,782 times
As of last night, no masks are required in Putnam County. If you feel the need to wear a mask, do it. Just don't give any dirty looks to people who choose not too, please. I live here and there's a mix of do and don't. No judgement from me either way.

As far as what's open, a decent amount of eating establishments may still be closed. I think all of the fast food places still have the dining rooms closed. I've only been to a couple restaurants since places opened back up so just check with each individual place you think you want to eat at. I know of at least one place that opened and then closed back down. Not sure if it opened back up yet or not.

Enjoy our little city no matter what though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville