Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 06:32 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There will be a meeting for people who are against the Pit Bull Ban that White County is trying to enforce.
That meeting will be held on Friday the 31st, 2009 at 6pm.

Everyone with a large breed animal besides the Pit Bull are welcome to come.
This ban will later include Rotties, Shepards, Dobermans, and all other animals that have been label the vicious breed and or mix breed.
It is time for us to join together, get petitions signed and meet with the committee members to voice our opinions.
Let them go after the people who allow their dogs to attack. They are the the ones who are responsible and not worthy of having a dog.
Come to the meeting. Please contact me, all we ask is that you bring your own drink, and no alcohol allowed, and bring a munchie beside yourself and friends whom will help us.
THIS IS A FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF A DOG OWNER, no matter what breed!!
I've asked for the location and if we can bring the dogs along. Once I find out I'll re-post.

Even if you don't live in White County, I highly recommend anyone with any large breed dog to attend. If this is allowed to take hold it will spread to other towns and counties, and yours may be next! Even if you don't have a breed that's considered dangerous, please keep in mind that once the 'dangerous' dogs are gone, the other dogs owned by irresponsible people will still be biting and they will start banning those too. So while your Greay Pyrenees isn't on the list now, it some day could be.

We need to stand up and put a stop to this. A dog's breed has nothing at all to do with it's temperament. It has to do with how it was raised, trained, and socialized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 06:58 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Thanks for the info Mrs1885. Please let us know where if you find out. I would like to attend. I thought the powers that be had already passed that legislation. Awhile back I noticed a rash of folks from white co.on LSN trying to find homes for their pitts. It was heartbreaking. I have 3 pits of my own. The tried to ban pitts in the city of Monterey a few yrs. ago, but thankfully, it didnt go very far, yet. I live out in the country now so my dogs are safe from this ignorance for the time being.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:24 AM

Apparently whoever posted must have had good intentions but wasn't going to follow through.

Hubby and I have written letters to each of the commissioners, the county attorney, and the sheriff. I'm calling today to see if they'll meet with us on Friday.

Hubby and I have a long line of law enforcement behind us, including training and teaching at the FBI academy. I've been involved in animal rights laws for over 10 years and have read many articles on how breed specific laws fail. I'm hoping that with our dual background in law and animal rights they'll agree to meet with us.

There's no doubt this country needs dangerous dog laws, but breed specific laws are unfair and don't work. They're based entirely on fear and ignorance.

Keep your fingers that they'll meet with us.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Ill keep my fingers!

Good luck and thanks for your effort!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:39 AM

Just got in touch with AKC and asked if I could get a draft of NY's dangerous dog law to take to the sheriff. They're sending me tons of info!! Gave them my cell and they should be calling as well as e-mailing me all kinds of info to help out. Go AKC!!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 AM

Just heard from the girl in charge of the get together. She's been swamped. The get together for now is at her home, but she's trying to get the community center.

If you'd like to attend, please e-mail me or send me a private message through here and I'll get her e-mail address, name and phone number to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: