Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM

7 posts, read 16,590 times

Advertisements

I think i have read most if not all of the posts about Fairfield Glade, and have some questions that i have not seen addressed. I visited FFG in October 2007 and had a brief tour of the community by one of the deleted sales agents.
The agent did not seem overly interested in showing me around and was not responsive to subsequent requests for more information, so i ultimately gave up. Now that i have retired, i would like to pursue purchasing a lot/building a home in FFG and hope that someone out there can answer the following questions: (1) Do you have to go through deleted Realty to purchase a building lot in FFG? (2) If not, and you purchase a lot through another realty company, can you have your house built by the FFG construction company? (3) Are there other construction companies that anyone would recommend i consider if building a home in FFG? Any recommendations for realtors in the FFG area?

I have never been through the process of purchasing a lot and then arranging to have a home built, so any guidance in doing so will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone can share!!

Last edited by Beretta; 05-07-2010 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: deleted realtor information

Old 05-07-2010, 12:38 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Retiree View Post
I think i have read most if not all of the posts about Fairfield Glade, and have some questions that i have not seen addressed. I visited FFG in October 2007 and had a brief tour of the community by one of the deleted sales agents.
The agent did not seem overly interested in showing me around and was not responsive to subsequent requests for more information, so i ultimately gave up. Now that i have retired, i would like to pursue purchasing a lot/building a home in FFG and hope that someone out there can answer the following questions: (1) Do you have to go through deleted to purchase a building lot in FFG? (2) If not, and you purchase a lot through another realty company, can you have your house built by the FFG construction company? (3) Are there other construction companies that anyone would recommend i consider if building a home in FFG? Any recommendations for realtors in the FFG area?

I have never been through the process of purchasing a lot and then arranging to have a home built, so any guidance in doing so will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone can share!!
1. No
2. Not sure, but I doubt they would turn you down.
3. My husband knows a good builder. I'll ask him and get back with you.

If possible try to be around when they are building your home. There are good people around here, but they like to cut corners. One big problem my husband sees is that when they are building houses the builders do not take into consideration drainage problems, which there are many especially in FFG (lots of rock). My husband works for a landscape company and they make lots of money fixing these problems, especially after the fact.

Last edited by Beretta; 05-07-2010 at 07:57 PM..

Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Also, here is a website with listing. It's a Knoxville area realtors site, but you can pick from different counties. When you look up Cumberland County you can narrow your search to FFG, acreage (though there isn't much acreage in FFG) and price range. They are listing of many realtors, but regardless of what realtor you pick they should have a problem showing a listing from a different realtor.

www.kaarmls.com

Old 05-08-2010, 08:58 AM

7 posts, read 16,590 times
LABART - thanks for the response!! I especially appreciate the heads-up about the potential drainage issues. I am dealing with that very thing here in GA with the home i moved into less than a year ago. Just had to have my entire front yard excavated to resolve a basement leak and correct drainage problems. Is the soil in the FFG area clay like it is here in GA or is it just rocky? Will appreciate any builder or other recommendations that you or your husband have. As a single person - going through this process can be pretty daunting.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 AM

I sent a private message with the builders name. The plateau has more of a rocky soil, but it's not just the soil. Some houses are literally built on rock.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:47 AM

231 posts, read 585,902 times
Hi,

I sent you a DM with a realtor recommendation. Good luck.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,510 times
Hi,
We are new residents (just purchased a resale in March). Deleted Not sure what price range of lots you are seeking but if on the high end , the Fairfield North Bluffs area is a new secion just opening.. breath-taking mountain top lots with million dollar views.. that is if you are looking for top end price range stuff .. think lots are $150,000 and homes would be $350,000 more and up .

Last edited by Beretta; 05-15-2010 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: deleted realtor and developer info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville