Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 PM

43 posts, read 65,058 times

Advertisements

Looking for names of nice modern apartments that would possibly be close to the beach. My son is relocating to Texas and he is trying to narrow down his choice between CC or San Antonio. We live on the NJ shore so we do not know the area at all. He is 21 and this will be his first apartment after college. He just graduated PSU and got a job as an engineer working in Three Rivers. Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 PM

25 posts, read 59,509 times
You do realize CC is about 1 1/2 hours from TR? SA is about an hour. Does he enjoy the ocean and fishing or is he more into the city and nightlife? Is he single? I have a young son and I think he'd be much happier in SA. Meet more diverse young educated people also. I live in Corpus, across from the bay but I'm an old married women. be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,413,453 times
Three Rivers is not an hour and a half from Corpus... Its 30-40 minutes from the Calallen area and an hour from the southside.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:45 AM

484 posts, read 1,632,340 times
Yeah,,, depending on where you start. The Three Rivers exit from I-37 is at mile marker 69, using that for a reference point, Mathis is at mile marker 36, Calallen is at about mile marker 14,,, mile marker 0 is downtown CC. Thus, for example, it would be a 55+ mile jaunt from Calallen to TR, translating into a 47 minute commute @70mph once you got on I-37. Obviously, where you live within the city will add to that.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:03 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
I think it's a good choice for him to live somewhere more enjoyable and have more of a commute. I worked in Ingleside for 3 years and commuted from different places in Corpus, usually 30-40 minutes.

If he's a young male he will want to be somewhere close to stuff to do when he gets home. Nothing worse than a new city but living in a tiny town with nothing to do.

I moved to Corpus when I was 21 and know the exact feeling. If he likes to go out, you can't go wrong with living at the Nueces Lofts or Bay Vista downtown. There's plenty of places to go and the boardwalk within walking distance. Southside is nice, but he will have more of a commute going to Three rivers, and may even get stuck in extra traffic as well, which is annoying (been there, done that)

I would suggest just signing a shorter term lease to see how he likes it. Pay a little extra and do a 6 month lease or something, that way you aren't too locked in. I lived in both Nueces and Bay Vista. If you can foot the extra bill for Bay Vista it's worth it. You do need a bit of time beforehand as they are usually full, but could stay in an extended stay in the mean time. Nueces isn't too bad either and is even a bit closer to downtown.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM

43 posts, read 65,058 times
Thanks for all your responses. It does seem like he is going to have to commute at least a lttle over an hour. There looks like there isn't much at all to offer a 22 year old in the smaller towns. I dont want him to be miserable. We live on the NJ shore so he would love to be close to outdoor fishing ect. He definately needs to be where younger people are. He just left NJ on Friday. He has training in Houston for 3 weeks, then he will be in Three Rivers. He is considering living in San Antonio, or Corpus unless someone has another suggestion. He contacted Bay Vista and Neeces Lofts to see availabbility. Can anyone suggest a safe extended stay in the area? Thanks again!

Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Corpus Christi - Staples, Overview - Extended Stay America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi