Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM

421 posts, read 879,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Flamingo,are you interested in having relations with kids under 18 any time soon?

Are you secretly attracted to girls under 18?

I don't see how anybody sane could rationalize this.

Of course not.

I just find it comical how people can pretend that a 17-year old in one state is capable of making a decision, but in another state is incapable.

That sort of proves that the entire set of laws is ridiculous and should be thrown out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not over the judge realized he F'd up: Embattled Montana judge orders new sentencing for teacher convicted of sex with student - U.S. News

"Former Billings Senior High School teacher Stacey Dean Rambold, 54, will be back in court Friday after state District Judge G. Todd Baugh said Tuesday that he'd misread state law and that he now believed Rambold should have faced, at minimum, two years in prison."

People who keep talking about age of consent are mistakenly thinking a 16 year old can consent to sex with a much older man. Most age of consent laws have limits about how much older the man can be that the girl consents to have sex with, for instance in many states the man cannot be more than 5 years older than the teen if she is 16.

What a ridiculous law.

The lesson the teen takes from that law is that it doesn't matter what the guy's personality is, as long as he is the same age as her.

I'm sure that will work out great down the road.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
It is disheartening to think there is a debate over the age of consent going on ITT.

If your argument at any time aligns with "If there's grass on the field - play ball" then you should do a lot of soul searching or turn yourself into the nearest authorities immediately for reprogramming.

Reprogramming?

So you think anyone who disagrees you should be brainwashed into believing exactly what you believe?

At least your open about your wishes for the country to be a dictatorship.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Rape is rape. Amazing that this still needs to be spelled out to people.

Statutory rape means, that you were with a person significantly younger, and the relationship had a potential for exploitation. Adults are supposed to know better than to have sex with anyone underage. Hang with people your own age, how difficult is that to understand?

The teacher KNEW this was wrong on every level.
She was 14 years old.
She was a student.

Anyone who wants to defend that a 49 year old man should consumate a sexual relationship with a fourteen year old girl needs some serious help. And should not be around children.

But it's not actually rape. Statutory rape is just government propaganda designed to brainwash kids into behaving to the government's agenda. (I personally think sexual relations are stupid, but I don't try to force my beliefs onto others, like the government does.)

In fact, if there's any exploitation going on, it's by the government in shoving their beliefs down their throat, totally overruling the parent's desired completely.

And there's nothing wrong with hanging out with people younger than you.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
There's no arguing whether 30 days is enough for a 49 year-old having sex with a 14 year-old.

Statutory rape certainly merits a sentence considerably longer than 30 days. This isn't a 19 year-old sleeping with his 16 year-old girlfriend -- this is an adult male teacher having sex with his 14 year-old student.

What if the 14-year old wanted the relationship?

Are we now going to hear claims that the 14-year old doesn't really exist and the government should make decisions for the 14-year old?

Why don't you just turn her into a robot while you're at it? It would have the same level of freedom that you are allowing her.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:13 PM

For those unable to understand the gist of what I'm trying to communicate, it's this:

I'm arguing from the girl's perspective. She's a person too. She matters. What she thinks matters. And, at a specific point in time, she thought it was a good idea to have this relationship.

Whether or not it was a good idea is besides the point. The posters on this forum, and even the law, treat her like a pawn. They treat her as, "She's not this age, so she's too stupid to know any better." What a terrible way to treat another human being. As if she's some irrational piece of garbage that just came out of the sewer.

If we truly want to claim that we respect others' points of view, then maybe we should start acting like it. Not only to those that pass the filter.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:04 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
If your argument at any time aligns with "If there's grass on the field - play ball" then you should do a lot of soul searching or turn yourself into the nearest authorities immediately for reprogramming.
Eh, no thanks, I'll stick to logic and principles, but thanks for the free advice.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingo_pink View Post
What if the 14-year old wanted the relationship?

Are we now going to hear claims that the 14-year old doesn't really exist and the government should make decisions for the 14-year old?

Why don't you just turn her into a robot while you're at it? It would have the same level of freedom that you are allowing her.

It doesn't matter if the 14 year old wanted the relationship.

I'm assuming you don't have children, because if you did, you would understand that 14 year olds are not entitled to unlimited "freedom". That's not an age group that is known for their faultless decision making.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Why Did the girl Kill herself?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
It doesn't matter if the 14 year old wanted the relationship.

I'm assuming you don't have children, because if you did, you would understand that 14 year olds are not entitled to unlimited "freedom". That's not an age group that is known for their faultless decision making.

I would say that college kids are also not known for their faultless decision making, yet they are still entitled to full freedom.

I don't treat 14-year olds like slaves, which apparently you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events