Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:08 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,096,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
We'll I might get bashed for this, but it was only a rock.
A rock that has been formed for millions of years and you don't see a problem with what they did It's the rock formation that makes this place so special. Ok, not going to bash you because you obviously have no clue, although I don't know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:37 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,867,489 times
It is people like this who make me lose faith in humanity. I hope they get arrested for it.

Don

Old 10-18-2013, 11:17 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,510,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I think these jerks should be put in jail or else pay a huge fine. How ignorant can you be?

Ancient rock formation's destruction could draw charges against Utah men - U.S. News
I agree. How stupid can you be in a State Park?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,852,888 times
One less rock for Charlie Brown on Halloween!

Old 10-19-2013, 01:51 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,031,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1972 View Post
Just another in my long list of reasons that my boys will never be involved with Boy Scouts!
Please don't bash the whole organization for one incident that clearly was poor judgement on one specific group who were not representative of the majority. My son has been in Scouts since he was 6 and he made it all the way to the Eagle rank. In the right troop a boy can learn good behaviors that will help him be a productive member of society. My son's eagle project benefited a non-profit organization that helps children in crisis who need a social service agency that houses and educates them so they can get out from under an abusive family situation.

I agree that this situation should be dealt with swiftly and with perseverance not only by the Boy Scouts of America authorities but the lawful and civil authorities as well. The "leadership" in charge at the time should be fined and/or prosecuted to the full extent possible because their actions are not only against the Boy Scout oath of "do no harm" but common law as well.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:55 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,402,887 times
These two goobers remind so much of the atmosphere of childish behavior, buffoonery, frivolity, and folly that I found so deplorable among software engineers in silicon valley.

What a couple of clueless, colossal imbeciles.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:25 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,552,294 times
It would be poetic justice if that rock fell on the fat pig who pushed it.

Turd scouts would be a better name for those two idiots.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:52 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,390,383 times
And if the same rock had toppled over and crushed some kids? Maybe this was public service. I don't see the problem here.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:23 AM

14,411 posts, read 14,334,102 times
Quote:
And if the same rock had toppled over and crushed some kids? Maybe this was public service. I don't see the problem here.
Stop and think about this for a minute:

1. It took quite a bit of effort for that guy to push the rock off its support. I think its highly unlikely it would have fallen on its own.

2. The reason people come to places like Goblin Valley is to see rocks that are just like that. You don't have to hike among those rocks, but if you do there are certain risks you have to be willing to accept.

3. If he truly believed the rock was dangerous and this wasn't just an excuse he was using a better approach would have been to warn scouts to avoid walking by it

4. A second approach would have been to contact the park ranger and ask for advice.

5. If everyone starts doing what this guy did, there won't be any rock formations left standing in southern Utah.

Is this rock safe? Its in the middle of a national park.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...730,0,0,6,7635

Old 10-19-2013, 07:02 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,646,914 times
I saw this video last night. Was just struck dumb! SCOUTS did this?! This ain't the Scouts I remember. I'd give them a Summer in a work camp. Stringing fence, digging holes, cutting brush and cleaning outhouses. For starters. Looks to me like a couple of them could use the exercise. A fine is way to lenient. They need to hurt a bit for this. Learn a little respect. The BSA also needs to step up here. If their not to busy worrying about gay Scouts and Scout leaders, maybe they could take a look at what the Scouts are becoming, and do something about it. Pay some attention to core values, like respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events