Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,648,328 times

Advertisements

Why can't people just accept losing? The other team did not play well, deal with it. 32 plays with 91 points? What were they suppose to do, run around in circles every down, for ten seconds waiting for someone to make a tackle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 05:46 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,943,821 times
Some parent saw all the bullying going on in the news and thought that maybe they could bank of it.... quite sad really... this stuff happens all the time.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:03 AM

48,502 posts, read 97,069,428 times
From what I read they played ev3ery layer and only ran the ball. What are they supported to do fumble near goal line every time or let the other team score on purpose. Non-sense.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 AM

129 posts, read 237,137 times
A couple of dumb parents are upset their genes made for some pretty awful football players that probably wouldn't even make the team had they chosen the other school district to live in. Bullying, my behind, all they're doing is a disserivce to kids who find themselves in real bullying situations. None of these kids promptly jumped off a cliff or swallowed the whole medicine cabinet after the game.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:34 PM

420 posts, read 700,229 times
Your team gets beat 91-0 and you're complaining about the OTHER coach?

Coach needs to either start complaining about his own coaching or fire himself. Whenever I got my arse kicked in something in life, I got up, dusted myself off and tried to try to pick up something from the winners. I tried to step my game up, not cry about it. Now I'm in dominant positions competitively and I tell my competitors all the time to analyze the winners and the losers. There's always a difference. These kids AND COACH in my opinion learned a valuable lesson by getting their as5e5 wooped.. that lesson is PRACTICE MORE, LEARN MORE AND TRY HARDER. Instead they run and cry to the news.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,203,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM View Post
Your team gets beat 91-0 and you're complaining about the OTHER coach?

Coach needs to either start complaining about his own coaching or fire himself. Whenever I got my arse kicked in something in life, I got up, dusted myself off and tried to try to pick up something from the winners. I tried to step my game up, not cry about it. Now I'm in dominant positions competitively and I tell my competitors all the time to analyze the winners and the losers. There's always a difference. These kids AND COACH in my opinion learned a valuable lesson by getting their as5e5 wooped.. that lesson is PRACTICE MORE, LEARN MORE AND TRY HARDER. Instead they run and cry to the news.
"They" didn't run and cry to the news.
A parent filed a bullying complaint and, in accordance to state law, the claim must be investigated. Thus, the furor.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:45 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,312,660 times
I wonder if the physical nature of football is what spurred the complaint. Would someone have claimed bullying if beaten 15-0 in soccer? What about putting 20 runners in front of another teams #1 in cross country? What about a convincing debate team victory?

I think I need to invoke Herm Edwards on this. You play. To win. The game.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM

420 posts, read 700,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
"They" didn't run and cry to the news.
A parent filed a bullying complaint and, in accordance to state law, the claim must be investigated. Thus, the furor.
oh ok. I see now. Yea that's a ridiculous parent. 2 or 3 seasons ago, there was a minor furor in the NBA over the Celtics running up the score and shooting 3 pointers in the last few minutes of a game that that were winning by around 50. The other team got upset and started fouling hard and the Celtics' sportsmanship was brought into question.

My opinion is this. There is a reason that there is a clock in the game. Whatever happens between the starting and ending buzzers are a part of the game. If you can't accept that, don't play the game. If your son's team gets blown out 91-0, that's just how the cookie crumbles.. and your son is in HIGH SCHOOL, not grade k-3 where this type of loss could devastate him. If I was 14 and took a loss that bad, I would either laugh at how horrible we were or it would be motivational to me, and I'd bark on myself and everyone in the locker room about how THAT can't happen again. Last thing I'd need is daddy calling the police on the other coach.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,203,222 times
After an exhaustive investigation [roll eyes], the district found there was "no grounds" to support a bullying complaint.

Aledo Football Coach: No Bullying Found In 91-0 Win « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Old 10-24-2013, 03:02 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,443,141 times
Coach should have made them hit tripple digits and really give the idiot parents a heart attack

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events