Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 02:20 AM

6,412 posts, read 6,312,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep2224 View Post
I don't know you or where you came up with a all of your bogus facts, but I for a FACT can say you're so far off base from reality you need help. Shame on you for posting LIES and only your assumptions of this family. They're reclusive and have never belonged to a Country Club! They could even qualify as being anti-social to an unhealthy degree. Mr. Couch has devoted his life to hard work and sacrifice and extremely giving to Children's Charities and his Church. Ethan had a horrific ACCIDENT after turning 16 all of 2 months. I say to all - this could have happened to ANY PARENT out there. So keep your jealousy driven remarks to yourself. Let's face facts people - not one of you know any facts and every wicked foul thing said is simply out of raw hateful jealousy. Perhaps if everyone worked as hard as he has they'd have a WELL DESERVED bank balance themselves. Yes, what happened was beyond horrific but it was not the Company behind they wheel. It was a typical teenage boy. Lastly I'd like to point out that Ethan FORCED no other kid to get in that truck with him. So whatever happened to them is on them.

This family does indeed appear to be "anti-social."

Antisocial | Define Antisocial at Dictionary.com

And it's irrelevant whether they belonged to a country club and/or donated to charity.

You may have a point about the "jealousy" but not for the reason that you think. I personally would love to be able to buy a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. (Wouldn't you?) Although I certainly don't deserve one and neither did this family.

The pass this family bought was not "WELL DESERVED."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 02:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,191,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePorcupine View Post
Texas rich kid who killed 4 in drunken car crash spared jail - NY Daily News

Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'

This is a travesty. No way this kid should've ever gotten free so lightly. This "affluenza" bull is just going to set a very unfair precedent.. Hold this kid responsible for his reprehensible actions!
I remember this story.

I just want to go on the record to say that I was shocked by the outcome.

Just absolutely shocked.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:57 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,856,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePorcupine View Post
Texas rich kid who killed 4 in drunken car crash spared jail - NY Daily News

Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'

This is a travesty. No way this kid should've ever gotten free so lightly. This "affluenza" bull is just going to set a very unfair precedent.. Hold this kid responsible for his reprehensible actions!
Looks like having killed four people hasn't put a damper on Ethan's love for partying - he's still at it.

Video appears to show ‘affluenza teen' Ethan Couch partying

Parole violation - the terms of his 'sentence' (probation, no jail time) required him to abstain from alcohol.

He's killed four people. So far. What do you want to bet he's not done killing people?

Old 12-04-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Looks like having killed four people hasn't put a damper on Ethan's love for partying - he's still at it.

Video appears to show ‘affluenza teen' Ethan Couch partying

Parole violation - the terms of his 'sentence' (probation, no jail time) required him to abstain from alcohol.

He's killed four people. So far. What do you want to bet he's not done killing people?
I saw this yesterday and was going to bump this thread, but I figured that

A) No one would care and/or
B) The usual clan defending/making excuses for the kid

Old 12-04-2015, 01:41 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,059,301 times
Sorry, I didn't read the entire thread but is he getting a probation violation hearing now?

Old 12-04-2015, 02:12 PM

6,412 posts, read 6,312,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Who are these "B" people anyways? I really don't understand their mentality.

Are they coddling and/or "rich" parents who fear this may happen to their kids?

Old 12-04-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Who are these "B" people anyways? I really don't understand their mentality.

Are they coddling and/or "rich" parents who fear this may happen to their kids?
Yeah, I really don't understand that. Do they not realize it could've been their loved one killed? Instead they think it's "jealous of wealthy (and other things) people".

Not murder, but pretty bad, and I was tempted to start a thread on this, but nah.

Drug Enforcement Administration agent’s 19-year-old daughter is a drug dealer: police

Her mugshot on the left from November 6th, gee, wonder why she's smiling so big?

Old 12-04-2015, 02:43 PM

78,774 posts, read 60,963,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

Um, this thread has been around for about 2 years and I scrolled back and didn't see any strong support for him other than some noob with 2 posts that's apparently a friend of the family etc. For a 16yo with liquor involved I could understand the sentence, hell a grown man did pretty much the same thing where I lived and only served something like 3 years and I think he even had a prior.

It kinda looks like you are going for some sort of mass strawman attack, why not wait and just disagree with people that defend him? I mean what sort of group do you think are going to show up and defend him?

Me personally, I think I said here or in another thread that I'd bet big $$$ that he wouldn't make it out of the parole period and would wind up back in jail.

Video alone may not be enough to prove it, we'll have to wait and see, if he violated his parole then he gets what he gets.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:49 PM

58 posts, read 51,344 times
Truly amazing how crap like this can happen. And people wonder why so many are for vigialantism. Seriously, would anyone feel bad if someone went vigilante on his ass and cut off his head and put it on a pike?

Old 12-04-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, this thread has been around for about 2 years and I scrolled back and didn't see any strong support for him other than some noob with 2 posts that's apparently a friend of the family etc. For a 16yo with liquor involved I could understand the sentence, hell a grown man did pretty much the same thing where I lived and only served something like 3 years and I think he even had a prior.

It kinda looks like you are going for some sort of mass strawman attack, why not wait and just disagree with people that defend him? I mean what sort of group do you think are going to show up and defend him?

Me personally, I think I said here or in another thread that I'd bet big $$$ that he wouldn't make it out of the parole period and would wind up back in jail.

Video alone may not be enough to prove it, we'll have to wait and see, if he violated his parole then he gets what he gets.
I was referring to another thread in which Ethan's case was brought up and compared to poorer minorities.

I also know how those threads tend to go.

But thanks, anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events