Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,465,697 times

Advertisements

I started a thread about this in UT but it wasn't getting the attention it deserves. Others may need this information. The man who "donated" and switched his sperm has already proven to be the bio father of a young TX woman. Paternity tests were done.

The University of Utah has a hot line number I'll post separately. If anyone has questions, that will be the number to contact. Utah university investigates suspected sperm switch - CNN.com

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 01:59 AM

Default A More Recent Article

The part - time University of Utah employee didn't work in the University Clinics of even at UUHSC. He worked as a an employee for a company that processed semen samples for sperm. It was about 10 miles from University Hospital.

I disagree with one part of this article. This clinic/lab was across the street from the named hospital, not part of it. I lived within 5 blocks for many years and know where this address was.
University of Utah fields calls about ex-con's alleged semen switching :: The Salt Lake Tribune

MSR

Old 01-24-2014, 02:33 AM

Default Hot line number

This is the hot line number: (801) 587-5852. So far 17 families have called, given the 1991 date of confusion. The Salt Lake Tribune article has the years this person worked at the lab. He was not a direct University employee rather worked for some physicians and potentially others who were employed by the U.of Utah.

If anyone has worked in Academic Medicine and knows how physicians pay "taxes" to their Dept. and Division then you'll also remember how "Development Accounts" were funded by each physician. Those involved in outside contracts or other consulting businesses had to have separate account for each source of income generated away from University of Utah Health Center. Since all their money was tied up in the University Paperwork, employees working on any other projects were paid funds via University of Utah Accounting.

Trust me, this money mgt.makes the IT'S look like beginning math.

Please let anyone who might have utilized fertility treatments at the University of Utah during the dates specified know. Some families are choosing not to have paternity testing. Some still don't know.

Thanks for your help!!

MSR

Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Default DNA Testing Available to patients who Potentially had Sperm Switched by worker in UTAH

The University of Utah Division of Reproductive Medicine emails further.
PLEASE- - if you know anyone who had fertility treatment and A. I., PLEASE let them know. This isn't just UT. Families in TX, CA and other states have already contacted the UUHC about DNA paternity testing.

Families who received treatment with A. I. during that the time frame could be living anywhere by now.

Please help inform others.

University of Utah offers paternity testing for women fearing sperm swap - Chicago Tribune

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-28-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events