Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 PM

40 posts, read 47,456 times

Advertisements

'Flappy Bird' Creator Says He's Taking The Game Down - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 04:51 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Never even heard of "Flappy Bird" until this weekend, so I'm not too upset about it...

Old 02-10-2014, 02:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Had not heard of it till last weekend when I read a humor review of someone who played it.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:35 PM

986 posts, read 1,865,956 times
I downloaded it about a week ago just to see what all the talk and hype was about over the game. I promptly deleted the game after about 5 minutes of frustrated game play! It's one of the most maddening things I've ever played.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,167,481 times
It's funny because now people are selling devices with Flappy Bird for thousands on eBay (just search "Flappy Bird" on there, it's ridiculous). I'm wondering if I should sell because I have the game. Of course, I don't want to be victim of some kind of 21st century Tulipmania, so I'm not too sure.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:38 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
I downloaded it about a week ago just to see what all the talk and hype was about over the game. I promptly deleted the game after about 5 minutes of frustrated game play! It's one of the most maddening things I've ever played.
That was the point of the review I read.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:53 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
I agree, insomuch as this: I may be one of the very few game players, the few times I play games, where to me the object is to LET ME WIN. Dead serious. Life is too hard, I play games to escape the hard realities of life, the last thing I need is more hard realities facing me. Games are where things are supposed to be EASY for me in ways they aren't in real life.

The typical response is "then what's the point of playing," to me the point is to DOMINATE, the objective is to dominate by as much as you possibly can. I despise it when a game allows you to get bonus fire-power or stronger missiles etc but then if you "die," you return to your base-line in an increasingly aggressive level where you pretty much NEED those promotions of fire-power etc to stand a chance.

In like manner, one game I played, sort of a "brick breaker/pong" game, used to upset me because many of the "bricks" contained "poison pills" that would take away bonus fire-power, speed up the ball, shrink your paddle to make the ball harder to hit, and it was all but impossible to avoid them. Most of all, though, the game had TONS of "skull/crossbone" poison pills that killed a man and also demoted you to baseline immediately. Any given screen could have 7-10 of those skull/crossbone poison pills and I felt that was way too many.

Basically, to me, yes a game can be too easy and then it becomes "what's the point," but it also can get to be too hard and when it gets too hard it basically starts to feel too much like the aggravations and headaches you encounter in real life. At that point, I want nothing to do with them.

Regardless, if you want the app and have Android, just do a Yahoo! search for the apk file and side-load it. I can't believe people are paying $1000 for a game they can get for free that way.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:10 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,227,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
It's funny because now people are selling devices with Flappy Bird for thousands on eBay (just search "Flappy Bird" on there, it's ridiculous). I'm wondering if I should sell because I have the game. Of course, I don't want to be victim of some kind of 21st century Tulipmania, so I'm not too sure.
People are trying to sell their Flappy devices for big bucks, but the vast majority are not successful.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:08 PM

145 posts, read 257,129 times
I still have an old flip phone so don't care, but it was funny seeing the videos of people getting super frustrated over the game.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:29 PM

102 posts, read 127,281 times
Lol...I might sell my iphone or iPod touch...they have been selling for $500-1000USD...easy profits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events