Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 04:47 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,306,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
I never said Ryan was "better" than Ben R. I listed them in order that I would choose them... with Stafford at the bottom of the list only because I would choose him over Andy Dalton and the rest of the no name QB's in the NFL... NOT because of " incredulous Matt Ryan & Stafford mentioned in top 10 QBs" as you put it in your post edit. I never said it was a top 10 list.

I did forget about Flacco though... and would probably put him right behind Luck.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

I do have one question though... why is your name Steelers10? You've spent this entire thread slobbering over Russell Wilson and how great he is... maybe you should go with Seahawks10? You'd fit right in out here with all the 'Hawks fan who think Wilson is the second coming of Joe Montana.

BTW, I don't waste time with fantasy football. I tried it once like 5 years ago, played 2 games and haven't touched it since. I don't see the excitement in rooting for individual players in a team sport.

I'm gonna move on from this thread now. It's about Wilson's divorce... not you slobbering over his "greatness."

Been fun...
"Agreed..in order" and then listing ten QBs sure does look like a top 10 list to me. You are doing some backtracking and creating a revisionist history. Hint: you actually seemed smarter when you didn't include Joe Flacco in your list. Why the interest in Wilson? Among reasons which include personal connections which I choose not to discuss, Wilson was the QB that surpassed Big Ben for the most victories in their first two seasons. Accordingly, I've seen Russell Wilson play quite a bit over the past six years. Haven't you?

Not a 49ers fan and I actively root for them not to have more Super Bowl victories than the Steelers. But they've got a pretty good QB on their hands right now so more power to them. Not sure who you root for (nor do I care) but the Seahawks fans have the right to thump their chest about Russell Wilson as the reigning Super Bowl champs. Any true Seahawk fan is not going to trade Russell Wilson right now for half of the QBs in your top 10. I mentioned earlier that many of these lauded QBs have racked up a lot of yardage in domes and ideal weather conditions. Brees hasn't exactly acquitted himself well in Seattle.

Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Wilson are the QBs right now that play home games in dubious weather but still are efficient and throw a lot of touchdowns in the rain and/or cold. Kaepernick lost in the Super Bowl to Flacco (which gives Flacco rep points and a massive contract which is sending Baltimore to their demise) but in two seasons as a starter has GONE UP TO Green Bay and outplayed Aaron Rodgers TWICE in the playoffs. Impressive. And Kaepernick acquitted himself better up in Seattle in the NFC Championship Game (despite the backbreaking Richard Sherman INT) than Peyton Manning did against the Seahawks in the Super Bowl on a neutral site.

So Wilson compares favorably in his early career to Roethlisberger. As a fan of a franchise that has won more Super Bowls than anyone, I don't measure QB success by how many yards can be passed for in some dome or in San Diego, but how many rings are on fingers. I would not trade Bradshaw's truckload of INTs for the 4 four rings. If I couldn't have Roethlisberger as a starter, I would be confident that Rodgers, Brady, and Wilson would not crumble in the first occurrence of "Pittsburgh weather" or when facing the Ravens D. You lost all credibility a few posts ago which is why it is a good idea that you are leaving and not continuing to dig your hole of conjecture.

I do give you credit, on the other hand, to be the first to correctly identify that I am really ONLY discussing Russell Wilson's football acumen. Why? The title of this thread is "Russell Wilson, Seattle Super Bowl winning quarterback, divorcing his wife after 2 years". I am qualified to discuss, in depth, that Russell Wilson is the Super Bowl winning quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks. I can talk about how well he has played in the league and his football abilities. I have watched many of his college and pro games on television and his statistical achievements are public record.

What I have not done, and will not do like many nimrods on this forum, is forecast what will become of his football ability in the future. Because who knows?!? Nor will I speculate the causes of his divorce when I haven't been inside his house. Now what I will tell you is that I have seen Russell Wilson's soon to be ex-wife in the stands next to his mother and it did not appear to be the most amicable relationship between two women that presumably would be enjoying the on-field success of Russell Wilson more than anyone in the stadium. I always found that "interesting". But I am just sticking to what I know based on what I have seen with my own eyes, not pulling assumptions out my rear based on absolutely nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 08:37 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,216,167 times
We aren't privy to why this marriage is breaking up, and it's really none of our business. He's a professional football player, not a motivational speaker or lecturer on how to have a successful marriage, so it has no bearing on his career.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:16 AM

7,816 posts, read 6,404,184 times
Guess he didn't pick up her 3rd year option.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:56 PM

9,826 posts, read 11,577,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Guess he didn't pick up her 3rd year option.
Zing^^^^^^^^^
Best quote of the Thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events