Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2014, 12:49 PM

3,044 posts, read 5,004,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I can't get interested.

How many children were abducted in the US in this past week? How many children murdered in the US? How many went to bed hungry?

Good God! Let's clean up our own house before we mess around with someone else's.
I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time paying attention.

Perhaps you need a celebrity and a catchy hashtag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
and when they are sent to Somalia for the benefit of politicians and not America and they die; they were murdered by politicians.
Well sir, maybe you're right. However, The objectives and the missions have always been clear and precise.

Move in and "take down and out" these scum lords forever.

The world is better for it.

If not now? then when? where's the dignity of not trying? we should just sit back and watch and see how this unfolds? we should just sit back and watch these young kids and children be oppressed or killed?

Look, you're entitled to you're valued opinion and it's appreciated, we're hitting a speed bump here and that's ok.

So, I'll leave you with this, there is a (chalk) unit some where's (FOB) waiting and ready for "the call" made up of (all branches) Tier- One, proven steely eyed Operators, jumping at the chance to save these kids from oppression and murder. And that's that.

Thank you
Knight

Old 05-09-2014, 01:39 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
So, I'll leave you with this, there is a (chalk) unit some where's (FOB) waiting and ready for "the call" made up of (all branches) Tier- One, proven steely eyed Operators, jumping at the chance to save these kids from oppression and murder. And that's that.
that's really a shame. I guess if we don't need those steely eyed operators to defend americans then we shouldn't be trying to prevent military budget cuts.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,326,728 times
Quote:
yeah? those people are hopping on planes to Nigeria to help find those girls?

or are those people supporting spending other people's money to help those girls?
Did you read the MULTIPLE links I posted in the message above the one you quote from? Each of the organizations I cited have programs on the ground in the danger zones to rescue the abducted, provide services for the rescued, and MOST IMPORTANTLY lobby governments to mobilize law enforcement in danger zones. All of those activities cost money, of course. Where do you think that money will come from? Nigeria?

If Americans really want to help with something besides money, they could start in their own country — and other wealthy countries in Europe — to shut down the market for the slave trade. Women and children are kidnapped because there is a market for them. That's sick and the sickies who want to buy those people are citizens of first world countries.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Did you read the MULTIPLE links I posted in the message above the one you quote from? Each of the organizations I cited have programs on the ground in the danger zones to rescue the abducted, provide services for the rescued, and MOST IMPORTANTLY lobby governments to mobilize law enforcement in danger zones. All of those activities cost money, of course. Where do you think that money will come from? Nigeria?.
that's wonderful. these worthless SOB's getting politicians to waste taxpayer money. why don't they just collect their own money and other people's donations and stop trying to steal the money from people that work for a living.

"oh I think my cause is so important that other people should be forced to pay for it!"

oh and I didn't read your links. feel free to post up some more links that I wont bother reading.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:12 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
Quote:
Did you read the MULTIPLE links I posted in the message above the one you quote from? Each of the organizations I cited have programs on the ground in the danger zones to rescue the abducted, provide services for the rescued, and MOST IMPORTANTLY lobby governments to mobilize law enforcement in danger zones. All of those activities cost money, of course. Where do you think that money will come from? Nigeria?
Let's get real. Only the US military, the British military, and any other nation that joins in will implement these programs effectively here and put a stop to this.

Quote:
If Americans really want to help with something besides money, they could start in their own country — and other wealthy countries in Europe — to shut down the market for the slave trade. Women and children are kidnapped because there is a market for them. That's sick and the sickies who want to buy those people are citizens of first world countries.
Let's get real again. In this instance, the enslaved girls will be going to polygamous Muslims, perhaps wealthy by Nigerian standards, but the buyers here are not Western nationals.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:19 PM

in case Charles ramsey isn't available, here is someone else that they may want to send over there to rescue the girls:

Old 05-09-2014, 02:22 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
Quote:
in case Charles ramsey isn't available, here is someone else that they may want to send over there to rescue the girls:
That was a good action thriller, in the sense that the actual villians *were* nearly all muslims, with only a few token Eurotrash thrown in. I am amazed "politically correct" but intellectually dishonest Commiewood made the film.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Damn. Good thing I wasn't reading this thread from the bridge. I might've jumped. Compassion for our fellow humans seems to be evaporating. I wasn't aware we had to ration out our concern to those only in our own land.

The tragedy at Sandy Hook had people from all over the globe expressing their condolences, and that's just one example of people who care about children not in their own backyard.
Expressing condolences is far different than sending national resources in the form of manpower and/or monetary resources.

We're the first to jump when there's a disaster somewhere, anywhere. We send money, we send troops, we send whatever we've got. It's time we minded our own business.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
we have ads that say our navy is a "global force for good"????? man, how stupid is our government. our navy is our navy and its supposed to defend America. in fact, that's our government's obligation and our government doesn't have the constitutional right to waste our money helping other countries. all this foreign aid stuff is outside of the government's legal authority but nobody seems to care. they take our money and then its the government's to spend any way they want, even if its not for anything benefiting America. so insane.
As much as I hate our military and tax dollars going for fighting elsewhere in the world, I would rather have our military fighting on foreign soil than knocking on our doors. Call me silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events