Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:35 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
On one of his Youtube videos he writes that he re-posted his videos after removing them because of concerns expressed by his family. So his family knew something was going on.

On his videos he's just creepy, has a strange affect, a weird fake ominous laugh, and that '80s music. Just bizarre.
Well, suspecting something and getting him treatment are two different things. I mean if these videos aren't cries for help I don't know what is. Maybe I'm just hyper-sensitive because I've gone through the same depression and feelings of doom and gloom. The therapy and medication definitely helps and would have prevented this tragedy.

But I do agree that he may have been socially awkward and even felt he was better than everyone else. I have no doubt there were dozens of girls who would have dated him simply because he drove an expensive car and had a famous father. But he probably only had eyes for the blond blue-eyed bombshells who were way out of his league. So instead of settling for 7s and 8s, he chose to hold a grudge against all women because 9s and 10s rejected him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 12:45 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,970 times
Oh look, a spoiled little brat who got everything money could buy but couldn't get the things money can't buy, like social skills. To have all that money and be unable to get women or get laid, he must have been a Grade A loser with interpersonal skills that are as attractive as a cockroach.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had some 1-and-done dates, as women were immediately creeped out by his attitude & selfishness. I've seen uglier and poorer guys get laid

Old 05-24-2014, 12:49 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
I watched several of his youtube videos last night. (Wish I hadn't - at first I thought people had just linked to his account out of a rumor he was the killer. I almost thought the videos were fake at first.) It's just bizarre. He did have a narcissist thing going - Oh, I have an expensive car, I've traveled the world, I have $300 sunglasses, I dress well, I'm magnificent (who says that?). There's even a video of him watching a couple kissing and he goes on about how envious it makes him. He said he'd never kissed a girl or even held a girl's hand.

It's weird because UCSB is a really social campus - there's a thousand and one social groups and activities to be involved in, at least it was like that when I went there. And IV is your classic college party town; lots of alcohol and kids looking for fun every weekend. I'd like to know how he came off to people in a normal social setting.
Who says that? People with low self esteem and no sense of self-worth. This kid obviously has some very deep-seated emotional issues. Why didn't his parents recognize them before tragedy struck? Probably because they were too caught up in their own lives and only knew how to buy love, not show love.

In every one of these mass shootings, there is always early evidence that something wasn't quite right with the suspect. "He was a loner, he kept to himself, he had no friends." No, everybody who fits that description doesn't become a mass killer. But nearly every mass killer fits that description.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:51 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
I'm surprised the video is still up, really it should be removed, even if he had just talked of doing something, still it's threatening. Youtube is so quick to remove the old I Love Lucy videos but is slow in removing the threatening video he made even after all that's happened?

In that video he comes across like a very entitled pompous little punk. He probably thought his car and having a rich daddy would assure him luck with girls. He must have been even more nauseating in person than in this video to repulse even the gold digger types.

"He was a loner, he kept to himself, he had no friends." No, everybody who fits that description doesn't become a mass killer. But nearly every mass killer fits that description.

Not everybody? A very small percentage of the lonely, rejected or with a history of no friends kill. People snap for other reasons too, often it has to do with their family relationship and abuse.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 PM

43,669 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Here is the transcript of his chilling video:
Disturbing transcript of video sheriff says may be tied to shootings near UCSB*-*Los Angeles Times
Absolutely horrible!

Old 05-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Looks like updated to seven including shooter himself.

Sheriff Confirms Seven Dead in Isla Vista Shootings | News - KEYT

YT vid of shooter, though not confirmed as of yet. Get before YT pulls it.

Sheriff Confirms Seven Dead in Isla Vista Shootings | News - KEYT

He posted over at misc, but the mods are actively deleting the threads. Guess they haven't heard of google cache.
So this psycho was a C-D contributor?

I'm really surprised his YT tirade hasn't been taken down yet, unless it's a bootleg copy that somebody else uploaded?

Old 05-24-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'm surprised the video is still up, really it should be removed, even if he had just talked of doing something, still it's threatening. Youtube is so quick to remove the old I Love Lucy videos but is slow in removing the threatening video he made even after all that's happened?

In that video he comes across like a very entitled pompous little punk. He probably thought his car and having a rich daddy would assure him luck with girls. He must have been even more nauseating in person than in this video to repulse even the gold digger types.

"He was a loner, he kept to himself, he had no friends." No, everybody who fits that description doesn't become a mass killer. But nearly every mass killer fits that description.

Not everybody? A very small percentage of the lonely, rejected or with a history of no friends kill. People snap for other reasons too, often it has to do with their family relationship and abuse.
Well, I think it's safe to say this kid had a very warped idea of what love is. He probably was never shown real love in his life. It's a sad commentary on this entire generation.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:17 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,298,352 times
Someone had called police two weeks prior.

Attorney: son suspected in shooting rampage

Old 05-24-2014, 01:31 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,292,527 times
All keep to themselves quiet loner awkward people need to be locked up for societies protection.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
So this psycho was a C-D contributor?

I'm really surprised his YT tirade hasn't been taken down yet, unless it's a bootleg copy that somebody else uploaded?
There are quite a few nut cases over at the Relationships forum who sound a lot like this lunatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events