Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 PM

141 posts, read 116,124 times

Advertisements

Here's a perfect use of force by police to subdue an attacking rottweiler with lethal force. Total fault on the owner here. Dog should have been contained properly and window shut before he was arrested. Not sure why he was arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9fCK6Y0bu4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
I do not like crappy dog owners that let their dogs roam. I have always owned large dogs. I buried my 12 year old Rottweiler last fall. He never bit anyone. My Cane Corso mastiffs are 9 yeas old, they have also never bit anyone. I am a responsible dog owner and I am free to choose whatever breed I want.
It's good to hear you are at least responsible. I'm assuming you pay attention to leash laws as well.

Unfortunately, many many owners are not responsible.

EVERY rotty or mastiff is not vicious. It's simply a breed average. Same thing said over and over.

Are you also free to choose a mountain lion, tiger or a lion? Public safety needs to be taken into account. Should there be no special laws/licenses for alpha breeds? I believe there should be. Just my opinion.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:37 PM

159 posts, read 169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
It's good to hear you are at least responsible. I'm assuming you pay attention to leash laws as well.

Unfortunately, many many owners are not responsible.

EVERY rotty or mastiff is not vicious. It's simply a breed average. Same thing said over and over.

Are you also free to choose a mountain lion, tiger or a lion? Public safety needs to be taken into account. Should there be no special laws/licenses for alpha breeds? I believe there should be. Just my opinion.
It is not a "breed average". I do not compare wild animals to domesticated dogs. What is a "Alpha" breed?

Old 06-18-2014, 03:40 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,579,035 times
Trashy people own and breed these nasty Gangsterbulls.

The Pitbull line was bred for fighting.....but it was specifically meant NOT to be aggressive towards its handlers/Humans. So the PROFESSIONAL breeders USED TO cull or neuter any Pitbull that would show undesirable characteristics......especially aggression towards humans.

Enter the trashy/greedy/idiotic breeders/owners of present day......they will breed any trashy Gangsterbull and sell it. Now you have a whole breed of dogs, that for the most part, are very, very unpredictable and untrustworthy.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
It is not a "breed average". I do not compare wild animals to domesticated dogs. What is a "Alpha" breed?
Yes you're right. Domesticated dogs kill more people than all wild animals combined. That's a fact.

We make a distinction about "domestication" and somehow that means safety, but it's all b.s. All that means is that we brought a predatory animal with wild instincts into our house. The animal still is an animal. It's not a sheep or a cow. It's not truly docile. Leave the pit bulls in the chicken pen and see what can happen. lol

Put a house cat in the wild and the become feral cats surviving like they always used to. Animal instincts are still intact in almost all cats. Cats are not a danger to people though. Until you start getting big cats,(cougar/tiger) then extreme danger.

Rotties, German shepards, pitties, ect. are alpha breeds. Basically powerful dogs.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Trashy people own and breed these nasty Gangsterbulls.

The Pitbull line was bred for fighting.....but it was specifically meant NOT to be aggressive towards its handlers/Humans. So the PROFESSIONAL breeders USED TO cull or neuter any Pitbull that would show undesirable characteristics......especially aggression towards humans.

Enter the trashy/greedy/idiotic breeders/owners of present day......they will breed any trashy Gangsterbull and sell it. Now you have a whole breed of dogs, that for the most part, are very, very unpredictable and untrustworthy.
Exactly. Dog aggressive, not people aggressive USED to be the hallmark trade of the pure bred game pit bull. That's long gone. Now we have these oversized mixed beasts.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh, so you've worked for years in vet clinics, have you? A setting where you work with a variety of dog types? A scene where it's probably the most stressful for an animal so you would naturally see them at their worst? Yeah, I didn't think so. I think I'll stick with my own first hand knowledge of certain dog types since I have the experience that you don't have.
That is what I have said all along.... it is the people with absolutely NO experience with these dogs who are so hyper reactionary.....

I have handled many many many pitbulls .... on transport, which can also be very stressful... and have not had a problem with a single one of them.....

Last edited by Oldhag1; 06-18-2014 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote and response

Old 06-18-2014, 03:58 PM

159 posts, read 169,069 times
Quote:
Yes you're right. Domesticated dogs kill more people than all wild animals combined. That's a fact.

We make a distinction about "domestication" and somehow that means safety, but it's all b.s. All that means is that we brought a predatory animal with wild instincts into our house. The animal still is an animal. It's not a sheep or a cow. It's not truly docile. Leave the pit bulls in the chicken pen and see what can happen. lol

Put a house cat in the wild and the become feral cats surviving like they always used to. Animal instincts are still intact in almost all cats. Cats are not a danger to people though. Until you start getting big cats,(cougar/tiger) then extreme danger.

Rotties, German shepards, pitties, ect. are alpha breeds. Basically powerful dogs.
I don't think domesticated dogs dogs kill more people than all wild animals combined is a fact.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:00 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
yeah I love when he says dogs are "predictable" and then when he gets attacked by that ferocious lab he says "I didn't see that coming"
Here's the video of the attack. Lucky it was a lab and not something larger/more powerful or he might not have a hand. He's been bit multiple times on that show and he's an expert. Enough said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihXq_WwiWM
That dog was frightened. Did you notice the tail between the legs and the hackles on her back? A frightened animal is a dangerous animal. Do not underestimate them.

I had a yellow Lab / Chow mix that was very docile, (looked like a pure lab) but I didn't really trust her with strangers because she weighed 90 lbs and was a skittish fraidy cat (so to speak). They will bite you if they are afraid. They will also tend to bite you if they sense you are afraid, because instictively, they know that a frightened animal is a dangerous animal. She never bit anyone, but she did charge a pool guy she didn't know when the regular guy called off. I was home, so all was well.

My Chow / Basset mix bit someone, seriously, and it wasn't really a surprise. He was always a one-person dog, and could be aggressive. I could take steak out of his mouth, but anyone else who approached him, well.... not so good, depending on his mood. I wept for days when I had to have him put down. He caused my step-nephew to have thirty stitches in his face and knocked out an adult tooth. The law didn't compel me to put him down because we have a one-bite rule here in NV, but I did it anyway because he was dangerous.

If you have a powerful dog and you can't control it at all times, don't have it. Period.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I don't think domesticated dogs dogs kill more people than all wild animals combined is a fact.
Quick Statistics - U.S. Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org
In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans, about one citizen every 18.6 days.
---------

9 years. And that's JUST pit bulls!
How many people killed by bears, mountain lions, wolves in that same time period?

About 8 people killed by bears in same time period.
List of fatal bear attacks in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1 mountain lion in that time period
List of fatal cougar attacks in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Zero fatalities from wolves.

Do the math.

Give me an east coast black bear on my walking trail than off leash alpha breed any day of the week. In fact give me a pack of wolves. They have natural fear of man because we hunted them for so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events