Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 07:46 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,244,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
What's weird is the dogs were out of the yard, beyond the fence. Are you saying the UPS guy first dragged the large dogs over the electric fence and then proceeded to cut them up together? That seems equally strange to me.
It's a weird story, and the way that lady has her dog on the couch tells me who's dominant in her home. It's not her in a dogs world. You should never allow a dog to take over the couch, or bed, I do know that much. Every dog trainer I've talked to in the past stated that right away. Also, why would she say he shouldn't have rang the doorbell. Is the UPS guy her personal servant? She's flaky.

I'd love to talk to all her neighbors and see if they have any info on the dogs being aggressive or not. It could be a psycho UPS guy but again, it could be aggressive dogs protecting the home.

Any who, in AZ the dogs would be shot in a second for attacking anyone. At least those dogs lived through it. We carry guns out here and aggressive dogs are indeed on the "ok to shoot" list.
Nope, not saying or implying. Like everyone else on the forum, I am limited to a rather poorly written article that is far too light on facts (like it was Pitt Bulls, for instance!)

I just think if UPS is considering firing him, and the police are considering charging him, then the copy writer left out some rather important peices of information that would indicate the UPS guy did something very wrong in this event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:51 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,887,471 times
I haven't read all the posts on this thread.

I am certainly not a PB apologist by any means.

I read the article linked in the OP several times and I don't see anything that indicates the breed of these dogs that the UPS guy injured.

Can someone please point out to me where it says the dogs were Pitbulls?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What do you think about the breeding and temperament of the lowly hound???

Anyone????
They stink, they're hard to train, frequently do damage in yards trying to follow their noses. Wouldn't want one for a house dog, but if I were a hunter, I am sure I would have a pack.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,504,020 times
I just read a more recent article.

Seems they've lived there 6 years, have deliveries all the time, and have never had a problem. Also seems the invisible fence only allows the dogs to go halfway down the drive and their delivery people all know to leave the packages at the end of the drive. It's not uncommon around here for those kinds of permanent instructions to be given to UPS for their delivery men by people who have long driveways and get lots of deliveries. Presumably this was a new delivery person who didn't get the word, though that is an assumption on my part, it's not stated in the article.

It has been stated by UPS that carrying the box cutter is a violation of UPS policy.

Still nothing whatsoever on any injuries of any kind to the UPS driver.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,419,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
They stink, they're hard to train, frequently do damage in yards trying to follow their noses. Wouldn't want one for a house dog, but if I were a hunter, I am sure I would have a pack.
If you where a bear hunter you would really want one.....there is a bloodline of hounds that are the horrible things people say pit bulls are.

About a year ago I about got banned for posting video of our hounds ripping a 900 pound bear apart....it was a little violent.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I haven't read all the posts on this thread.

I am certainly not a PB apologist by any means.

I read the article linked in the OP several times and I don't see anything that indicates the breed of these dogs that the UPS guy injured.

Can someone please point out to me where it says the dogs were Pitbulls?
Somewhere in the bowels of the thread the link read "Pitt bulls attacked by ups man" or something close. The thread quickly devolved into a "pitt bulls are bad" thread, even though it has nothing to do with pitt bulls.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:44 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,504,020 times
Quote:
Somewhere in the bowels of the thread the link read "Pitt bulls attacked by ups man" or something close. The thread quickly devolved into a "pitt bulls are bad" thread, even though it has nothing to do with pitt bulls.
Actually, the thread title states (completely inaccurately, go figure) "UPS driver slashes 2 pitbulls". Never mind that the dogs in question aren't, and never were, pit bulls or even pit bull types.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 PM

624 posts, read 765,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
Yeah they didn't give a rats ass even when the dog killed her! They got them from white supremacits if I recall correctly. How could an apt building allow dogs like that? Immediate eviction.

Cocker spaniels USED to be great! Then they became super popular and then began the terrible breeding for $$$$$. They stopped paying attention to the demeanor of the dogs and just bred them as quickly as possible puppy mill style.
I live near Amish country where the Amish are well known for their puppy mills.

There is a touristy Amish Country newspaper I get periodically in the mail. There is one particular farm who touts their baked goods and cheese. And oh, by the way, take home a puppy (many breeds available!), too.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:23 PM

624 posts, read 765,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
yes... and that certain type of guy (or gal, for that matter) is EXACTLY what is wrong with the pit bull... they don't raise and socialize them properly... they are aggressive and abusive towards the dogs so that the dogs become aggressive and abusive back, etc. etc. all in the name of toughness....

and over the years, I have worked with HUNDREDS of dogs... transporting them THOUSANDS of miles and the only bite I have ever received was from a poodle... although a chihuahua came mighty close one time.....

I have handled many many many pitbulls and not a one of them has given me the slightest problem......
Pretty much every pit bull I have ever had the pleasure of meeting has been a lovely, well behaved dog. I do agree it's all about who owns them.

And these days, I alway ask chihuahua owners if their little dog bites before I attempt to befriend them.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:36 PM

7,191 posts, read 4,887,471 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Actually, the thread title states (completely inaccurately, go figure) "UPS driver slashes 2 pitbulls". Never mind that the dogs in question aren't, and never were, pit bulls or even pit bull types.
That's what I thought. Done with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events