Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,485,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
But that is what is mandated by CMS/Obamacare, that birth control be paid for by health insurance with no co-pays or deductibles, so no out of pocket expenses for the recipient.
Indeed. The masses receiving subsidies are having their contraceptives partially paid for by taxpayer dollars - both those who are for it and against. Planned Parenthood hands out contraceptives at taxpayer expense as well as performs abortions funded by taxpayer, religious taxpayers as well as all others.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:23 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,240,647 times
conservative christian trolling liberals and it backfires. Look at the two pictures side by side.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07...ng-similarity/

Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,597,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Indeed. The masses receiving subsidies are having their contraceptives partially paid for by taxpayer dollars - both those who are for it and against. Planned Parenthood hands out contraceptives at taxpayer expense as well as performs abortions funded by taxpayer, religious taxpayers as well as all others.
The feds fund approximately 1/3 of PP. Abortions are not federally funded. Abortions account for approximately only 3% of PP services. You don't want women to have access to birth control or abortions. You need to understand that people are going to keep having sex, whether you like it or not. It's a fact of life. Provide affordable access to birth control or run the risk of increased abortions. You can't have your cake & eat it too.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The feds fund approximately 1/3 of PP. Abortions are not federally funded. Abortions account for approximately only 3% of PP services. You don't want women to have access to birth control or abortions. You need to understand that people are going to keep having sex, whether you like it or not. It's a fact of life. Provide affordable access to birth control or run the risk of increased abortions. You can't have your cake & eat it too.
So in your liberal view it is permissible to shove abortion down the throats of those who are opposed to it from a religious viewpoint. That figures. It is their money too you must realize that is paying for your Obamacare subsidies and contribute to the $500K a year the government gives to Planned Parenthood.
Do you not realize that the US has performed more abortions than the 6,000,000
Jews accredited to as being killed by Nazi Germany? If you wish to murder your unborn, don't ask me to help you. I take care of my own family. You take care of yourself and your fami;ly without imposing your will and expense upon me. Return the courtesy.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Keep it in your pants.
Either keep it in your pants or keep your legs closed or pay your own way. That's what my wife and I had to do. You're no better than us. The government doesn't subsidize my medical insurance. I must pay a very large co-pay for my insulin and heart meds. Why can't you get your sexual partner to help you pay for your birth control. I paid for my wife's birth control until she had to come off them because they messed her period up, gave her headaches, messed up her hormones, etc. You agree to pay for my heat meds and my insulin and I will agree to help pay for your birth control. Problem is, I don't have a choice but to pay for yours so that the Democrats can buy your soul for a few bucks of taxpayer money.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
So in your liberal view it is permissible to shove abortion down the throats of those who are opposed to it from a religious viewpoint. That figures. It is their money too you must realize that is paying for your Obamacare subsidies and contribute to the $500K a year the government gives to Planned Parenthood.
Jews accredited to as being killed by Nazi Germany? If you wish to murder your unborn, don't ask me to help you. I take care of my own family. You take care of yourself and your fami;ly without imposing your will and expense upon me. Return the courtesy.
You need to read before you post. Abortions are not federally funded. End of story.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Either keep it in your pants or keep your legs closed or pay your own way. That's what my wife and I had to do. You're no better than us. The government doesn't subsidize my medical insurance. I must pay a very large co-pay for my insulin and heart meds. Why can't you get your sexual partner to help you pay for your birth control. I paid for my wife's birth control until she had to come off them because they messed her period up, gave her headaches, messed up her hormones, etc. You agree to pay for my heat meds and my insulin and I will agree to help pay for your birth control. Problem is, I don't have a choice but to pay for yours so that the Democrats can buy your soul for a few bucks of taxpayer money.
You're not paying for my birth control.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:54 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,624,641 times
Quote:

It always gets me that that party that shouts the loudest for personal freedoms is always the hammer that comes down on others' (unless it fits with their ideology)

newsflash-- birth control is used for more than just contraception. I'm on it because I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, which only responds to certain bc meds. It keeps my hormones and periods regular. And I'm one of the lucky ones that doesnt have allergies and doesnt need a IUD.

No one "shoves" abortion down anyones throat, we believe that everyone has the right to choose- since, you know, its THEIR life being impacted, not some Bible-thumping idiot across the country. If "shoving" is your definition of fighting to maintain lawful rights from invasive Christianity policies, then I would accept the use of that term.

What you don't understand is you can ****-shame and tell people to keep their legs closed until you're blue in the face, but think for a second-do you think that makes any kind of difference? Like because some ******* on the internet told me to keep my legs closed, I will? How about some actual, tangible proof, ie

Access to birth control minimizes abortions
Access to abortions minimizes unwanted pregnancies that usually end up on the government dole

Everyone knows the right obsesses over welfare so stop shooting yourself in the foot and accept the fact that limiting birth control isnt a wise idea for anyone.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
You need to read before you post. Abortions are not federally funded. End of story.
The $500K in federal taxpayer funds handed out to Planned Parenthood goes toward all their activities and you know it. May God help you for selling your vote and for supporting the murder of the most helpless and defenseless of all.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
You're not paying for my birth control.

Good. I shouldn't be required to pay for it. You didn't pay for my wife's birth control back when she took them. You don't pay for my heart meds or my insulin either. I will pay my and my family's way if you will pay for your own way and stay out of my wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events