Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,301,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Either keep it in your pants or keep your legs closed or pay your own way. That's what my wife and I had to do. You're no better than us. The government doesn't subsidize my medical insurance. I must pay a very large co-pay for my insulin and heart meds. Why can't you get your sexual partner to help you pay for your birth control. I paid for my wife's birth control until she had to come off them because they messed her period up, gave her headaches, messed up her hormones, etc. You agree to pay for my heat meds and my insulin and I will agree to help pay for your birth control. Problem is, I don't have a choice but to pay for yours so that the Democrats can buy your soul for a few bucks of taxpayer money.
Your fellow insureds subsidize your insulin and your heart meds, as well as prescribed birth control. That's how insurance works. So you're already paying for other insureds birth control. The ACA regulation that mandates contraceptive coverage is simply adding it to the formularies of drugs that must be covered, and requires a zero copay for insureds. If you are uninsured, you still pay full price.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,589,546 times
Quote:
The $500K in federal taxpayer funds handed out to Planned Parenthood goes toward all their activities and you know it. May God help you for selling your vote and for supporting the murder of the most helpless and defenseless of all.
Such dramatics.
Quote:
Good. I shouldn't be required to pay for it. You didn't pay for my wife's birth control back when she took them. You don't pay for my heart meds or my insulin either. I will pay my and my family's way if you will pay for your own way and stay out of my wallet.
Everyone is in everyone else's wallet. It's called taxes. Get over it.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,484,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Your fellow insureds subsidize your insulin and your heart meds, as well as prescribed birth control. That's how insurance works. So you're already paying for other insureds birth control. The ACA regulation that mandates contraceptive coverage is simply adding it to the formularies of drugs that must be covered, and requires a zero copay for insureds. If you are uninsured, you still pay full price.
Of course they do. That's why we have group insurance in the first place. It spreads the costs around among the plan's policyholders. It's the fact that a non-injury, non-disease, drug is fully paid for that ticks me off and the fact that those receiving taxpayer subsidies to help pay for their insurance premiums is aiding in running our national debt through the roof. If a non-injury and non-medical conditional is mandated to be free of co-pay then mandate essential life-threatening meds for injury and bona fide medical conditions be without co-pay also. What's next? Anything the Democrats can think up to buy another group's vote at taxpayer expense. In other words, if you're going to get yours free of co-pay, give me mine free of co-pay as well, but I'm not going to sell my soul to you for doing it because I have paid my co-pay all these years and do not whine nor expect to force anyone else to pay my co-pays for me.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:25 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,623,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
exactly.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,484,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Such dramatics.

Everyone is in everyone else's wallet. It's called taxes. Get over it.
It's also call taxpayer subsidies. You want me to get over it because you are the beneficiary and not the victim of the mandate. You probably pay no taxes yourself and probably get food stamps and a subsidy to pay your premiums if you are not on Medicade or some other entitlement program.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,589,546 times
Quote:
It's also call taxpayer subsidies. You want me to get over it because you are the beneficiary and not the victim of the mandate. You probably pay no taxes yourself and probably get food stamps and a subsidy to pay your premiums if you are not on Medicade or some other entitlement program.
Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,202,035 times
Quote:
I don't know fragile but I find it interesting that you automatically conclude s/he is poor and doesn't pay taxes and is on entitlement. I have more money than I know what to do with and I believe in Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare and all the other things I gladly pay taxes for to help my fellow Americans. You are showing your bias when you accuse anybody of being on the dole just because they don't agree with your right wingnut politics.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
You probably pay no taxes yourself and probably get food stamps and a subsidy to pay your premiums if you are not on Medicade or some other entitlement program.
You're either paranoid/senile or you need to get out more.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:55 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,301,810 times
Quote:
Of course they do. That's why we have group insurance in the first place. It spreads the costs around among the plan's policyholders. It's the fact that a non-injury, non-disease, drug is fully paid for that ticks me off and the fact that those receiving taxpayer subsidies to help pay for their insurance premiums is aiding in running our national debt through the roof. If a non-injury and non-medical conditional is mandated to be free of co-pay then mandate essential life-threatening meds for injury and bona fide medical conditions be without co-pay also. What's next? Anything the Democrats can think up to buy another group's vote at taxpayer expense. In other words, if you're going to get yours free of co-pay, give me mine free of co-pay as well, but I'm not going to sell my soul to you for doing it because I have paid my co-pay all these years and do not whine nor expect to force anyone else to pay my co-pays for me.
Actually, many, MANY women, including me, take hormonal birth control for non-contraceptive reasons. In further fact, I never needed the contraceptive aspect of these drugs because I am in fact infertile. Will you now try to tell me that my medication should not be covered because it also happens to be a contraceptive?

Read this Colorado claims contraceptive program caused big drop in teen birth rates - The Denver Post and tell me contraceptives will bankrupt the country. That idea is simply laughable, considering all of the costs of pregnancy, childbirth, and raising, feeding, and educating the resultant children. According to the article, the state of Colorado has saved $5.68 in Medicaid costs for every dollar spent on the program, as well as lowering the teen birth rate.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:06 PM

"Pro-Life" movement does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to tackle the root cause of abortions, those being unwanted pregnancies. Let's also focus on how the Pro-Life movement instead INCREASES THE ABORTION RATE by opposing contraception access and supporting abstinence-only sex education.

"Studies have shown free birth control would reduce the abortion rate by 75%." WHY IS THE PRO LIFE MOVEMENT NOT SUPPORTING THIS?

Conclusion: not really pro-life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events