Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:48 PM

390 posts, read 941,187 times

Advertisements

This is why people must be allowed to carry a gun on their person at all times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 01:04 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
It probably would not help. It would be a blitz attack where you would have little time to react. Google Las Vegas Cici's Walmart. All three victims were armed. They just didn't see it coming.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
If it were that easy a solution, why are there so many people (conservatives) worried about ISIS coming to America?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If it were that easy a solution, why are there so many people (conservatives) worried about ISIS coming to America?
Who said it was a solution?

It's a potential way for an individual to fight back.

What do you believe is the best course of action for a potential rape victim:
1. Kick, scream, bite and claw.
2. Lay back and take it.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Two words:

concealed weapon

I don't Aussies are allowed.

Might be why the terrorists targeted them.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:46 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah--they must have sneaked in through Australia's porous southern border.
Lol you probably don't even know we have our own issues with refugees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

2. Lay back and take it.

No, it's not a solution.

I'll take authorities doing their job, making arrests before it gets to streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't Aussies are allowed.

Might be why the terrorists targeted them.
More ignorance.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

2. Lay back and take it.
That post read as if simply carrying a gun would somehow eliminate this problem. It doesn't.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:54 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
I honestly don't think it would help. I agree with the poster who said you'd never see them coming until they had already grabbed you. Like that poor soldier in London killed crossing the street, they just ran up behind him and started stabbing. People don't walk around in the daytime expecting trouble, so the terrorists have a huge advantage IMO.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I'll take authorities doing their job, making arrests before it gets to streets.
Generally speaking, the authorities are called after the crime to arrest and prosecute the criminals.

If my head is sawed off, having them arrested really doesn't do much for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That post read as if simply carrying a gun would somehow eliminate this problem. It doesn't.
I'll agree that carrying a gun will not eliminate this problem; however, it could potentially keep a person from being a victim of such a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I honestly don't think it would help. I agree with the poster who said you'd never see them coming until they had already grabbed you. Like that poor soldier in London killed crossing the street, they just ran up behind him and started stabbing. People don't walk around in the daytime expecting trouble, so the terrorists have a huge advantage IMO.
You'd NEVER see them coming?

Wow, it they are that good, why are we even trying to stop them when we obviously can't.

If you believe you would never see them coming, well, you can choose to do nothing.

I believe I might see them coming, and if so, I'd like to have a gun.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:34 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Then they would upload it on social media. I can't believe this is happening in my city, which I thought is safe from terrorism.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/2503...eys-northwest/
UPDATE: Man charged after Sydney terror raids allegedly plotted to 'abduct people off the street and film their beheadings' - 9news.com.au

Stay indoors, Sydneysiders.
Yeah, "stay indoors." That will help.

LOL: United States here, your close allies in understanding that terror must be confronted, distasteful though that may be to prissy little Ivy League professors embarrassed about the use of hard power. Which means firebombing, shooting dead, and consigning corrupt 7th Century ideologies to the dustbin of history, civilization-to-civilization.

In my country, wandering around in crowds and on the street in major cities without one or more layers of self-defense is far-Left insanity, and/or simply not too bright. Thank God that state by state, we have different options up to and including legal, licensed handguns. Or, as I call the latter, "emergency escape devices." Responsible adults should understand at least rudimentary self-defense, one would think.

In my experience, unfortunately personal violence tends to explode quickly. Blitz attacks. If there is time, a faceful of pepper spray and/or brass knuckles to your opponent's sweetmeats is a stalling tactic that buys you seconds. Seconds you should be using to run away. Anywhere away. Which diffuses the trouble, 9/10 times.

Food for thought, before and if you choose to disarm yourselves fully. If that is a possibility. We've proven pretty conclusively here that relying on the "police" for anything is just dumb. They're like a monster: awaken it, it may take a big bite from everyone but may serve your purposes if unleashed on the right enemy in the right way. The trouble is getting it to move for you. Good luck with that.

Trembling in fear won't help you. Exposing and confronting ignorant, 7th Century anti-Christian, anti-liberty, anti-civilization barbarism wherever it is seen WILL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events