Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Yup, I reported every one of her posts but I doubt anything will happen. You should see her other posts where she says she wouldn't be sad if Hitler killed Arabs.
WHAT???? Ok, done. Marka I think is the mod who will take care of it.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Quote:
Yup, I reported every one of her posts but I doubt anything will happen. You should see her other posts where she says she wouldn't be sad if Hitler killed Arabs.
It was much worse than your gentle sentence. Pretty horrific, actually.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,580,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ok, that's enough. Your posts remind me of a guy on here who has nothing to say but BS blather about women. He's jaded. Bitter & jaded. You are bitter & jaded about men. Or, you're just saying this stuff to get a rise out of all of us....they have a word for that. Done. There are crap men, there are crap women. The. End. We all have to deal with it at one point or another.
Are you a woman? If so, I don't see how you can't agree unless you enjoy being sexually harassed. And thee "crap men" FAR outweigh the crap women. Men cause 90% of murders, around 99% of rapes and are constantly so obsessed with being "macho" and "masculine" that they love to cause death and destruction wherever they go. Just look at this: War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In prehistorical post-Paleolithic societies, war likely consisted of small-scale raiding. One half of the people found in a Nubian cemetery dating to as early as 12,000 years ago had died of violence.[13] Since the rise of the state some 5,000 years ago,[14] military activity has occurred over much of the globe. The advent of gunpowder and the acceleration of technological advances led to modern warfare. According to Conway W. Henderson, "One source claims that 14,500 wars have taken place between 3500 BC and the late 20th century, costing 3.5 billion lives, leaving only 300 years of peace
You can't tell me women would be ANYWHERE close to that bad. Considering how men have oppressed and beat/raped women wherever they have been found since the dawn of humans we, as women have every RIGHT to be bitter and jaded, and even today women are beaten/raped at unprecedented levels.

So, sorry if I sound jaded and bitter, but I sure have not enjoyed having to live most of my life being constantly sexually harassed at work or wherever I go not to mention the constant discrimination women still, and likely will always face. And men promote this type of behavior to other men as well. Heck, a man here could flat out state he has raped several women and I have little doubt most men here would wish to give him a high five! Or say it's not rape somehow.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
So long as it would mean we wouldn't be dealing with their immature childish BS today what's the problem?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Are you a woman? If so, I don't see how you can't agree unless you enjoy being sexually harassed. And thee "crap men" FAR outweigh the crap women. Men cause 90% of murders, around 99% of rapes and are constantly so obsessed with being "macho" and "masculine" that they love to cause death and destruction wherever they go. Just look at this: War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can't tell me women would be ANYWHERE close to that bad. Considering how men have oppressed and beat/raped women wherever they have been found since the dawn of humans we, as women have every RIGHT to be bitter and jaded, and even today women are beaten/raped at unprecedented levels.

So, sorry if I sound jaded and bitter, but I sure have not enjoyed having to live most of my life being constantly sexually harassed at work or wherever I go not to mention the constant discrimination women still, and likely will always face. And men promote this type of behavior to other men as well. Heck, a man here could flat out state he has raped several women and I have little doubt most men here would wish to give him a high five! Or say it's not rape somehow.
Yeah, I'm a chick. And an older chick at that. Do you know what that means? It means from about the age of 35 until now I have dealt with BS from guys, all types all ages. I have pretty much had it up to here with men in my "age group". I'd love nothing better than to clock them back into their childhood to have their mothers or whoever reteach these dicks. Seriously, I've had it. Dicks, all of them. But I have a handle on crap & even though I want to throw the towel in, I won't. Because I refuse to become that bitter jaded beeyotch who wants to castrate all of them. I know awesome dudes, they're out there. I unfortunately have not found one. But, I hold out hope.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a chick. And an older chick at that. Do you know what that means? It means from about the age of 35 until now I have dealt with BS from guys, all types all ages. I have pretty much had it up to here with men in my "age group". I'd love nothing better than to clock them back into their childhood to have their mothers or whoever reteach these dicks. Seriously, I've had it. Dicks, all of them. But I have a handle on crap & even though I want to throw the towel in, I won't. Because I refuse to become that bitter jaded beeyotch who wants to castrate all of them. I know awesome dudes, they're out there. I unfortunately have not found one. But, I hold out hope.
Hey, I am an older woman as well; in my 40s to be exact. I have also seen and dealt with it all. There may indeed be some "good men" but I am tired of dealing with it all and men constantly covering for other men. I know I wouldn't feel the least bit sad if there was a virus specifically targeting the male gender, at least this world would certainly be a hell of a lot more peaceful and less violence and overall conflict; at least of the violent type. At least I could walk down the street at night without worrying if some guy is going to beat/rape/sexually harass me!

And the very very very few legitimate "awesome dudes" that wouldn't beat/rape/sexually harass women aren't worth all the constant pain and suffering the vast majority of men put women through. You have ANY idea how many men, even in America, not Saudi Arabia, that if they could press a button to make any woman their sex slave would be willing to do so? The numbers would be APPALLING! And please guys, don't deny it, most of you here would happily press it!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Hey, I am an older woman as well; in my 40s to be exact. I have also seen and dealt with it all. There may indeed be some "good men" but I am tired of dealing with it all and men constantly covering for other men. I know I wouldn't feel the least bit sad if there was a virus specifically targeting the male gender, at least this world would certainly be a hell of a lot more peaceful and less violence and overall conflict; at least of the violent type. At least I could walk down the street at night without worrying if some guy is going to beat/rape/sexually harass me!
Hey, I get the frustration. But, I don't wish a virus. Who would I have sex with then?? Sorry, I like my man sex.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Hey, I get the frustration. But, I don't wish a virus. Who would I have sex with then?? Sorry, I like my man sex.
I'll take safety/security over sex any day!

Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,180,885 times
I remember seeing this story and another one in Queens I think where a woman's throat was slit for rejecting a man's advances.

I just can't imagine why a man would think this type of behavior is okay, and I can't imagine a situation where this approach has been successful for them.

Oh, cuss her out - yeah, that'll turn her on and she'll hand over the digits, pronto. All you're doing is justifying why she turned you down to begin with, if she is indeed single. So pathetic.

Amazing how the ego and pride of some men can be, especially when there's alcohol involved.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
I'm going to respond to a DM I received based on a comment in this thread

Indeed, I have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace. Several times in fact. The first time, I was seventeen. I just walked off the job. Stupid me for not pursuing a case , but I hated the place anyway.

Second time, I was about 20. I was doing my work and one of my supervisors grabbed me, turned me around, and laid a kiss on me. I laughed in his face and asked " mike? Was that supposed to turn me on?" He left me alone after that. It got a little worse years later, until I discovered that a good left hook to the nuts and a threat to call the wife turned that **** around pretty quick .

I've also fended off forcible rape a couple of times in my 45 years, and done physical battle when it was called for,

Do I hate men? Hell no! These maggots were disgusting people. My Dad, my sons , my best friends, even my ex husbands are good people.

And this, my dm sender, is why I can " stick up for men"

Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events