Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:36 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times

Advertisements

sounds like that guy in the Poconos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 PM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Monkey View Post
Your previous posts expressed great frustration with exactly what kinds of attacks are labeled "terrorist" attacks. I was trying to point out that certain people ignore or downplay other kinds of terrorist attacks, like the shooting at the Sikh Temple, simply because the terrorist was not a Muslim extremist. It's a double standard.

Since the incident happened in Quebec and you know that Canada is not the U.S. why did you start listing American politicians to blame? In fact, you only pointed to Americans. Canada is our close ally but also a sovereign nation. Why not also hold Canadian agencies (CSIS) and political figures to account?
Assuming you are not being obtuse, I will answer.
First I point out how our current president and administration poorly handle the overall global war on terror. I further point out how we cannot even label actual terrorist actions for what they are because of liberalism and PC. So I hope our brothers to the north are not inflicted or influenced by their big brother to the south.

As to the Sikh temple massacre, I do not discount it was a terrorist type attack, however it seems more likely that it could be better described as a hateful crime by a lone wolf. The loon does not represent nor subscribe to an ideology that calls for a jihad for instance. At least so far as I can tell.
Still I would not quibble with you if you wished to call it terrorism.
Also the fact is that most incidents that involve what most people would call terrorism is carried out by young Muslim males. Virtually every single terrorist attack against western cultures/nations has been by Muslim males.

I did not list American politicians to blame for this incident, so lets get that straight right off the bat. The person to blame is the nut case who carried out the act. Secondarily he was probably motivated by his Muslim conversion and belief he was called to do so.
I was merely pointing out how Obama & Co take a passive/PC approach to terrorism starting with all the name games they play, trying to avoid calling a spade a spade. My hope is that the Canadian government and it's agencies are not plagued with the same liberal PC psychosis.

Lastly, I am not educated enough on current Canadian politics/agencies to offer a valid point of view regarding whether they should be held to account for this apparent case of home grown terrorism. If they start saying this guy committed a "man made disaster" or their "overseas contingency plan" needs to find a way to stop radicalization within their borders, then we will know the infection has spread.

`

Old 10-21-2014, 03:07 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Read about Craig Murray, Islam Karimov, and how the U.S. PAID his regime to BOIL PEOPLE ALIVE. This has been independently confirmed.
Can you provide a link to a rational website, that would "independently confirm" this?
Not RT, or some lunatic fringe website, which also "confirms" that 9/11 was an inside job, Obama is a Muslim, etc.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am well aware of where it happened.

As an American citizen I have no standing to contact a representative in Canada.

My post was not meant nor purported to be a complete accounting, yet I wonder why you would link that particular incident which has nothing to do with Islamic terrorists

Our Canadian boys to the north will face the same type of anti-western hatred that we do, and we should stand shoulder to shoulder to combat it.
Therefore I am really not sure what your reply to me is trying to get at.
Of course...a Fox radicalized American would not "get it".

Old 10-21-2014, 04:12 PM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
Of course...a Fox radicalized American would not "get it".
Well "FlowerPower", even with your quote, I am not sure what you mean about me not getting it

But lets start with the basics. Fox news has only been around a short while in my life, and I was brought up watching the major news networks, that being CBS, NBC, & ABC.

So even though I do watch FOX, I also watch CNN, PBS, the BBC World report, Prime Minsters Questions, etc., and read many papers both domestic and international such as the Guardian. Some of those sources are considered left to far left leaning.

Can you say you are as well informed from various news sources other than those that you probably watch such as MSNBC?

BTW _ I even watch MSNBC at times just to see how far beyond the pale they are. Then again I use to listen to Air America also when it was still on the radio. If anything I should be a radicalized liberal based on my viewing history, don't you think?

Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 PM

610 posts, read 698,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Can you provide a link to a rational website, that would "independently confirm" this?
Not RT, or some lunatic fringe website, which also "confirms" that 9/11 was an inside job, Obama is a Muslim, etc.
This is Bob Parry's site, the investigative journalist that broke Iran-Contra, in 2001:

The Consortium

This is HRW confirming that bodies showed indication of boiling:

Uzbekistan: Two Brutal Deaths in Custody | Human Rights Watch

Here's a UK Indy piece by Murray himself linking the two:

Craig Murray: The reality of Britain's reliance on torture - Commentators - Voices - The Independent

And here's a guardian piece:

US looks away as new ally tortures Islamists | World news | The Guardian

There's plenty more.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:16 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7
I'm not sure what's more maddening, the fact that terrorists live in a free world and then choose to try and destroy a part of it, or the fact that terrorists read a book and decide to kill people?

I wish the soldier the best of luck in recovery. Justice was served in the end.
Very sad indeed......

Old 10-21-2014, 06:22 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
The soldier, 58, has died from his wounds. May he rest in peace.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:48 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
The suspect looks like a white man.

It's terrible that the soldier lost his life. My condolences to his family.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
That he was known to CSIS for his radicalized opinions posted online. And I believe that he had his passport taken from him because he tried to go to Turkey and may have been arrested once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Now for the facts, as we know them today, at 10am.
So, what do we know ? He was a citizen of Canada, had converted to Islam, and had been in the Canadian Forces office, earlier in the day, ranting about Canada's policies re Islam. He came back and ran over two CF members, in the parking lot, with his car. He was later killed by Police, when he attacked them with a knife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events