Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this considered harassment?
Yes 102 44.93%
No 74 32.60%
50/50 51 22.47%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 12:39 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Exactly. It's not real rape. You're blaming the victim(the man). I'm NOT talking about someone passed out here. I'm talking about someone who's a willing participant whose drunk. A woman is responsible for her actions when she is drunk. If she decides to drive and kills someone she deals with the consequences. If she decides to sleep with half the football team while wasted then that is on her! No one else. Don't drink to excess. That's the lesson to be learned. Not charging an innocent man with rape.
True. Women need to take responsibility for their alcohol consumption. But a dude who takes advantage of a women in a drunk state is knowingly going for easy pickings. He's just as responsible. If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime. Be smart, avoid potentially troublesome situations. Times have changed since the 50's. It's no longer cool to feed a woman alcohol just so you can use her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,396,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protege View Post
It takes two people for a man to come across smoothly, especially when he's being direct and straightforward.

If she's interested, the approach tends to come off as bold and smooth.
If she's not interested, it tends to come off as a weird catcall.

There's a small minority of women who feel it's never acceptable for men to approach women. I don't care what those women think.
Exactly. Yes..they're called lesbian feminists.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:42 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
So we're still on this....

I saw this woman and her "groundbreaking" video, again, on CNN. She also apparently took a burn when certain men had the unmitigated gall to [gasp!] "make direct eye contact."

Who the opposite of heaven does this surly-looking dame think she is, Madonna?
The video you saw on CNN was a tiny excerpt of 10 HOURS of tape that were recorded where at least 100 catcalls were collected, not "eye contact."

Old 11-04-2014, 12:43 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
Quote:
Feminists hate men. Especially heterosexual men. That's reality.
Yeah, I guess that's why so many of us feminists marry men and have sons we love and cherish.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
True. Women need to take responsibility for their alcohol consumption. But a dude who takes advantage of a women in a drunk state is knowingly going for easy pickings. He's just as responsible. If you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime. Be smart, avoid potentially troublesome situations. Times have changed since the 50's. It's no longer cool to feed a woman alcohol just so you can use her.
Or maybe she is "using" him. What's with this ridiculous double standard? What if the man is more drunk than the woman and he's in a relationship and alchol gets the better of him. Should SHE be charged with rape?

IS HAVING SEX WITH A DRUNK WOMAN RAPE? Should men have Alcohol breath tests they give a woman before inserting their sexual organ? What about a signed contract with a notarized copy from her shrink?

We're obsessed with protecting "young girls" and we keep raising the age of what we consider to be an adult. I wonder when the legal age of consent goes to 21 next and 3/4 of college girls are now children and it's "rape" even if they do consent? I'm really sick and tired of seeing men portrayed as predators of women. It's really sick.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Yeah, I guess that's why so many of us feminists marry men and have sons we love and cherish.
You got them whipped and under your control just like the sexist men from the 50s had wives they controlled. Plenty of misogynists have wives

Old 11-04-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
So we're still on this....

I saw this woman and her "groundbreaking" video, again, on CNN. She also apparently took a burn when certain men had the unmitigated gall to [gasp!] "make direct eye contact."

Who the opposite of heaven does this surly-looking dame think she is, Madonna?
Why's she "surly-looking"? Another poster said she looked "sexually open". I think she looked like an average woman walking purposefully, like she had to be somewhere by a certain time. She wasn't strolling to enjoy a walk, she was on her way somewhere, it looked like. And her complaint wasn't about "eye contact". There was no eye contact. She kept her eyes looking straight forward, avoiding contact.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:48 PM

Let me put it this way. Two men are so drunk they have sex with each other. Is it rape? Whose the rapist? Is the guy whose the "top" the rapist? What if they took turns?

Now compare that to a straight man being brutally anally raped in a prison cell. REAL RAPE.

Get it now?

You know what you're doing when you're drunk. Women should be ashamed of themselves to call this stuff rape. Go to the congo where REAL rape is going on or to a REAL victim of a stranger rapist here in the U.S. that was brutalized.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Or maybe she is "using" him. What's with this ridiculous double standard? What if the man is more drunk than the woman and he's in a relationship and alchol gets the better of him. Should SHE be charged with rape?

IS HAVING SEX WITH A DRUNK WOMAN RAPE? Should men have Alcohol breath tests they give a woman before inserting their sexual organ? What about a signed contract with a notarized copy from her shrink?

We're obsessed with protecting "young girls" and we keep raising the age of what we consider to be an adult. I wonder when the legal age of consent goes to 21 next and 3/4 of college girls are now children and it's "rape" even if they do consent? I'm really sick and tired of seeing men portrayed as predators of women. It's really sick.
Chill. It's just about common sense. It's about minimizing potential hassles in life.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Let me put it this way. Two men are so drunk they have sex with each other. Is it rape? Whose the rapist? Is the guy whose the "top" the rapist? What if they took turns?
That's a good question. The author Sherman Alexie wrote a story about exactly that scenario. Whether or not it was rape remained unanswered, but the dude who had it unexpectedly forced on him wasn't happy the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events