Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 04:06 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times

Advertisements

Can those that wish to, please bow our heads and say a prayer for her quick and safe return....

Dear heavenly Father,
We pray to you today for Carlesha Freeland-Gaither and ask that you please return her safely to her home and family.
Please have those who are holding her release her unharmed, and have them turn themselves into the police.

We ask this in your precious Son's name,
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 04:07 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would have attempted to pull out the Handgun I carry and stop the bad guy.
Too bad someone wasn't carrying and could help her.
It always takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun....

Old 11-04-2014, 05:25 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
WATCH: Harrowing Video Shows Carlesha Freeland-Gaither Being Abducted in Philadelphia - ABC News

This is so incredibly scary! I really wish this would get more publicity. I hope and pray she's alive and somehow escapes.

It just doesn't look good.
What a horror to watch that video. I hope this poor girl is found safe. It looks like this evil person was driving around looking for an opportunity to snatch a woman. A pic is shown of the perp using the woman's atm card. I hope they catch that bastard and lock him up forever.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:36 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Ok wtf??? Why didn't that person in that Honda call the cops?? Why did they just back off?? F-ing vagina (sorry mods) I don't understand why people don't get involved??? I mean what if that was their daughter???? You can see the car shaking in the video as it looks like a struggle is happening. I would have called the cops and followed that car giving all info to the police.

This video is disgusting. That person in the Honda should be charged with accessory to kidnapping!!!!

Old 11-04-2014, 05:43 PM

102 posts, read 152,367 times
Now they're saying they think she knew him. The vid shows her dropping her cell phone right before she ends up in the car and since then the guy used her debit card in MD about 100 miles away.

Too bad she dropped the phone she might've been able to use it to text for help. Pi55es me off watching that happen

Last edited by L3XX; 11-04-2014 at 06:05 PM..

Old 11-04-2014, 05:46 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
I am so sick of criminals I'm ready for a two day trial and hanging of these scum. You work hard and try to live your life and have to encounter human filth like the "man" in that video. There is no torture that could be painful enough to administer to that monster.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Sadly many people have lost the will to help others nowadays. Getting hurt for stepping in the middle of a "family" dispute, getting sued for just trying to help all the way to losing your life for doing what would (in the old days) be considered doing the right thing.

People have been bombarded day in and day out with the message "you are the only thing that matters" as long as you are ok then all is good, let others worry about themselves.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:20 PM

240 posts, read 423,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok wtf??? Why didn't that person in that Honda call the cops?? Why did they just back off?? F-ing vagina (sorry mods) I don't understand why people don't get involved??? I mean what if that was their daughter???? You can see the car shaking in the video as it looks like a struggle is happening. I would have called the cops and followed that car giving all info to the police.

This video is disgusting. That person in the Honda should be charged with accessory to kidnapping!!!!
The person in the car backing up said when he saw the window shatter he thought it was a gunshot so he backed up to get away from the area. He still could have called the police though! Take the license plate number down or something. I wonder what he must be thinking now that he knows what was actually going on. The residents on that street said they heard someone screaming. No one looked out the window or called 911?? Do something! I can't stand it when people don't get involved. If I heard someone screaming, the first thing I would do is run to my window and look out to see what was going on. Even if I didn't see anything, I would still call 911. I live about 25 minutes from Philadelphia. This has been all over the news. This is just awful to watch. I pray she is found safe and that guy is brought to justice.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:30 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali2jersey View Post
The person in the car backing up said when he saw the window shatter he thought it was a gunshot so he backed up to get away from the area. He still could have called the police though! Take the license plate number down or something. I wonder what he must be thinking now that he knows what was actually going on. The residents on that street said they heard someone screaming. No one looked out the window or called 911?? Do something! I can't stand it when people don't get involved. If I heard someone screaming, the first thing I would do is run to my window and look out to see what was going on. Even if I didn't see anything, I would still call 911. I live about 25 minutes from Philadelphia. This has been all over the news. This is just awful to watch. I pray she is found safe and that guy is brought to justice.

I totally agree. If I heard screaming I'd be like wth and check it out. People's spidey senses should have been going off that something wasn't right. I just don't get it

Old 11-04-2014, 06:34 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
Ya I watched that video today. That person in the car could have at the very least followed them, got the plate number and called the cops. You recall that incident in Dallas where the teens in the car noticed the woman that had been abducted motioning she needed help while at a stop light? Those kids saved that woman's life. How someone could just back up and do nothing. I wonder how they sleep nights. It could be someone she knew through business, a delivery guy or whatever. Scary it sure is, I hope she is found safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events