Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 04:23 PM

421 posts, read 410,749 times

Advertisements

Oh My! I hope this guy is over 15.

10 Hours of Walking in Hollywood as a Man - YouTube

Last edited by portlandphi; 11-07-2014 at 04:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 04:58 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
Oh My! I hope this guy is over 15.

10 Hours of Walking in Hollywood as a Man - YouTube
The guy is only wearing underwear so obviously he is going to attract a lot more attention then someone wearing regular clothes.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 11-07-2014 at 06:01 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 05:10 PM

421 posts, read 410,749 times
He sure is!!!

Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The guy is only wearing underwear so obviously he is going to attract a lot more attention then someone wearing regular clothes.
Oh, regular clothes? You mean like....jeans and a plain black t-shirt?

Old 11-08-2014, 12:52 AM

3,279 posts, read 5,316,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
Are you assuming that women who get vulgar catcalls are dressed a certain way or saying that only women who are dressed that way should expect those sorts of catcalls?
I would say more the latter. The point is simple--if you don't want a man staring at your goodies, then stop flashing them to the world. That's what I'm saying. I'm also saying a simple "wow" is hardly anything to lose your brains over, regardless of your style of dress.

The woman in the video who was not dressed in revealing outfits--that is certainly noteworthy, yet at the same time, "hello" and such is hardly anything worth getting so upset about. It's oversensitivity personified.

Last edited by shyguylh; 11-08-2014 at 02:18 AM..

Old 11-08-2014, 01:08 AM

268 posts, read 344,623 times
yep this chick was tripping big time i saw a arrogant chick tripping

Old 11-08-2014, 09:59 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Seeing as guys are the gender sending people unsolicited genital photos and posing and posting top less selfies, I'm not really seeing the significance of the video.
What? Wait - men do that too? I thought it was just women.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:21 AM

779 posts, read 632,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I would say more the latter. The point is simple--if you don't want a man staring at your goodies, then stop flashing them to the world. That's what I'm saying. I'm also saying a simple "wow" is hardly anything to lose your brains over, regardless of your style of dress.

The woman in the video who was not dressed in revealing outfits--that is certainly noteworthy, yet at the same time, "hello" and such is hardly anything worth getting so upset about. It's oversensitivity personified.

Oh ok so you're still ignoring that most women aren't showing off their goodies in some apart sexual way or that most people aren't mad at small side comments

Old 11-08-2014, 10:29 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
About the shorts thing...im not saying 5" is too much or too little BUT I don't think women really understand how what they wear affects a man. For example, you may wear those shorts for idk comfort or whatever....but honestly a guy will notice how short they are right away (just how we're wired). He'll also notice your legs, thighs etc.....especially if you have nice "shapely" legs(men are very visual). Now that doesn't give him the right to approach or catcall you BUT, wether you like it or not, you are increasing your chances for that to happen....because lets face it...not every guy has self control and there will always be dirtbags.
I think this is true to some extent. A BF of mine used to say that when someone at his office would wear a top that was low-cut or too tight, or something. But 5" above the knee isn't short, for shorts. 1' above the knee is short. And in Europe the last few years, women have been wearing "shorts" that look like underwear, they're so short.

To address an earlier point of yours, it's not about being "annoyed". It's about fear. The unpredictability of people's behavior instills fear. And with good reason; two of the guys in the film followed that woman. A couple of our posters here said they'd been followed and yelled at in a threatening manner by the person following. People who say women are flattered by menacing behavior have no idea how conscious women are at all times of their vulnerability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events