Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fighting was uncalled for
Yep 49 94.23%
No, she had it coming 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:04 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times

Advertisements

We only have one side of the story about what happened in the store - hard telling how loud the child was, what exactly the mom was doing, and what exactly the other woman said. However, there's really no such thing as "fighting words" in the legal sense - you can't put your hands on someone like that without it being assault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 06:05 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
I wouldn't have hit the woman but I prolly would have told her to mind her damn business and s t f u. I'm sure the mother was trying to calm the child. Here you are frustated and you have some butt munch telling you to calm your child. Please!

Old 11-06-2014, 06:10 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I said the lady should be arrested on assault charges. That still doesn't magically fix the other lady's teeth.

I'm 6'3" 250lbs and I don't tell people to "Go to hell" in public. I just assume everybody has a gun. If I talk that way to someone, I fully expect to get in a fight. That's why if I were a small woman I definitely would just tolerate a crying kid in a line for a few moments and would not get in an altercation with the kids mother.
Her mouth wrote a check her butt couldn't cash. For me, I just block it out of my mind and keep it moving, I don't want to activate someone's crazy button.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:16 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,827,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Of course she should not assaulted by that woman. (I couldn't tell the race)
Which makes a difference - why?

Old 11-06-2014, 07:24 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Some people have a low tolerance. No matter how nicely you say it, when you walk into someone else's world and tell them how to run their lives, you have voluntarily entered their world so prepare for whatever they have for you.
Except the mother forced her way into many people's lives by allowing her child to get out of control in a public place. If she can't handle the critique maybe she should stay at home.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:12 PM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I wouldn't have hit the woman but I prolly would have told her to mind her damn business and s t f u. I'm sure the mother was trying to calm the child. Here you are frustated and you have some butt munch telling you to calm your child. Please!
In my experience through life I say you are wrong. Many flat out don't give a damn how disruptive their little brat is and have this "oh, he/she is just a child" type attitude.
If the child can't behave then it shouldn't be taken out in a public place.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:46 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times
Whatever coward put this comment as an anonymous rep:

Quote:
No suprise you live in white trash ville so your attitude fits
Has the same mentality of the woman that got knocked on her ass. You can talk big anonymously or when you think there wont be any repercussions like she did when she was in the store but when it came down to it she did indeed buy too many "woof tickets" that she couldn't back up.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 PM

722 posts, read 1,327,943 times
looks like school yard bully behavior in a grown person's body

I think the woman that got assaulted should have minded her own business, by telling the lady to quiet the child is like telling her to shut up and by telling her to Go To Hell twice is another insult

people like that never back down and some day when they run into the wrong person this is what could happen

in my personal experience, I found that you cant tell people what to do, they almost always ignore you or do the opposite of what you tell them, most people dont like being told what to do by a stranger.

people walk on my lawn all the time, the more I tell them to stay off my property the more they keep returning, it doesnt work to argue with strangers, better to keep your mouth shut unless you want to risk retalliation.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Which makes a difference - why?
Honestly, in my experience, black women are the most aggressive angry, physically violent people I have ever been around. I have had 3 of them physically threaten me over nonsense. I, 1) honked at one lady to pull ahead in the drive-through - she got OUT OF HER CAR and practically came through my car window, 2) got into a parking space that a lady clearly wanted (yes, I was there first....she tried to push her way in when the guy pulled out) - she cussed me out and threatened to BITE me , and 3) I admonished a lady for allowing a friend to join her in the checkout line ahead of several others (friend had a whole crap-ton of items). All of these women were black - and they ALL went freaking off the road. I have never had these experiences with women of other races.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
She should have minded her own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events