Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,683,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
And he was correct, as the evidence shows, but the people bent down to the mobs, and spelled the whole thing out, but the ignorant, and racist just don't want to hear it.
He's right, but not for the reasons you stated. If the prosecutor had *ever* taken a stance against police brutality and lawlessness in the past, he might have had enough credibility to legitimately pass this justified shooting up. As it is, it was just a carefully-rigged formality & the public saw that & reacted appropriately.

When 96% of the cases presented to grand juries result in charges, and the only people ever "cleared" by them are cops, then we kinda "get" whats happening. You can only hide behind a "lawful process" when you follow the same process for everyone. And FWIW, I think grand juries (as they are currently administered) are an abomination to the legal process. Like search warrants that *never* get denied, it's no longer a "check and balance" if one side always gets their way.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:03 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Default Charles Barkley supports Ferguson decision

Barkley just came out with strong statements supporting the Ferguson decision.

While some may say who cares, I admire him as a public figure not afraid to speak against the grain. Lots of other celebs are doing things like not releasing their designer shoes in protest of the Ferguson decision (Solange Knowles).

Good for you Charles.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:29 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,807 times
What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? | PBS NewsHour

Only 2 of 29 witnesses stated that Michael Brown did not put his hands up while being fired upon.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
I agree with Giuliani. The only reason this went to a grand jury was to appease the mobs. I'm actually very surprised they didn't move to indict to make Wilson a sacrificial lamb of sorts to the mobs. In the end justice was served.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:54 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? | PBS NewsHour

Only 2 of 29 witnesses stated that Michael Brown did not put his hands up while being fired upon.

LOL

And you are implying 27 did....I suggest you read the grand jury decision.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:58 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
LOL

And you are implying 27 did....I suggest you read the grand jury decision.
No, I am not. If you read the chart, which I linked to, you will see that 16 did. The remaining 11 gave no testimony on that point. I would bet that I'm an awful lot more familiar with this case, and with the criminal legal process, than you are.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:00 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
He's right, but not for the reasons you stated. If the prosecutor had *ever* taken a stance against police brutality and lawlessness in the past, he might have had enough credibility to legitimately pass this justified shooting up. As it is, it was just a carefully-rigged formality & the public saw that & reacted appropriately.

When 96% of the cases presented to grand juries result in charges, and the only people ever "cleared" by them are cops, then we kinda "get" whats happening. You can only hide behind a "lawful process" when you follow the same process for everyone. And FWIW, I think grand juries (as they are currently administered) are an abomination to the legal process. Like search warrants that *never* get denied, it's no longer a "check and balance" if one side always gets their way.
No I'll never "get" why we glorify these rioting, looting criminals as "protesters" as if their cause is noble. Never forget that what they're "protesting" is the death of a man who on the day of his death had A)robbed a store and physically assaulted the owner and B)physically assaulted a police officer and then attempted take said police officer's gun from him. Everyone one in America pretty much knows that if you attempt to take a cop's gun from him it will probably be one of the last things you do before your funeral. Yet because we have some hood eyewitnesses and Brown's partner in crime, literally his accomplice from the store robbery spinning fairy tales and Al Sharpton exploiting another community this is a "tragedy?"

The real victim here is Darren Wilson who will never get a chance to live a normal life ever again thanks to irresponsible media coverage and race hustling ***holes like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Michael Brown's "parents" (if you could call them that) are real pieces of work inciting riots as well.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:05 PM

6,545 posts, read 7,127,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
No I'll never "get" why we glorify these rioting, looting criminals as "protesters" as if their cause is noble. Never forget that what they're "protesting" is the death of a man who on the day of his death had A)robbed a store and physically assaulted the owner and B)physically assaulted a police officer and then attempted take said police officer's gun from him. Everyone one in America pretty much knows that if you attempt to take a cop's gun from him it will probably be one of the last things you do before your funeral. Yet because we have some hood eyewitnesses and Brown's partner in crime, literally his accomplice from the store robbery spinning fairy tales and Al Sharpton exploiting another community this is a "tragedy?"

The real victim here is Darren Wilson who will never get a chance to live a normal life ever again thanks to irresponsible media coverage and race hustling ***holes like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Michael Brown's "parents" (if you could call them that) are real pieces of work inciting riots as well.
+1,000 repped you for it!

Police investigating assault and theft following argument between Brown family relatives | FOX2now.com

Old 12-01-2014, 03:08 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,990,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post

Just FYI..

"McCulloch highlighted the variations in witness accounts
during the grand jury press conference. “In subsequent interviews with law enforcement, or their testimony before the grand jury, many of the same witnesses acknowledged that they didn’t actually see the shooting,” McCulloch said. “Some were running for cover. Some were relating what they heard from others or as I said, what they assumed happened.” But many witnesses held steadfast to their interviews. “Several other witnesses maintained their original statement that Mr. Brown had his hands int he air and was not moving toward the officer when he was shot,” McCulloch said.

Reading the witness interviews provides a revealing window into the grand jury’s investigation. What could a witness see while positioned a “few blocks” away from the incident, as in the case of Witness 30?"

Old 12-01-2014, 03:15 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,982 times
Hands outstreached running toward the cop, is not quite the same as surrendering with hands up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events