Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 09:47 PM

186 posts, read 239,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Take it to Stormfront weirdo. I've been at a funeral for a black man who saved several lives in Iraq . Tell me how many lives you've saved and how many times you've taken fire for your country. Assbite.
I went downrange before you were born and I still have a piece of shrapnel in my leg ("acquired" on foreign soil) from the 1980's. I've saved a few lives in my time, too.

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss.

There's a huge difference between individuals and much larger masses.

That's why my post referenced collective achievement, and not individual contributions.

I, too, have known some individual blacks, whom I've liked and respected immensely. That comes with my ability to use my mental zoom lens to focus on a specific individual. It's when I zoom out that I see the majority of blacks aren't anything like the individuals whom have earned my respect and praise. To the contrary, the wider the field of view grows, the worse the picture gets.

Feel free to tell me about your personal military service and combat experience. And, feel free to tell me your thoughts about the HUGE disparity of crime - and, especially, homicide - rates in predominately black cities, as opposed to predominately White cities.

I'll spare you the infantile name-calling, which is about as mature as destroying businesses and the private property of those who in no way contributed to a situation one disapproves of. Hmmm, why does that sound so familiar? Who would do such an incredibly stupid thing?

Last edited by pnw2016; 11-26-2014 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 09:49 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
One thing that can't be denied is that blacks, as a whole, have not progressed as far as other nationalities, many of whom started out with more against them than the blacks had. For example, most of our forefathers came to this country with nothing and could not even speak the language, yet they kept their noses to the grindstone, obeyed our laws, and learned to speak English. My own Grandfather came over from the Old Country with no money, no job, and no family here. But he worked hard, caused no trouble, and ended up with a good life.

I know of many Italians, Jews, Germans, etc who started out with NO help from anyone and they went on to become productive, successful citizens. One Italian man I knew started out selling draperies on his back door to door, and he ended up with his own drapery company and fabric manufacturing facility. People like him didn't wait for the Government to help them out, and they didn't resort to crime because "that was the only way they could survive."

Blacks have the opportunity to get a good education, learn skills, and generally blend into America. But a lot of them choose to look for shortcuts and to rely on Government aid to survive, and then they complain that everything is against them. That isn't racist, just factual.

Don

Old 11-26-2014, 10:08 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,978,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Tonight at dinner my Son and I were talking about the behavior of those low class idiots in Fergusen, and he brought up an interesting point. All it takes to not have a confrontation with the police is to simply act like a decent human being in the event they pull you over. Where people get into trouble is they get all huffy and start getting in the cops face, and that is when it goes downhill.........
That's nice.......unfortunately, in my time of being a cop, I had enough people to sway my opinion the other way.

Mostly what I was doing was enforcing regulations, performing stop loss inspections. But it comes down to that regardless of the person, the sex, the age, they don't like to be inconvenienced.

And then it gets worse if you have the gall to suggest that they have done something wrong.

Now, perhaps from my standpoint, it was a military issue, that I was just a Lieutenant (jg) and here I am telling Lt .Commanders and Generals what they will do. Or that they are the wife of one and I am telling them that they can't have the DOD sticker on a plate on the dashboard and I'm confiscating it.

But I believe it is more a population type thing.

Basically, IMHO, Americans are spoiled and they just don't like someone telling them what to do.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:08 PM

186 posts, read 239,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Troll if I ever seen one.
No, just a man with a completely different opinion (borne out of extensive study and research).

Do we agree to disagree?

Or, if you prefer the Jack Nicholson response: You can't handle the truth!

Old 11-26-2014, 10:11 PM

247 posts, read 254,140 times
Reading threads like this really makes me wonder what the white people I work with really think about me,it's sad that people in this day and age are so racist

Old 11-26-2014, 10:15 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
Reading threads like this really makes me wonder what the white people I work with really think about me,it's sad that people in this day and age are so racist
Can you point out those posts that are racist? I have not read the entire thread, but I would be curious to see what you consider to be a racist post.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:28 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,766,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I doubt their insurance policies cover riots. They may be out of luck.
That's true. I'm not sure how that works.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:39 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
How about we all get together and break down the front door of the OP's house and clean out all their stuff. Maybe then the OP will understand why people don't like looting.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:41 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,204,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
What you say is interesting, but you are oversimplifying the issue. You cannot deny the fact that there are way too many shootings in this country compared to other Western countries and that it's often (always?) on people of color, when it's a police man against a civilian. It cannot just be coincidence.
According to US DOJ, 93% of Black victims are intraracial, i.e. murdered by other Blacks. For Whites the number is 84%.

According to US DOJ (while 14% of overall population), Blacks accounted for 53% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45%, (while they are about 74% of the population.)

1- Mother Jones says that Blacks have 4-times the number of Arrest-Related Homicides than Whites. Here

Mother Jones does not tell you is that Homicide rate for blacks is 8 times higher than Whites. Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, it seems that Whites have a much higher proportion than Blacks for Arrest-Related Homicides.

2- If you read (and believed) Mother Jones article you will see the Rate of Death by Legal Intervention Involving Guns has dropped 400% times for Blacks since 1970. That's a dramatic drop, and great development, is it not?

3- Every-year there are 700 homicides of Black-male teenagers. Al Sharpton does not make a peep about these other 699 deaths. Were these lives less important than Michael Brown?

Products - Data Briefs - Number 37 - May 2010

Old 11-26-2014, 10:43 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,569,502 times
Shoot. I don't even have a pension. I have a 401k. And nearly every year since I started investing in retirement in 1989 it has gone up.

The burden of proof is on those who claim "wall street" steals their retirement plans. First, "Wall street" is a street. A street does not steal. Second, when you invest in an index fund, you invest in pretty much the same stuff that most of the rich people invest in anyway. So you sink or swim with the power brokers.

Let's talk about cops instead - asset forfeiture. Those are the ones who steal your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events