Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 10:16 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times

Advertisements

That he is being called uncle Tom for speaking his opinion seems typical.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Do all officer involved shooting deaths go to the Grand Jury in that county? For years, here in Vegas, we had what was called a coroners inquest. It was thrown out because it was essentially a rubber stamp process, but every OIS involving a death had to at least be put through the motions.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:39 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Don't want to argue with you; but REALLY? Oh, so Wilson had the RIGHT to shoot, to kill Michael Brown, because of your vision of what a stereotype is? Where was Michael Brown's RIGHTS that day?

My concept of a police officer's job is to PROTECT and SERVE, the police have saved my family in what was a horrible situation; and I was married to law enforcement. Scum of society on a daily basis............that's just rude.
No, he had a right to shoot because brown attacked him, my feelings about it did not apply.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:41 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Soul Bro View Post
I'm in my late 20s, born and raised in the DEEP south (Georgia & Alabama), and I've never really experienced any overt racism. Maybe 2 times where I was questionably pulled over when I was around 16-21, but once I just answered all their questions and they ran my license, that was that. And I mean I'm in and out of the MOST RURAL of towns.

If you act like you have some sense, you more than likely won't run into trouble anywhere. Other black people need to stop making excuses for these youngsters who praise the "gangsta rap" culture. Seriously, stop the excuses. I'm not even exactly the type of guy people could look at and say "oh, he's trying to impress white people"

I had dreads most of my life, used to wear baggy clothes when it was popular, used to have the "bling" necklaces and it all. I actually USED to listen to "gangsta rap" because I liked the beats and everybody else around me did. I always knew it was just music though and I didn't actually agree with most of the content and I never went around trying to live out the lyrics, hanging with gang bangers or committing crimes, nor do I sympathize with them.

I dress like a grown man now, listen mostly to conscious/alternative hip hop (non-gangsta for those that dont know), neo-soul, r&b, reggae, etc. and have no problems.....but I'm just saying, even when my outer appearance resembled more "street thug" I still didnt have too many problems, because I ACTED CIVIL. Stop defending these foolish people.
Very good point. That is something that I was hoping would come out of all this. Instead of focusing solely on the officer, I thought it was important to use Michael Brown's actions as a teachable moment. Even when you are encountering a prejudice officer, there are things that you should just not do. Going and attacking an officer has never been smart no matter what your race is. And going into a store and committing a strong arm robbery is a great way to draw unnecessary attention to yourself. I just wonder if people are going to have enough sense to see how these actions impacted the situation. You won't have to deal with the police in that way, if you don't give them a reason to. Sometimes there will be some that mess with you, but this was not one of those cases.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:43 AM

As more evidence comes out.

Mike Brown was a hood rat, a dangerous street punk.

What the protesters don't realize, by making this a black thing,

the subliminal message they are sending is.

All blacks are dangerous street punks, and the police should have a different set of laws for them.

Events like this do more to hurt civil rights than to help them.

Respectable blacks do not want to be associated with this.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:46 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think some of you should read the actual court documents. I've read most of them (not all of the witnesses) and believe Officer Wilson to be lying as well as many other posters (thread in different section).

Is there anyone here who after reading Wilson's testimony believes all of his story?
Absolutely.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM

Default Michael Brown’s step father may be charged

When I saw this on TV I was floored, why aren't they arresting this guy.

Michael Brown’s step father Louis Head could be in serious trouble today after the Missouri Lt. Governor said he should be arrested and charged with inciting a riot.
Lt. Governor Peter Kinder said this after a video of Head screaming “burn this b*tch down” to an angry Ferguson crowd went viral this week.
The clip was played during Kinder’s recent appearance on The Laura Ingraham Show, and the host asked what his reaction was.
“That he should be arrested and charged with inciting to riot,” Kinder responded.
Head’s arrest would come as a major blow to Brown’s family, as he serves as a patriarchal figure to them all.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:55 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Yeah, murder the man's son, get his murderer off and now continue to the decimation of his family.

Of course, this won't create MORE chaos in the city.

Missouri, where the world's smartest people reside.

Only someone born before 1975 would think this is a great idea.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:58 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,671,669 times
I would support Officer Wilson and the P.D. for bringing civil and criminal charges against all those who gave false "witness" testimony to the media, police, and GJ. If people understood there is value in speaking the truth there would have been no need to have GJ or several investigations. In the short term the taxpayers as well as Officer Wilson lost, but in the long term, it would have cost a ton to keep that thug in prison for the rest of his miserable life. We should not be held hostage to people like that.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:00 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
When I saw this on TV I was floored, why aren't they arresting this guy.

Michael Brown’s step father Louis Head could be in serious trouble today after the Missouri Lt. Governor said he should be arrested and charged with inciting a riot.
Lt. Governor Peter Kinder said this after a video of Head screaming “burn this b*tch down” to an angry Ferguson crowd went viral this week.
The clip was played during Kinder’s recent appearance on The Laura Ingraham Show, and the host asked what his reaction was.
“That he should be arrested and charged with inciting to riot,” Kinder responded.
Head’s arrest would come as a major blow to Brown’s family, as he serves as a patriarchal figure to them all.
He is used to prison......he has been there twice.

Let him go again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events