Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:43 PM

254 posts, read 464,342 times

Advertisements

Wait...he let a turkey go on Thanksgiving?!?!?
For shame! I knew he was a communist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 04:01 PM

244 posts, read 247,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't see what's wrong with what she said. The girls aren't dressed appropriately. I'm nota fan of miniskirts on anyone let alone the presidents teenage daughter. They should have been dressed better for the occasion. Yes, they are teenagers, but that doesn't give one a free pass in life.
Now I kind of hope they take Ms. Lauten's stern admonishment to heart and wear burqas for Christmas.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:09 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
Quote:
I don't see what's wrong with what she said. The girls aren't dressed appropriately. I'm nota fan of miniskirts on anyone let alone the presidents teenage daughter. They should have been dressed better for the occasion. Yes, they are teenagers, but that doesn't give one a free pass in life.
The problem is that this woman wrote it so unkindly. But I do agree with you. We (my family) weren't rich by any means but I went to a private day/boarding school. By the time I was 10-12, I knew how to dress for whatever and I had very good manners.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And did you feel the same righteous indignation at the nastiness hurled at Sarah Palin's children?
Yes, I did, and so posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
But the liberals did not care about nasty comments about Palin's young daughter and son; and hatred of Palin or just objective disapproval of her does not justify those comments.

As for the First Daughters, as a private citizen, I have the right to criticize their behavior at a public function with their father, who is the President of my country, though I won't spend much time on it. The worst that one could say is that the Obama girls should have been taught properly how to behave in front of the camera by now, or not appeared at all. They looked bored and disdainful. But it's not that big a deal.

However, if I were an aide to a Congressman of either party, and thus a government employee, I would have kept my mouth shut in this case, or at least kept my criticisms (particularly the remark that the Obama daughters looked like they were going to a bar - no need for that) confined to my family and not made them public. The woman embarrassed the Congressman she was supposed to be assisting, and I don't think, if you're a Congressional aide, you pipe up and publicly criticize a sitting President's policies or his minor children.
Oh? Here's what Obama said when it was revealed that Bristol Palin was pregnant:
Obama says Palin's family off limits - CNN.com
" "Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

Obama said reporters should "back off these kinds of stories" and noted that he was born to an 18-year-old mother."

Quote:
You need to look at her whole post. Since we can't quote more than three sentences here on CD, I'll give you a sampling:

Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department
Congressional Staffer Resigns After Disparaging Comments About Obama Girls - ABC News

The whole thing was set up to attack Obama, not just his policies, but his and Michelle's parenting. What a sleaze!

Old 12-02-2014, 08:39 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Somehow it was okay to bust on the Bush girls and Bristol Palin, but now there is a problem. How about we just agree to ignore the kids?
Incidentally Elizabeth Lauten has resigned/been fired/was pushed under the bus/whatever.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:49 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Somehow it was okay to bust on the Bush girls and Bristol Palin, but now there is a problem.
No one said it was okay.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:27 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
The problem is that this woman wrote it so unkindly. But I do agree with you. We (my family) weren't rich by any means but I went to a private day/boarding school. By the time I was 10-12, I knew how to dress for whatever and I had very good manners.

They were dressed age and occasion appropriately- not too tight, not too short. Beautiful and classy.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
C-D protocol is to attribute sources when quoting. TOS require it, too, I think, could be wrong.
My mistake. Thanks for paying attention to the rules, and reminding me of the rules when you're not sure of the rules.

Give this a good listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJlA-bLv1nU

The 7 Most Despicable Ways Liberals Have Attacked Sarah Palin - John Hawkins - Page full

Wonkette Mocks 'Retarded' Trig Palin on His 3rd Birthday | The Stir

Quote:
You're not seriously saying their behavior and dress don't compare favorably to previous President's minor children?
I seriously meant what I seriously said. Whatever it was.

Quote:
Even the simplest internet search turns up many more previous egregious examples of so-called inappropriate dress and behavior than anything that's happened in this administration, at the turkey pardon or otherwise.
Post them. Where are they? Cite the sources. Don't want to forget that.

Quote:
Personally, I don't think ANY of these current or past kids or their parents did anything wrong.
I'm not sure which is harder - being a teen or being the parent of a teen.
Not sure either that being President is harder or more important than parenting teens. I suspect Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Carter, et al would agree.
It's not about that.

It's about those who supposedly have freedom of speech yet are forced to "retire" or "resign" or get fired for commenting on the Obama "girls" rolling their eyes and dressing like they were heading out to a party at the annual "pardoning" of a turkey. I think the event is stupid too - but teach your kids how to act properly when the WORLD is watching every move they make for the MINUTE they have to be seen. It's not like their parents don't fist bump and their mother doesn't hate the country she lives in, their father isn't a moron who values illegals over citizens- what should anyone expect when it comes to the respect any of them REALLY have for the office?Not much, but pretend to. Just a little...

No matter, b/c it's so much worse to comment on the Obamas in any way (you're a racist if you do) vs. ripping apart a child of a fellow politician because he's a down syndrome baby. No. You don't get to do that.

Had one of the Obama kids been a down syndrome baby while he was running for office and this type of garbage was said about his DS kid and wife? Please.

And let's also get the fact straight that the liberal haters have yet to leave SP alone. Talk about obsessed stalkers.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the attack cost her a job. on the other hand pointing out the shortcomings of family of other presidents has never been sacred.
until now at least. the first family is not "just kids".

Old 12-02-2014, 11:28 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Yeah, that lady is a real peach. Let's see how much longer she has her job.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YeshaCall...783104/photo/1
She gone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events