Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,253,709 times

Advertisements

VIDEO: Black Man Pulled Over By White Cop for 'Making Direct Eye Contact'*|*David Pakman

Quote:
Initially, the reason given for the traffic stop by the officer is that Mr. Felton failed to signal within 100 feet of turning. Note that this is different than failure to signal -- it was never in question that Mr. Felton did use his turn signal, but in the officer's opinion, he didn't switch the turn signal on more than 100 feet from the location of the turn.

After going back to his police cruiser and eventually returning to Mr. Felton's car, the officer in question is asked again about why he really pulled over Mr. Felton. In a moment of surprising candor, the officer admits to Mr. Felton that the reason he pulled him over was that Mr. Felton "made direct eye contact" with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dnlj00LTRY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 10:53 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,653,119 times
"What you looking at, boy?"

Old 08-26-2015, 11:13 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,979,241 times
Something has got to give. Police and society have to come together. Sure lock up people that shouldn't be in society but this tit for tat stuff goes nowhere.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:18 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,331,735 times
happened to me many times in different states and Im not black... and has NOTHING to do with race...

Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,643,347 times
"Probable Cause."

I think this is actually happened to my friend one time. He was driving a two year old minivan (I was in the passenger seat) and we saw a cop parked in the middle divider of the road. We both looked at the cop as we were passing by and he immediately turned his lights on and pulled us over. The cop came up to his car, looked at both of us and said he pulled him over because he thought his inspection was expired. It was actually inspected four months prior.

Then he left. Never asked for a driver's license or proof of insurance.

Last edited by jburress; 08-27-2015 at 12:37 AM..

Old 08-27-2015, 12:04 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,527,705 times
This story is based on facts or what someone said? It is being presented as fact so where is the source for them? What the guy said happened isn't fact, it is just what he said otherwise known as heresay.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:55 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,098,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
This story is based on facts or what someone said? It is being presented as fact so where is the source for them? What the guy said happened isn't fact, it is just what he said otherwise known as heresay.
You get it... people with agendas never will... the officer mentioned his legal reason for the stop ..and his feelings ..one is legal ..the other doesn't matter UNLESS its coupled with other legal reasons

We call it the felony look... or the awxsheeit look. Parolees have it..cops have it..they know us..and we them .. regular citizens display discernrment or fear .. crooks display deceit.. fear.. and doubt... its so telling a one year took learns this.. if you want to stay alive you do

How many times have each of you looked at your children and knew they did something "wrong" long before you discovered it...
I can't pull you over for "the look"
But I can for the other 48000 vehicle codes

Get over it folks

And while were on the subject
Profiling works very very well...we aren't allowed to do it because of PC garbage

Ask the Israelis....

Old 08-27-2015, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Did you not watch the video where the officer says "because you made eye contact"?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You get it... people with agendas never will

We call it the felony look... or the awxsheeit look.

How many times have each of you looked at your children and knew they said something "wrong" long before you discovered it...

Get over it folks

And while were on the subject
Profiling works very very well...we aren't allowed to do it because of PC garbage

Ask the Israelis....
The more you post the more it seems like police are the ones with an agenda.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:05 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,769,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

How many times have each of you looked at your children and knew they did something "wrong" long before you discovered it...

Get over it folks
And now you get to the meat of the problem. Eventually a society ends up with so many laws that everyone is breaking at least one of them at any given moment. At that point law enforcement can do whatever the hell it wants and come up with the justification for it later...and then tell you to get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events