Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
They got what they asked for. They've given safe harbor to the Taliban for years, knowing what the Taliban was/is and what they can,have, and will do is it any surprise that eventually they'll bite their host in the butt?

A snake is a snake after all...
This may be a different Taliban than the Afghan Taliban, but both are Pashtun resistance movements against their respective governments. We've been bombing them with drones since 2008 after the revolt.

Pro-Taliban Revolt Averted in Pakistan -- for Now | CNS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 08:29 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
This may be a different Taliban than the Afghan Taliban, but both are Pashtun resistance movements against their respective governments. We've been bombing them with drones since 2008 after the revolt.

Pro-Taliban Revolt Averted in Pakistan -- for Now | CNS News
I'm sorry, I don't buy the White House claim (idiot press secretary) that there are different Taliban orgs.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't buy the White House claim (idiot press secretary) that there are different Taliban orgs.
Since the Pakistan military supports the Afghan Taliban (at one time, as many 1/3rd of Taliban fighters were Pak army), they're obviously not the same. It's a real mess of foreign intervention between the US, Pakistan, and India being involved with the different resistance fighters as in a proxy battle. The US seems to be the only one fighting both Talibans.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:24 AM

919 posts, read 848,041 times
Quote:
They are.
Afghan Taliban have condemned the attack.
Not that they are any better, they blew up the Bamiyan Buddha statues.
Both Talibans are stuck in the book-burning women-repressing violence-loving ignorant "culture" despite their name - "taliban" meaning "students".

See, you learn something new every day.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
True. Unfortunately, sometimes it gets to the point where it's time to let the wolves loose. Obama won't do it because of a couple of reasons.
1) For one he is not a military man and doesn't even know how to think like one. There's a reason why 95% of our Generals and West Point Grads are Conservatives. Because that’s what it takes to be a General and win in war.
2) He has an image and political problem where he can't be seen as doing the same thing as Bush, even though he is slowly putting boots on the ground. Slowly ramping up is the worst mistake you can make in war. The enemy has plenty of time to adjust to your moves. Over whelming force is what it takes to destroy the enemy.
but the wolves you are referring to are our soldiers. that means americans die and billions (or trillions) of american taxpayer dollars are spent. its really not worth it. this is all civil conflict, islamic state, syria, egypt, libya, iraq, pakistan, afghanistan and i dont want americans anywhere near it. while this massacre is tragic, that just comes with being a part of the muslim world. these murderers are always present to do the dirty work and make up an important component of the religion.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfa-ish View Post
They are.
Both Talibans are stuck in the book-burning women-repressing violence-loving ignorant "culture" despite their name - "taliban" meaning "students".

are you equating blowing up statues to murdering children? prior to 9/11 the corrupt forces in our government tried to vilify the taliban by showing us buddhist statues being destroyed. then 9/11 happened and the taliban became a convenient scapegoat even though they had nothing to do with 9/11. i wouldnt say 9/11 was part of the set up, but someone wanted us to go to war with the taliban.

anyway, its funny to see you say they are just as bad because they blew up statues. i agree that they are just as bad, they are all the same. but that as an interesting statement.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:35 AM

919 posts, read 848,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
are you equating blowing up statues to murdering children? prior to 9/11 the corrupt forces in our government tried to vilify the taliban by showing us buddhist statues being destroyed. then 9/11 happened and the taliban became a convenient scapegoat even though they had nothing to do with 9/11. i wouldnt say 9/11 was part of the set up, but someone wanted us to go to war with the taliban.

anyway, its funny to see you say they are just as bad because they blew up statues. i agree that they are just as bad, they are all the same. but that as an interesting statement.
Of course I am not equating the two acts. I would have to be pretty dumb to do that. Almost as dumb as someone who would assume that. I am equating the mindsets.

The rest of your post "taliban became a convenient scapegoat" etc, despite the fact that the Afghan Taliban sheltered bin Laden who was directly responsible for 9/11, and refused to hand him over to US, shows your bias. I will not waste my energy engaging in this conversation any further.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Of course I am not equating the two acts. I would have to be pretty dumb to do that. Almost as dumb as someone who would assume that. I am equating the mindsets.

The rest of your post "taliban became a convenient scapegoat" etc, despite the fact that the Afghan Taliban sheltered bin Laden who was directly responsible for 9/11, and refused to hand him over to US, shows your bias. I will not waste my energy engaging in this conversation any further.
you are equating the mindset of someone who would destroy a statue to someone that murdered children? you got lucky in this instance that its accurate but i think its a huge jump to suggest that the kind of person that blows up an old religious statue is the same kind of person that butchers children.

yeah, they "sheltered" him. so he lived there and we made no realistic attempt to get him from there. so we started a war with them less than a month after the attack. we sent tens of thousands of soldiers, spent $1 trillion, lost almost 2,000 soldiers and have been in a 13+ year war because the taliban didnt immediately turn over bin laden. do you seriously believe that?

War in Afghanistan (2001

Old 12-18-2014, 05:11 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Since the Pakistan military supports the Afghan Taliban (at one time, as many 1/3rd of Taliban fighters were Pak army), they're obviously not the same. It's a real mess of foreign intervention between the US, Pakistan, and India being involved with the different resistance fighters as in a proxy battle. The US seems to be the only one fighting both Talibans.
Quote:
They are.

Ahh, so they do the same things how exactly are they "different" except in location? Didn't learn much except semantics.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:01 PM

108 posts, read 114,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Phx Native View Post
putting a wet rag over someones face not barbaric, not allowing someone not to sleep is not barbaric, making them listen to britney spears or justin beaber might be torture but it is not barbaric. What you are calling barbaric leaves no physical scars, and while is custody, they got better medical care than most of the people in the US could afford, they were given prayer mats and material, they were given food that conformed to their religion.
If you want barbaric
sawing someones head off with a bayonet is barbaric, stoning someone to death is barbaric, cutting of a hand or foot is barbaric, teaching a kid it is their duty to blow themselves up is barbaric, killing a woman because she was seen with a man other than a family member is barbaric, killing a girl because she went to school is barbaric, hanging a woman because she was raped is barbaric.

Liberals have no idea what barbaric is, but they will soon if they don't get they cranial rectal inversion corrected soon.
If you think that Islam is all this then it is very wrong. The misinterpretation of Islam through Talibaan is the biggest mistake. Talibans are not Muslims they are Lunatics and Barbarians. It is aweful that they relate themselves with Islam . Islam means Peace . How they can be Muslims. They are not they are just here to tarnish the name of Islam.

Most of thetime the world wide media is twisting the facts
If you don't know what you're talking about (which is usually 99% of the time) then don't bother reporting it until you have the facts.
Firstly,those children who were murdered by these terrorists were not murdered for"going to school" - they were murdered because these were children offamily members in the armed forces, the very same armed forces who happen to befighting these terrorists in AMERICAN War on Terror.
Secondly,NO hospital in Pakistan indulges in gender discrimination. The reason why yousee mainly injured boys in the hospitals is probably because all the causalities and injuries are boys! When the boys school gets attacked chancesare the majority of the injuries and causalities will be males.

Thirdly,the "Pakistani Taliban" leadership all reside in AFGHANISTAN...the very same AFGHANISTAN American NATO is controlling. This might be a good time to goafter them

Western media has done a wonderful job in painting our country something that it is not, and in the times of such unthinkable barbaric attacks, these folks still can't get off your agenda in making us look like the boogeyman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events