Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 09:28 PM

29,551 posts, read 22,889,727 times

Advertisements

Two New York police reportedly shot - MarketWatch

Quote:
Two New York Police Department officers were shot Monday night in the Bronx, NBC's local affiliate reported on its website, citing the Fire Department. The officers were taken to St. Barnabas Hospital and were expected to survive, the report said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 09:57 PM

3,654 posts, read 4,535,735 times
Hoping NYC won't have to become a warzone but it ain't lookin' good...

Old 01-05-2015, 10:06 PM

23,373 posts, read 29,259,087 times
In every police department in this country, you'll find bully cops, and the police officers know who they are, but refuse to find a way of ridding the department of them! An almost impossible task!

It's these cops who are instrumental in those losing respect for the police! And they need to go!

Old 01-05-2015, 10:12 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,115,078 times
They need to get rid of the street thugs is who. Not the police. Praying for the officers.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:15 PM

3,654 posts, read 4,535,735 times
I'm just wondering what will realistically happen if this type of **** continues to happen. What if 2 more NYPD officers get shot and killed in Queens or Manhattan tomorrow? I just feel like something is going to snap in this country very soon. Tensions are very high between blacks and whites, and between police/citizens. Something big is going to happen...and I'm pretty sure NYC would be the place. This world is getting scarily unpredictable.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:27 PM

8,114 posts, read 6,802,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I'm just wondering what will realistically happen if this type of **** continues to happen. What if 2 more NYPD officers get shot and killed in Queens or Manhattan tomorrow? I just feel like something is going to snap in this country very soon. Tensions are very high between blacks and whites, and between police/citizens. Something big is going to happen...and I'm pretty sure NYC would be the place. This world is getting scarily unpredictable.
I did my time in NYC when it was a real war zone, 70s and 80s. I believe that you are right and we are returning to the bad old days. I still have property there and hope that I can sell before that happens.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:31 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,027,988 times
This happened in a rough area of the Bronx. Reports are cops will be fine, sounds like a simple shootout during the commission of a crime/being caught.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:35 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,115,078 times
Quote:
No problems here; local area is ablaze with Blue porch lights for the last two Police Officers murdered and to show support for local officers. What's to Like about NY should be their new slogan.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:46 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,099,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
This happened in a rough area of the Bronx. Reports are cops will be fine, sounds like a simple shootout during the commission of a crime/being caught.
Exactly. It happened on a drug ridden, rough block. It's a high crime area, so it was just an armed robbery in which the perp, not wanting to be apprehended, shot at the cops. Nothing like what happened in Brooklyn.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:11 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,064,073 times
Quote:
Blacks and whites???

The suspects were hispanic or does that matter?

Other than this forum and the Internet, there are no "tensions" among the races in my real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events