Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 03:52 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Stupidest campaign ever. This is not the answer to your problems McDs! You food is abysmal, and we don't want what you're selling. I'll call my mother twice to save me from eating there.

So just how did YOU become a WE? You speak for everyone?
McDonald's is a good fast food restaurant. Millions love it, including myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 04:20 PM

421 posts, read 410,988 times
Fuzzymystic

Quote:
That's kind of poor planning. Not everyone has a mother, father, sister or brother who is alive that they can call. Do they just keep going down a list? How about a cousin? Aunt? Ok, sorry, then it's full price for you!
The Phonecall is just one of the things. It's show some love; Hug, kiss ect...
This hugs and kisses campaign is an attempt to woo customers because of declining sales and bad image. If they think that paying people to swat spit is going to improve their image or sales they should plan on sales plummeting even further

Last edited by portlandphi; 02-04-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 02-04-2015, 04:25 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
McDonald's is so thoroughly hated and vilified by the Absolutely Politically Correct, and that collection of losers out there in Deep Left Field, that anything it does will be criticized by somebody.

Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
If they said, call your mother and your meal is free, I'd say "here's my Credit card".
I would cry, as my mom is deceased. I had a sad experience like that. I woke up one morning and received a text from a number I didn't recognize. The person texting me told me it was time to get up and get ready for English class. I had no idea who it was. When I asked who it was, the texter told me she was my mother. She had texted her daughter's old phone number that I had just been assigned I think the campaign is stupid too. They should focus on making better food instead.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:09 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,394,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I would cry, as my mom is deceased. I had a sad experience like that. I woke up one morning and received a text from a number I didn't recognize. The person texting me told me it was time to get up and get ready for English class. I had no idea who it was. When I asked who it was, the texter told me she was my mother. She had texted her daughter's old phone number that I had just been assigned I think the campaign is stupid too. They should focus on making better food instead.
Sorry about your mom, that must have been really painful.

That sort of thing was the first thing I wondered about when I heard about the "hugs for food" .

I went thru many years of pregnancy loss and infertility treatment before having my daughter - it was really hard to go out on Mother's day to run errands and have business that passed out roses, or whatever to every women.

I only go to McD's under protest - my 4yo likes their yougurt parfaits and sugar cookies, I get coffee or iced tea there from time to time. Any other time I am there, it is because I need to get in and out cause I'm on the way to the airport or something

Old 02-04-2015, 05:47 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
Does anyone else have a problem with this? Some things shouldn't be sold. Public displays of affection shouldn't be in an environment filled with children. Anything more than hand holding
is treading on shaky ground in public anywhere.
One commercial I just saw, had a guy who had to call his mother. They did not have the conversation so I will make one up for example to witness how goofy this sales pitch is-

"Hi Mom. How are you? I am calling because I get a free Big Mac for calling my mother."

What???? You haven't called me in 3 years and now you are finally calling me for the price of a burger????? Hope you choke on a pickle and no you can't borrow any money."[dial tone]

Huge problem. But then, I have a problem with every creepy and disgusting thing that McDonald's does.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Stupidest campaign ever. This is not the answer to your problems McDs! You food is abysmal, and we don't want what you're selling. I'll call my mother twice to save me from eating there.

I agree. Horrible fast food. The lowest of the low. And they will stoop to anything.

Chicken Mc Nuggets are made out of male chicks that are ground alive and the meat, if you can call it that, is held together with pink slime.

They are not "All American" or "family oriented".

Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 PM

240 posts, read 252,289 times
I thought the same thing when I saw the commercial. Stupid thing. I would not pimp my mother for a free meal at McDonald's. Pity the staff who has to do this to their customer base.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:12 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Asking someone to call their mom for a burger could be risky. The customer could have a bad relationship with their mom or there might not be a mom in the picture. A better idea would be to simply ask for a smile like the Smile Trolley in downtown Cleveland.

They will give you a free ride even if you don't smile.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:36 PM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That junk at McD's should NEVER be given away. Matter of fact, increase the price to keep people from ingesting that poison.
Maybe you can get laws passed mandating what people should eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events