Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 01:19 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
You know Terri, I'm starting to questions what they hope for. I think payback is more of the goal. If we can't make you you'll pay the price kind of attitude that I'm seeing is telling...
I don't get why the fuss is being about vaccination. It was normal health practice, considered important for public health. Now in the last decade or so some reason some people stopped vaccinating. Just go back to vaccination being standard? What's the issue or difficulty?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:20 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,984,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I asked you to provide the proof (in another thread) because I wanted to know the difference between natural antibodies vs those from the vaccine.
There is no difference. Exposure to foreign proteins triggers the immune system to produce plasma cells which make antibody against the foreign protein. The body neither knows or cares where the foreign protein came from (vaccine versus live virus), and a plasma cell is a plasma cell. A plasma cell made in response to a foreign protein introduced via vaccine will respond to future encounters with that protein by creating antibody against it, regardless of the source of that protein. ALL antibodies are "natural" antibodies.

Last edited by Aredhel; 02-11-2015 at 01:35 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 01:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
There is no difference. Exposure to foreign proteins triggers the immune system to produce plasma cells which make antibody against the 'foreign" protein. The body neither knows or cares where the foreign protein came from (vaccine versus live virus), and a plasma cell is a plasma cell. A plasma cell made in response to a foreign protein introduced via vaccine will respond to future encounters with that protein by creating antibody against it, regardless of the source of that protein. ALL antibodies are "natural" antibodies.

This was a conversation in a different thread and the studies showed that the antibodies from the mother who had natural immunity vs vaccine induced immunity lasted longer. Not a lot longer but longer. And when you are talking about infants, a couple months of extra antibodies does make a difference. But again, this was a conversation from another thread.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I don't get why the fuss is being about vaccination. It was normal health practice, considered important for public health. Now in the last decade or so some reason some people stopped vaccinating. Just go back to vaccination being standard? What's the issue or difficulty?
The vaccination rates remain high. I don't think that things are very different today then they were a decade ago in regard to the vaccination rate. The vast majority of people vaccinate

Old 02-11-2015, 01:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The "dirty, sick" people (not saying who) spreading "disease" were rounded up in a certain time period in "quarantine camps" to protect the good, strong, healthy people of a certain "race".

That concept has been done before. Certain "Codes" came into effect after that. This is what some of you want today.

Some even take this a step further, even for non contagious diseases. If you are not tested for colon cancer, you will get colon cancer. Then you will have to be treated and that will make MY insurance rates go up. All of your illnesses will cost ME money. You SELFISH behavior is costing me money/sickness. Say again who exactly are the "ME'S" of society?

People who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat.
Again with the comparisons to the Nazis. Keep it up, Jo! It's real good for your cred-not!

Old 02-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Are you concerned about losing freedoms? Then we share that.
I'm not concerned with losing my freedom to spread disease, no.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
As another "heath care professional" has said here, doctors now put in a databasethe names of all patients who refuse a vaccination, including non patient family members. That is still going to let a lot of citizens slip through the cracks there. Maybe the CDC should set up some kind of vaccination hotline. If you hear you neighbors or coworkers saying they refused a vaccination, you can just go online and report them. Catch far more people. Just like with that terrorists stuff. Hear something, report it.

Where am I getting this from? Back in my younger days. I knew a couple who escaped Germany. They were not Jewish but neighbors reported them for speaking out against the government. Government came after them and they fled the country. So now our government can round up our own citizens for "non compliance" too.

What you are calling for is basically the same idea, just for a different reason.
Again with the Nazi stuff. Keep it up, Jo!

Your medical record is your medical record. Immunizations are part of it. There may be a notation somewhere that you refused a vaccine. Our office does not record that info. When I took my mom to the oncologist many years ago (probably about 20, as she has been gone for 16 now), he asked her if she wanted a pneumonia shot, and said there was a notation that she had refused it the previous time she was asked. She got it that time. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
News flash: doctors put your vaccination info into a database... right along side all your other medical info.
This is true. And anyone having any concerns that EHRs will be a security problem has little to worry about; these systems don't talk to each other.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:43 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
unvacinated immigrants

Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,984,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This was a conversation in a different thread and the studies showed that the antibodies from the mother who had natural immunity vs vaccine induced immunity lasted longer. Not a lot longer but longer.
The difference, insofar as passive protection of infants via breast milk, is trivial. No one who was exposed to measles protein at age 5 or age 10 (whether by vaccine or by infection) is making much antibody against measles at age 20+, unless they happen to cross paths again with measles proteins in the interim and their immune system gets re-stimulated. But they WILL have memory B-cells circulating in their system ready for re-activation should an exposure to measles occur again.

Breast-feeding offers little protection against most serious infectious diseases for precisely that reason. Unless she was ill with the disease pretty recently prior to her pregnancy, there's just not that much antibody in Mom's system circulating to cross over into her breast milk. It DOES offer significant protection against more ubiquitous pathogens such as Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyrogenes, because we're constantly encountering those bacteria and therefore our immune system is always making antibodies against them at fairly high levels.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:46 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
My kid has has 16 shots by age 18 months and I'm getting notices he is behind. My son has become a pin cushion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events