Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 03:44 AM

756 posts, read 834,185 times

Advertisements

The U.S.A. needs to not fight Is Is over there. The U.S.A. soldiers must return to U.S.A. to focus on border patrol, and also before another dangerous middle east group is formed. There will always be some dangerous group. But what would I know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 07:19 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
This is a war that cannot be fought and WON with military might. Radical Islam is an IDEA. Promoted by a few OLDER Clerics or whatever they are called in that part of the World. These older Imams, Mullahs, Clerics etc have convinced millions of their followers that they have an instant ticket to Paradise if they kill INFIDELS and are killed in doing so. Killing these misguided followers by the thousands will never stop them! Their leaders have convinced them that GOD will reward them instantly if they die in their cause.

In my opinion there are only TWO ways that radical Islamists can be defeated and neither way is Politically Correct.The first way would be to undertake massive COVERT operations to kill or even better discredit the OLDER Clerics spreading this false promise. This would require a significant amount of intelligence assets that we currently do not have. This method would be cost effective but it would take TIME. Time that we may not have.

The best way would be to give these people a BETTER answer. IOW convert them to Christianity! However this method would provoke many of our own citizens and leaders to anger. One small ship stationed off shore in the Persian Gulf broadcasting the message of Christ would be much more cost effective than dozens of B-1 Bombers.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:06 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
It's not like the Bible is any less bloody and brutal than the Quran. More people have been killed in the name of Christ than Allah. These people are extremists because of how and where they've been raised. Most of them can't even read so Islam is just an excuse to act out violently and join in with groups that seem to have all the answers. Just like gangs, really. Converting nuts to Christianity would just result in Christian nuts.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:18 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
If the Air Force brass is so dead set on killing the Warthog as an American aircraft, I'd be all for selling them to Jordan so the King has a weapon that can deal with any tanks ISIS may have.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:47 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Police Action?

You would think with a US active duty enlisted of over a million men, the US could put up a limited "police action" anywhere in the world and clean house.

Am I wrong?

Old 02-08-2015, 01:12 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
You would think with a US active duty enlisted of over a million men, the US could put up a limited "police action" anywhere in the world and clean house.

Am I wrong?
Politically, it isn't acceptable to the current CiC or the US public to just open a can of whoop ass and indiscriminately kill anyone in a limited area who supports its enemies which is what would be required.

Let's look at post WWII Germany. The Nazis tried to set up an insurgency called Operation Werewolf. Eisenhower ordered said the occupying policies would be to excite anyone involved, and after a few teenagers were executed the Germans got the message that this would not be tolerated.

Now George Bush could speak about evil doers, but in Iraq and Afghanistan he could never go so far as Eisenhower did in Germany political and likely personal restraints existed to stop him from doing so. Obama can't even bring himself to use this rhetoric so how much further from walking the walk is he than Bush was?

Furthermore remember the phrase "shock and awe?" The fellow who came up with that term in a paper outling a possible U.S. invasion of Iraq was angry about the Bush administration using it because as he pointed out he advocated everything they did and then some such as carpetbombing Baghdad in a style reminiscent of what happened to German and Japanese cities of WWII. Again this was a guy who wanted to send the message that opposing the U.S. would not be tolerated and would bring about a wholly out of scale retaliation, but politically this was a non starter.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:40 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,645 times
Default Where is ISIS on the evil curve?

Politically, it isn't acceptable to the current CiC or the US public to just open a can of whoop ass and indiscriminately kill anyone in a limited area who supports its enemies which is what would be required.

Not so sure as you are about the American public. Obama is just drinking his own kool aid.

Confused about what you said, the way you phrased it, but I don't believe the US ever adopted a program of kill everyone, destroy everything which is the way I read your post.

I am sure ISIS' violence is way beyond what we have come to expect from a freedom fighter. If what they have accomplished to date was done instead by a serial killer, wouldn't we, and everyone else, react?

Where is ISIS going to stop?

Old 02-08-2015, 01:46 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
I don't think that using satellite images and drone attacks is that expensive.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:24 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
I think we need to investigate who is really behind ISIS. I was suspicious as soon as I found out their name. The Western global elite like to name things after Egyptian/Babylonian gods/goddesses and often use numerology and other symbolism. But the name ISIS was very blatant to me. I am currently watching this video. I definitely don't think we can trust the reporting of mainstream media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LSIwvE0Nvo

Old 02-08-2015, 03:07 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post

Am I wrong?
You are wrong. The vast majority of military personnel are not combat troops, they're support staff. And you're talking about wars. There is no "limited police action" when you're fighting natives, especially when you can't tell targets from friendlies. It would be the same cluster**** as Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think we need to investigate who is really behind ISIS. I was suspicious as soon as I found out their name. The Western global elite like to name things after Egyptian/Babylonian gods/goddesses and often use numerology and other symbolism. But the name ISIS was very blatant to me. I am currently watching this video. I definitely don't think we can trust the reporting of mainstream media:
I'm not sure if you're a troll or just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events