Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 02:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

I've been saying for a while that we created ISIS....or shall i say that we SURELY created the conditions for it by yet again interfering in the internal affairs of a foreign nation thereby making a bad situation much worse.

This piece/interview in the Guardian by Martin Chulov features an interview with Abu Ahmed, who explains how they formed ISIS right under our noses by using Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi (ISIS leader), who tricked the Americans into believing that he was a peaceful Sunni leader. This excerpt is unbelievable:

Quote:
Abu Ahmed was imprisoned in a US-run detention center in southern Iraq called Camp Bucca in 2004. That's where he met al-Baghdadi, among others who would later form ISIS. According to Ahmed, Baghdadi managed to trick the US Army into thinking he was a peacemaker, all the while building what would become ISIS right under their noses:

"He was respected very much by the US army," Abu Ahmed said. "If he wanted to visit people in another camp he could, but we couldn’t. And all the while, a new strategy, which he was leading, was rising under their noses, and that was to build the Islamic State. If there was no American prison in Iraq, there would be no IS now. Bucca was a factory. It made us all. It built our ideology."
Pathetic. And it gets worse:

Quote:
When they entered the US-run prison, Baghdadi and many of the others were members of small Sunni militia groups. But the organizing space allowed them to unify under the name al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), led at the time by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

"We could never have all got together like this in Baghdad, or anywhere else," Abu Ahmed says, sounding almost grateful to the Americans. "It would have been impossibly dangerous. Here, we were not only safe, but we were only a few hundred meters away from the entire al-Qaeda leadership."
Congratulations my fellow Americans. You should be proud.

http://news.yahoo.com/isis-leader-no...191002620.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Proud of what? We have nothing to do with how deceitful murderers behave...

All Iraqis do not behave in that manner...

Old 12-11-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Proud of what? We have nothing to do with how deceitful murderers behave...

All Iraqis do not behave in that manner...
Take responsibility for once.

"Deceitful murderers?"

Careful. That description fits more people than you'd care to admit. People that you voted for and trusted.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:49 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
I will say this for a certainty if we had let Saddam and Assad alone there would be no ISIS.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I will say this for a certainty if we had let Saddam and Assad alone there would be no ISIS.
Of course not.

But of course, we Americans, who know NOTHING about the region, it's people, culture or religious traditions, knew what's best for them so we interfered and made everything much worse.

Congrats.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:53 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Right - because there would still be a Saddam and Assad - and therefore, no need for ISIS.

It's all the same as far as we are concerned. One shuts down, another starts up with a new name.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Of course not.

But of course, we Americans, who know NOTHING about the region, it's people, culture or religious traditions, knew what's best for them so we interfered and made everything much worse.

Congrats.
If I knew what I know now I would have voted for Pat Buchanan in 2000.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:57 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
This is something Bush Sr. realized, but Bush Jr. couldn't grasp.

These 2 tyrants kept warring factions in check, without them, there is a power vacuum that leads to the situation we are seeing right now.

The absolute cowards in the farce known as the " Arab League" should be dealing with this, NOT the USA.

How many more lives and billions of dollars are going to be wasted on the cowardly Iraqi army? Yes the one that throws done their arms and run off like little frightened schoolgirls. Billions wasted training this sham military force.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Right - because there would still be a Saddam and Assad - and therefore, no need for ISIS.

It's all the same as far as we are concerned. One shuts down, another starts up with a new name.
Oh, so now ISIS is no different than Saddam or Assad, huh?

Good, then we should end the fight against ISIS and leave the region to its own fate without our interference.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:01 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times
right - and if there was no Israel, there would be no Islamic terror either.

I also have some beachfront property for sale in Oklahoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies