Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,672,190 times

Advertisements

And once again, I'm reminded of why I became an anarchist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:39 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,940,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He was just joking but took the time to draft and file actual legislation? Nope, he realized HE was quickly becoming a joke and tried to backpedal. A remark said in passing that yoga pants should be banned might have been a joke, an actual filed and edited bill that went to committee is far beyond a joke.

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/2015/billpdf/HB0365.pdf
Thanks for posting the bill, which was in response to some sort of public nudity event, a bike ride if I remember correctly.

It says nothing about yoga pants. That was a joke. J-O-K-E.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,992,134 times
Well I'm not moving to Montana anytime soon then.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,006,185 times
The bill is dead, as expected.

I don't know about all of you but I'm tired of our over-paid and under-worked legislators wasting so much of our time with their frivolous Going-Nowhere bills.

These bills are designed to never really pass muster (or even to be taken seriously) but to set an agenda somewhere with some constiutents, or to get some kick-back from a Lobbyist. They're also designed to waste time and to distract the rest us from real issues (have you noticed that nobody ever proposes a bill to fix Detroit's broken transit system?).

The Bills To Nowhere

Editorial board: Enough with the frivolous bills already

Speaking of outrageous bills-

Lawmakers Trying To Pass Bill Exempting Politicians From Arrest And Prosecution For Corruption

Old 02-15-2015, 05:11 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,624,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They should be illegal everywhere. A Public place is not a YOGA class! It is indecent, shows laziness, and they all look flabby and gross. Plus, YOGA pants are not worn by those practicing YOGA, most are used because no other clothing items STRETCH that FAR!

If you're not in a yoga class you shouldn't be wearing those pants. Those are training pants; that's like a ballet dancer walking around in a tutu.

This stands in the same category with those parents taking kids to the bus stop in their pajamas...so rude and embarrassing for the child and his/her friends. Use common sense and see passed yourself for a minute.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:13 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,154,975 times
I guess no Playtex 18-hour bras will be sold in Montana, once the law passes. No outline of nipples on either sex is going to leave pert near everyone unable to leave their home out of fear the headlights might involunarily jump on high beam.

Hey! At least they aren't discriminating about it. No nipple means nobodies nipples!

You dont need yoga pants to practice yoga. Sweats work just as well.

That community obviously is not interested in being distracted by the very detailed display provided by the pants, and other sheer and glove-tight clothes. If the community in question is good with it, I dont have a problem with it either.

Live in a place that doesnt mind exposure - like NYC or most beach communities in CA - if the use of the product is that important to you.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:00 AM

723 posts, read 870,935 times
That guy needs a heavy dose of something psychedelic to have any hope of breaking out of that miserable, puritanical mindset.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:11 AM

21,225 posts, read 19,840,420 times
Yoga pants seems to be standard uniform for waitresses at most of the restaurants I've been to.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,284,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
David Moore (Montana) - Ballotpedia
Nothing like focusing on clothing to eliminate waste.
It's obvious that this politician has too much free time on his hands and has lost his way. Instead of focusing on foolish things, he should focus and concentrate his efforts to adopt laws to impose severe prison sentences for politicians who are corrupt and to impose mandatory term limitations for all politicians.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:45 AM

5,823 posts, read 3,249,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I've seen women in yoga pants and when they are in good shape they look great. Here is an example:

moderator cut: image removed

Isn't America a great country?
On another note, I thought that the Republicans were for less government!

Last edited by Marka; 02-16-2015 at 02:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events