Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 06:32 PM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times

Advertisements

OP: do you have actual knowledge that the employee wasn't fired? I'm not finding any information in the article to substantiate that.

As to the general point: if the employee wasn't ultimately fired, then I think she should be. She is a customer service professional and should know to walk away. Yes, the customer was more in the wrong as she actually initiated the physical body contact (in an unwise move as she ultimately got her butt whipped!), but the employee should've never let things escalate to that point; she should've walked away and not confront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 06:40 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,995 times
We have those cubicles at the mall. I often wondered about their service. Guess if you are a min wage employee those cubicles are for you.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:26 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
Employee should be fired for handling the situation like a savage.

If you value your job don't engage in cursing, loud, insult matches with customers while on the job. As soon as the employee felt the situation was escalating (assuming she didn't start it which it seems she may have by cursing under her breath) she should have walked away and called security. Judging by the video she had several opportunities to deescalate the matter. Yelling, name calling and getting into someone's personal space would NOT be tolerated from an employee of mine.

As for who started the physical fight, I would say both are equally to blame. When two people enter each other's personal space like that, there's a good chance that one person will feel threatened enough to throw the first blow. Some would say if it comes to that...you WANT to be the one throwing the first blow. And wow, that was an interesting use of the head to get that first blow.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:01 PM

53 posts, read 56,267 times
Walmart has a colorful reputation in and out of the store. I've personally witnessed two women fighting over a handicap-only parking spot. I guess there aren't as many "ladies" and "gentlemen" in our society than there used to be. Neither woman looked handicapped to any degree....

Old 02-14-2015, 09:07 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Both woman could have walked away before the physical violence started. The tax lady was being paid to represent her employer in the public marketplace. She shouldn't have called the customer's mama a *****, looking for a fight, while shaking her shoulders and jabbing a finger inches away from the store customer's face. Who does that and gets away with it?! The sales floor isn't a boxing ring. Walmart employee or tax employee, it doesn't matter. The black chick would be fired/banned/arrested if I were the manager/owner of either business. The white chick, banned from ever coming back into my store.
I don't care whether you're black or white. Either act civilized in a public shopping center or go shop/work elsewhere.
I agree that both women behaved badly and it should have never escalated that far. The tax employee should have walked away and not discuss whatever the issue was and the customer should have shut up and went to her boss and filed a complaint. I don't care what color a person is either but it seems you do since you mentioned it (which wasn't necessary). I called one an employee (other woman) and the other a customer (skinny chick). It also appears you're more upset with the employee than the customer who dealt the first blow of the altercation in the first place...you would arrest the employee and not the customer? Me thinks your colors are showing.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:14 PM

240 posts, read 252,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree that both women behaved badly and it should have never escalated that far. The tax employee should have walked away and not discuss whatever the issue was and the customer should have shut up and went to her boss and filed a complaint. I don't care what color a person is either but it seems you do since you mentioned it (which wasn't necessary). I called one an employee (other woman) and the other a customer (skinny chick). It also appears you're more upset with the employee than the customer who dealt the first blow of the altercation in the first place...you would arrest the employee and not the customer? Me thinks your colors are showing.

It's very obvious that one woman is black, the other white. Noticing someone's skin color is not racist. Pretending not to notice it, may be.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
Whatever.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I didn't realize skinny-chick was white until I read the comments and went back to watch. Crazy customer, crazy employee who shouldn't be working there. That's all.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:23 PM

511 posts, read 508,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I actually thought the head butt was a good idea. Someone silly enough to get that close is asking for it. Too bad there was no blood.

"Banned for life".........How they gonna enforce a deal like that?
My schizo brother in law was banned from all Dennys restaurants via a Company wide restraining order.

Of course they only actually recognize him in one restaurant, the Dennys where he perpetrated his antics onto an innocent waitress one too many times. And his stalking and waiting outside for her for hours scared the other waitresses.

\

Old 02-14-2015, 10:26 PM

511 posts, read 508,639 times
The white girl only head butted her because the black woman was provoking her, getting into her space and yelling in her face. Duh!

Otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Last edited by MrsApt; 02-14-2015 at 10:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events