Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:32 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Same here. Sometimes I let these stories I read on the internet get me all rattled up when in reality they are relatively infrequent occurrences. Kind of like people believe that weather is getting more extreme when it's not, and the world is 'going to hell' when it's no worse than it's ever been.. there's just more media out there and easier access to information.

Have to remind myself that. Some people act like jackasses and have it coming. Treat people like you would want to be treated and be polite around officers.. why make a scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ
So because you've never been raped all those women are just making it up??

Because you've never been discriminated against, all those minorities are just making it up??

You have protests in mass. An entire generation mobilized. And an international audience astonished at what's going in America and you STILL act like there's no problem.

Keep burying your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 05:34 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,124,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The DEA was working with Mexico's largest cartel. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Ending the Drug War is the biggest key to ending these illegal searches and seizures and to start to regain our freedoms in this country.
Ah yes the DEA-Sinaloa cooperation. And then there's those large megabanks (Wachovia, HSBC) that got busted laundering billions in drug money. No one goes to jail and all they get is a fine. LOL. What a scam!!

Old 03-23-2015, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ah yes the DEA-Sinaloa cooperation. And then there's those large megabanks (Wachovia, HSBC) that got busted laundering billions in drug money. No one goes to jail and all they get is a fine. LOL. What a scam!!
Lol. I know. It's pretty sad in all honesty.

Hey, I bet you won't find Notmeofficer going around digging up those dirt trails

Old 03-23-2015, 05:44 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,632,658 times
The Department of Justice Asset Forfeiture Program (the Program) is a nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, deprives wrongdoers of the proceeds of their crimes, recovers property that may be used to compensate victims, and deters crime. The most important objective of the Program is law enforcement. Equitable sharing further enhances this law enforcement objective by fostering cooperation among federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. Federal law authorizes the Attorney General to share federally forfeited property with participating state and local law enforcement agencies.

Why don't you go to the site and read about the program BEFORE you jump on the keyboard and start lambasting every law enforcement officer in the country????

Old 03-23-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
The Department of Justice Asset Forfeiture Program (the Program) is a nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, deprives wrongdoers of the proceeds of their crimes, recovers property that may be used to compensate victims, and deters crime. The most important objective of the Program is law enforcement. Equitable sharing further enhances this law enforcement objective by fostering cooperation among federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies. Federal law authorizes the Attorney General to share federally forfeited property with participating state and local law enforcement agencies.

Why don't you go to the site and read about the program BEFORE you jump on the keyboard and start lambasting every law enforcement officer in the country????

Because its not "criminal organizations" being targeted.

And by that same token, can we "sieze" all of the DEA's property and redistribute it to the people for their criminal actions?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:49 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Lol. I know. It's pretty sad in all honesty.

Hey, I bet you won't find Notmeofficer going around digging up those dirt trails
Well buddy.. here 'ya go again.. calling me out personally... but hey.. I have thick skin and wont snitch you off to a mod... actually youre one of the few "on the other side" I dont mind conversing with

And if you remember.. Im not a federal officer... I like being local LEO.. and while some federal agencies do great jobs others are on my radar as having lost their way.. fast and furious being one of them.. as is my opinion of peace officers being introduced into non leo federal agencies as a part of their staff..
I call it like I see it... Secret Service needs an overhaul... ATF... needs to be reigned in... but like all agencies there are good and bad in every one.. including those who forget what service means

Tomorrow if I stop some guy on the freeway and the dog hits on his car for drugs.. it gets searched and he has gads of cash but I cant find the drugs but do find empty packaging.... AND he has no explanation,, like hes a Mexican national with no good story that has any scintilla of verification would I considering seizing that money,, oh,, hell yea.. but it isnt that easy

For me to do that would require an act of god.. a lot of people with gold bars on their lapels.. alot of paperwork,, and maybe even a DA rollout investigator.. because if we're going to take it we want to keep it.. at one point we were directed.. dont bother unless its pursuant to an arrest and its substantial.. like over 100k

We arent going after your Chrysler minivan or 1978 fairmont...

I can tell you all this but you'll drive your train no matter what I say

have a nice day

Old 04-10-2015, 11:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
It's a small step in the right direction, thanks New Mexico!

Police In New Mexico Will No Longer Seize Your Property Without Finding You Guilty Of A Crime

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez (R) on Friday signed a bill into law overhauling the state's civil asset forfeiture program, which had previously allowed police to permanently seize property without a conviction or charging the owner with a crime.

Set to go into effect in July, House Bill 560, passed last month with broad bipartisan support in the state legislature and signed by Martinez just before Friday's noon deadline, requires authorities to obtain a conviction or guilty plea before permanently seizing property. It also reforms incentives for civil asset forfeiture, channeling proceeds to the state's general fund rather than directly to police department coffers.

In her signing statement, Martinez said the bill will "improve the transparency and accountability of the forfeiture process and provide further protections to innocent property owners." But she also expressed concerns with the use of the term “policing for profit” -- popularized by critics of civil asset forfeiture -- calling it "an overused, oversimplified, and cynical term that, in my opinion, disrespects our law enforcement officers."

“This is a good day for the Bill of Rights,” said ACLU of New Mexico Executive Director Peter Simonson in a statement. “For years police could seize people’s cash, cars, and houses without even accusing anyone of a crime. Today, we have ended this unfair practice in New Mexico and replaced it with a model that is just and constitutional.”

Old 04-10-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post

There's still some real Americans out there

Old 04-10-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well buddy.. here 'ya go again.. calling me out personally... but hey.. I have thick skin and wont snitch you off to a mod... actually youre one of the few "on the other side" I dont mind conversing with

Your one of 'those' types. Bullying people on the forums and then want to cheat when you start to lose a debate and/or someone confronts you.

SH

I'm discussing very relevant issues to all of the thread topics. Wasn't it you who used to go on a wild tangent listing endless paragraphs of rants??

And if you remember.. Im not a federal officer... I like being local LEO.. and while some federal agencies do great jobs others are on my radar as having lost their way.. fast and furious being one of them.. as is my opinion of peace officers being introduced into non leo federal agencies as a part of their staff..
I call it like I see it... Secret Service needs an overhaul... ATF... needs to be reigned in... but like all agencies there are good and bad in every one.. including those who forget what service means

So every other government agency BUT Police

Tomorrow if I stop some guy on the freeway and the dog hits on his car for drugs.. it gets searched and he has gads of cash but I cant find the drugs but do find empty packaging.... AND he has no explanation,, like hes a Mexican national with no good story that has any scintilla of verification would I considering seizing that money,, oh,, hell yea.. but it isnt that easy

That's terrible morality imo. How about working for a living. Not stealing. Isn't that the war your supposed to be fighting against? How is fattening YOUR pockets fighting that war?

For me to do that would require an act of god.. a lot of people with gold bars on their lapels.. alot of paperwork,, and maybe even a DA rollout investigator.. because if we're going to take it we want to keep it.. at one point we were directed.. dont bother unless its pursuant to an arrest and its substantial.. like over 100k

We arent going after your Chrysler minivan or 1978 fairmont...

I can tell you all this but you'll drive your train no matter what I say

have a nice day
I'm not a materialistic guy. So I'm not offended. Would rock the hell out of either. Prefer a bike myself. Can't wait to get back to the city.

But hey, its not hard to figure salaries. So beat your drum all you want. Like I said. Could care less about money besides security and freedom.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:30 PM

Who else hear steals from their enemies and calls it justice? I mean literally steals.

I could see if the goods were used for good, like education, drug rehab, etc. But instead, it goes to overbearing agencies with a surplus of unnecessary weapons and gadgets. It goes towards some forces that prey on the people through fines and harassment while the neighborhoods that need the most help, go unprotected and without help.

I hear a lot of people say the phrase "well what if there weren't Police??, what would you do then??"

Well in some neighborhoods, the Police won't show up till its too late. If they come at all. Shots aren't nothing new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events