Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times

Advertisements

Store Clerk Fights Off, Shoots Robber in Kentucky - ABC News

I give props to this girl, it's just a shame the shot wasn't lethal and now taxpayers have to house, feed and clothe this miscreant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 07:58 AM

387 posts, read 589,555 times
wow, she's lucky that the robber was a complete idiot. that fool left his gun on the counter, she took it, and fired at him. i admi she has guts the way she took him on when he tried to leave!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:02 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
You could spin this incident as being either pro or anti gun control.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:25 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
The anti spin is that the way you handle armed robbery is to wait for the robber to first chamber a round, put his gun down on the counter then you reach for his gun, wait until he rushes you and only THEN you pull the trigger.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:42 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
You could spin this incident as being either pro or anti gun control.
There is no anti-gun control spin here. This is just another gun FAIL.

With several customers in the store who could have been hit by stray bullets, she fired multiple shots at him. Ultimately she physically overpowered him to stop the robbery. Her getting hold of the gun was of no use in stopping the robbery. Though its lucky that she was able to disarm him.

If gun control had been in effect, the robber would not have had a gun, and she would have still been able to stop the robbery the same way she did. But without shooting-up the store, and putting the lives of innocent customers and bystanders in jeopardy.

And don't give me the BS that the bad guys would still have guns. Some weapons are controlled in this country, and the bad guys don't have those. And in other countries where handguns are controlled, the bad guys don't have them there, except maybe in border areas where the guns are smuggled in from the US.

To make it even worse, the robber in the video was known to the clerk, so he wasn't going to get away with it anyway.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 03-08-2015 at 01:17 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 12:52 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
I think that is great and totally justified. The way I see it she grabbed the gun, backed up, he charged her, she shot once wounding him then chased him off.
The only trouble is if she hadn't grabbed the gun the perp would have probably cleaned out the register and left.
Who knows? She would have called the Cops and they might have bumped into the guy down the street, a shootout would have occurred and we would have yet another racism fueled protest where a white officer shot a poor black guy.

I'm glad she shot him. Perhaps he will have time to reflect while he is in jail and the wound is healing.
People need to stand up against crime.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,112,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think that is great and totally justified. The way I see it she grabbed the gun, backed up, he charged her, she shot once wounding him then chased him off.
The only trouble is if she hadn't grabbed the gun the perp would have probably cleaned out the register and left.
Who knows? She would have called the Cops and they might have bumped into the guy down the street, a shootout would have occurred and we would have yet another racism fueled protest where a white officer shot a poor black guy.

I'm glad she shot him. Perhaps he will have time to reflect while he is in jail and the wound is healing.
People need to stand up against crime.
People need better aim!

Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If gun control had been in effect, the robber would not have had a gun...
Because all the bad guys will willingly turn them in?

(I didn't think so.)

Old 03-08-2015, 01:05 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
I'm surprised the masses aren't rioting because she shot an "unarmed" man.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Because all the bad guys will willingly turn them in?

(I didn't think so.)
You couldn't even read the rest of what I said? You seem to have a very short attention span. It's no surprise that you are confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events