Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 10:09 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times

Advertisements

I've been down south with minorities traveling with us. I never noticed any racism. But I'm sure many people "find" racism down south because they think everything is racist. As for the hanging man. We don't even know if someone else killed him. And if someone did kill him, it was not necessarily as race issue. More divisive race-baiting from the media.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:15 PM

343 posts, read 726,456 times
United States of America, still racist?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:39 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Not long ago, research for a work project netted the info that Mississippi has the second highest rate of KKK per capita of U.S. states... the state with the highest rate: Iowa.

Thus, one of my personal taglines: "I'd be better off in Mississippi."
Kind of interesting, that factoid. But I've never met KKK members, never seen one, and don't know anyone who has.
They probably exist, though.

Every black person hanging from a tree results in an indictment of Mississippi, though. We're used to it. If there were more trees in Chicago and Detroit maybe things would be different.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:44 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog
Black lives matter.
Yes as all of our lives matter!!!!

Very sad

Old 03-20-2015, 02:07 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Autopsy suggests suicide in hanging of black man in Mississippi

Autopsy suggests suicide in hanging of black man in Mississippi - LA Times

That's from the LA Times, but it's too late. We, The People of Mississippi, have already been tried and convicted. Again.

Of course, there will be outrage. And demands for a new autopsy. And accusations of a cover up. And Jesse Jackson will ask for "badly needed funds" to recover the costs of a march. Again.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:12 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Racism is still very much alive particularly in the South, as whites there tend to be provincial and uncivilized. I know someone who lives in north central Florida who said that there are places in the small towns there where minorities simply don't go.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't live in the South. (Obviously not if you don't know that Huntsville is home to NASA and some of the largest research facilities in the country). I have lived in the South my entire life. The first 20 years were in the Deep South. My hometown in Monroeville, AL... famous for "To Kill a Mockingbird". You might assume it's a town still deeply rooted in it's racist past, but you'd be more wrong than you can imagine.

When I graduated high school, there were 3 whites in the class, myself being one of them. We all get along extremely well back home and even where I live now. We were taught to respect human beings for their contribution to society, not the color of their skin.

So what you are essentially doing is perpetuating the racism by making comments like you made above based off hearsay from a "friend", not from your personal experience. There are no towns from Panama City, FL to Huntsville, AL that minorities cannot go. Could you find a racist person in all of these towns? Absolutely, on both sides of the color spectrum and everywhere in between. But that is the minority of the population, not the majority.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:14 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

That's from the LA Times, but it's too late. We, The People of Mississippi, have already been tried and convicted. Again.

Of course, there will be outrage. And demands for a new autopsy. And accusations of a cover up. And Jesse Jackson will ask for "badly needed funds" to recover the costs of a march. Again.
too late. the screams of 'racism!!!' are already reverberating through the echo chamber of imbeciles.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
I didn't understand your post either. What are you getting at, exactly? Black people commit crimes?
He's saying that when someone starts a thread that seems to lean towards a Black person at fault that they don't wait for all the facts to come out before jumping to their own conclusion. Yet these same people appear magically to want to hold a thread that might vilify a White person to a much higher standard. Like this one.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:30 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

Just like Trayvon and Mike Brown, the racists jump to the wrong conclusion again. Just once it would be nice to see these folks wait for the facts to come out.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:32 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Just like Trayvon and Mike Brown, the race baiters jump to the wrong conclusion again. Just once it would be nice to see these folks wait for the facts to come out.
Waiting for the race baiters to eat some crow.
Gonna be a long wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events