Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:30 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

This is Fox News. It's a give me that they are going to make this into something it's not to attempt to assist Republicans... Nothing to see here, go ahead and move on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 12:12 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I see, so unless it is the government issuing warnings about freedom of speech/thought, everything is just fine in your book.

I just do not get the modern day leftists/liberals. It use to be that freedom of speech was cherished by old school liberals, a point that I agreed with them on.
However in our country, the government is not the only arbiter of what is freedom of speech as the media plays a huge role.
For groups to demand the press not use certain words to describe who they support with threats of reprisals, should not go unchallenged.
"Freedom of speech" does only refer to the government's role in regulating the speech of citizens. It has nothing to do with social backlash for one's words.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
"Freedom of speech" does only refer to the government's role in regulating the speech of citizens. It has nothing to do with social backlash for one's words.
You're right, this isn't a freedom of speech issue. It's about this goofy group of women who support HRC and the goofier list of 'coded sexist' words they came up with.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:28 AM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
In my view many of you are missing the point by focusing on what the 1st Amendment applies to regarding the government.
If entities outside of government, including powerful financial interests can stifle and suppress the media into not doing their jobs, all our freedoms are diminished as a result. Political Correctness already does this to the degree people will keep views to themselves, if they know the PC police will try to ruin them for expressing it.

Suffice to say the media is already acting like 99lbs weaklings in doing proper investigate journalism compared with the Woodward & Bernstein days.
If the media with all their resources can be thwarted by power political interests to be PC (and in this case well beyond) when reporting about their candidate, we as a society are already in trouble.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:23 AM

Apparently the term pantsuit is now back on the list since Hillary is selling them in her online store now.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:24 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
What do you think we have around here anyway? A first amendment?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
What do you think we have around here anyway? A first amendment?
The liberal version of the 1st Amendment now only covers PC speech. So if they detect even the slightest thing that can be perceived as racist/sexist etc., they want to try to ruin the person.
However if you look at that list they came up with, it is absurd to think some of those terms have anything to do with sexism.
Instead it looks like they thought of any of her vulnerabilities and came up with words the media is not suppose to use to highlight them.

`

Old 05-30-2015, 10:07 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The liberal version of the 1st Amendment now only covers PC speech. So if they detect even the slightest thing that can be perceived as racist/sexist etc., they want to try to ruin the person.
However if you look at that list they came up with, it is absurd to think some of those terms have anything to do with sexism.
Instead it looks like they thought of any of her vulnerabilities and came up with words the media is not suppose to use to highlight them.
My guess is that the biggest sin would be to utter or write of the existence of of "kankles." All the pantsuits in the world can't conceal those.

Now if you'll excuse me, there are some black helicopters overhead I need to direct to the landing pad.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:40 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
The media is CONTROLLED BY WASHINGTON IN THIS COUNTRY..... Very little "TRUTH" ever makes it out!!

Old 05-31-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
My guess is that the biggest sin would be to utter or write of the existence of of "kankles." All the pantsuits in the world can't conceal those.

Now if you'll excuse me, there are some black helicopters overhead I need to direct to the landing pad.
I do think it would be a huge mistake to say anything about her physically. That said, her age should be fair game like it is with all older candidates.
I know women are sensitive about it, but her age is a public record, she has had health issues, and she is after all running for the most important position on the entire planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events