Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy spicy foods?
110% 12 40.00%
90% 2 6.67%
80% 0 0%
71.534% 3 10.00%
60% 0 0%
50% 3 10.00%
39.999346% 1 3.33%
34.24% 1 3.33%
21.% 1 3.33%
8.12% 2 6.67%
0.00% 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times

Advertisements

Paganism is as old as time.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 PM

Location: Simi Valley, California - which was once part of the USA
350 posts, read 537,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Quick Quiz! In what countries did Christianity, Judaism, and Islam originate??????

(Here's a hint - nowhere in Europe or North America)

If that's your criteria for a "real" religion, then Mormonism and the beliefs of American Indians are the only "real" religions in this country.

Try reading some books. I hear there's a lot of good information in those old fashioned things.
Not in South or East Asia.

If it ain't abrahamic monotheism, it ain't anything.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:13 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Well polygamy will follow same sex marriage so get ready for it. We still have nudity laws in public so I guess one will need to do those rituals in private. Also, one can refuse to comply with the drug enforcement laws, etc but be prepared to be laid off from your job or be arrested. That is ones prerogative though so if you want to put up with the consequences, go for it.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well polygamy will follow same sex marriage so get ready for it. We still have nudity laws in public so I guess one will need to do those rituals in private. Also, one can refuse to comply with the drug enforcement laws, etc but be prepared to be laid off from your job or be arrested. That is ones prerogative though so if you want to put up with the consequences, go for it.
You guys wanted "freedom" to break any laws that imposed on your religion. Not everyone follows your religion.

Funny how using "religious beliefs" to break the law is ok for some, but not others. I wonder why that is?
Why should Christians get to use religious belief to not follow anti-discrimination laws be ok, but others can't use "religious beliefs" to get around other laws?

You guys opened pandoras box, get ready for the unintended consequences.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:51 AM

506 posts, read 426,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I was slapped long ago for predicting horse marriages from these people. "It will never happen", the gay-loving bloggers said. Now here they are preparing to shove that in our faces.

A horse is unable to provide the consent required for civil marriage, although it seems that in Indiana people can now marry horses in religious ceremonies all day long.

It is funny that you're pretending that people getting together with livestock was caused by gay people, when rather the actual source for this was hate filled religious morons trying to protect their right to discriminate.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
If it is my deeply held religious belief to be nude and have sexual relations in public, I'm allowed to do it in Indiana.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You guys wanted "freedom" to break any laws that imposed on your religion. Not everyone follows your religion.

Funny how using "religious beliefs" to break the law is ok for some, but not others. I wonder why that is?
Why should Christians get to use religious belief to not follow anti-discrimination laws be ok, but others can't use "religious beliefs" to get around other laws?

You guys opened pandoras box, get ready for the unintended consequences.
I hope the people of Indiana use this law to go totally insane, like it is my deeply held religious belief to drive around heavily intoxicated with my ten wives while selling our holy sacrament, cocaine.

I was highly skeptical of this law at first, but now I clearly see the benefits of protecting religious freedom.

Spoiler

Old 04-03-2015, 08:20 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Whoops: Indiana

Quote:
Church founder Bill Levin announced on his Facebook page that the church’s registration has been approved, writing, “Status: Approved by Secretary of State of Indiana – “Congratulations your registration has been approved!” Now we begin to accomplish our goals of Love, Understanding, and Good Health.”

Levin is currently seeking $4.20 donations towards his non-profit church.

According to Indiana attorney and political commentator Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, Indiana legislators, in their haste to protect the religious values and practices of their constituents, may have unwittingly put the state in an awkward position with those who profess to smoke pot as a religious sacrament.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:42 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
You're missing the point of the Indiana law. People can use their religious beliefs as a defense to criminal and civil rights prosecutions. So if someone conducts a religious ceremony while nude in the town square and is arrested for violating public nudity laws, they will be able to defend themselves by saying it's part of their religion. Presumably the same is true of drug laws, plural marriage, slavery, etc.

I believe the moral of this story is, be careful what you wish for, because someday you may get it.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:45 AM

3,324 posts, read 2,136,040 times
Waiting for some wacko group to claim the following: "Our faith believes in the eternal bond of Love; specifically that soulmates are not only reincarnated, but destined to draw towards one another throughout an infinite number of lifetimes. For this reason we disagree that age can be a qualifier when determining the eligibility of marriage and subsequent coitus. Selecting a child bride at the park may thus be a necessary -- and natural -- means of rekindling intimate bonds from previous lifetimes. It matters not that we're "getting 'em before the hair does," as these bonds transcend both written and oral history themselves. We are The Great Link; we are timeless."

Spoiler

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events