Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 02:19 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Elephant in the living room - 90% of people eat multiple varieties of animals yet they're horrified when one considered a pet gets its head bit off.
Wouldda been fine if he ate the hampster.
Heard they're good fried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 02:46 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,603,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
What happened when Ozzie Osborn bit off a bats head live on stage? That's right, the crowd screamed in delight.

I didn't. (though I wasn't in the crowd, but when I heard of it, I was disgusted, and I'm not particularly fond of bats)

Old 04-05-2015, 07:35 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Animal abusers are the worst kind of filth. This kid is supposedly an "animal lover". No way would a true animal lover even think of abusing an animal in this way. Once again parents trying to portray their kid as a good person who just acted in a totally uncharacteristic way, when in fact they are a known scumbag. The cheers and laughing of the bystanders is just as disturbing - force feeding the poor creature alcohol must have been really hilarious

What purpose do fraternities serve anyway? Seems like we are always hearing of disgusting activities peformed by drunken members in frat houses. Rapes, hazing, biting heads off animals, etc. Someone who was either present and took the video or received the video sent it to PETA - too bad the person taking the video didn't pan the room to record all the people taking part in this.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
What happened when Ozzie Osborn bit off a bats head live on stage? That's right, the crowd screamed in delight.
I thought it was disgusting - just hearing about it. Never saw them in concert.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:18 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
It is time that fraternities and sororities stop being allowed on the campuses of public institutions. Supposedly, a public university is inclusive, yet the Greek system is based on excluding others. It seems like every time we turn around something atrocious is happening and a member of the Greek system is involved. Get rid of them.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Elephant in the living room - 90% of people eat multiple varieties of animals yet they're horrified when one considered a pet gets its head bit off.
You just love going against the grain, and I wonder why.

The 90% of people don't eat the animal alive in brutal fashion, but for the actual taste and nutritional benefits of said animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It is time that fraternities and sororities stop being allowed on the campuses of public institutions. Supposedly, a public university is inclusive, yet the Greek system is based on excluding others. It seems like every time we turn around something atrocious is happening and a member of the Greek system is involved. Get rid of them.
My biggest issues in frats are these 'rape rooms' and the sexual assaults that take place and go unreported and unnoticed.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:15 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You just love going against the grain, and I wonder why.

The 90% of people don't eat the animal alive in brutal fashion, but for the actual taste and nutritional benefits of said animal.
How does one not KILL in brutal fashion? The act of killing is pretty brutal in my book. Have you seen the lives lived by livestock? Have you seen them go through the slaughter house with their corpse multilated? What about their living conditions up until slaughter? I'd say the way they are processed is every bit as brutal as having a head bit off. Oh, but I get it - it's ok to brutally kill animals if you like the taste of their flesh.

It's amazing how a country that kills/consumes millions of animals can get so outraged when it happens to one they've deemed cute/cuddly.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
How does one not KILL in brutal fashion? The act of killing is pretty brutal in my book. Have you seen the lives lived by livestock? Have you seen them go through the slaughter house with their corpse multilated? What about their living conditions up until slaughter? I'd say the way they are processed is every bit as brutal as having a head bit off. Oh, but I get it - it's ok to brutally kill animals if you like the taste of their flesh.

It's amazing how a country that kills/consumes millions of animals can get so outraged when it happens to one they've deemed cute/cuddly.
You might be the most obtuse poster in C-D history.

It doesn't matter if the animal is cute or cuddly, it's a human being biting the head off a live animal - I don't care if it was a rat, cat, hamster or monkey. It is not normal behavior.

Eating food that has been cooked and not alive when consuming is normal. Randomly biting off the head of any animal is everything but normal behavior.

Stop trying to distract from the larger issue.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:30 PM

8,050 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Quote:
Yep except we eat the entire animal for nourishment. We use the entire animal. This little prick killed for the sake of killing. If I had been there he would have ate the entire animal.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:48 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Maybe he wanted to be like Ozzy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeuW4Smf9PI
Ozzy has said when the bat was thrown on stage, he thought it was one of those toy rubber bats. These people knew it was a live hamster. They force fed it vodka and hot box pot smoke the hamster before the guy snapped it's neck and bit off it's head. What I wonder is how many and what type of drugs they were using for this guy to think it would be cool to do this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events