Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy the banjo?
Yeah, its cool. 6 31.58%
Maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 5.26%
no, 1 5.26%
Palm Tree 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times

Advertisements

Wow, another bash Fox News/Bill 'O thread. Imagine that. Media Matters and Mother Jones are the left's equivalent of Michael Savage/Alex Jones. Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrretch and bend the facts and if that doesn't work well hell, we'll invent something.

Nothing to see here, just more noise...

Old 04-08-2015, 08:27 AM

506 posts, read 426,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
If Media Matters with help from Mother jones wrote the book it must be true. If you can't trust someone with the name mother who can you trust.
I guess they couldn't find anything more productive to do. I think most of the supposed lies are up to debate and who really cares.
The good thing is you don't really need to trust Media Matters or Mother Jones, all that is required is the ability to listen to Bill O'Reilly and you'll quickly learn that his lies are not up for debate and he is in fact a delusional liar, in addition to being a treasonous thug.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:35 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
The good thing is you don't really need to trust Media Matters or Mother Jones, all that is required is the ability to listen to Bill O'Reilly and you'll quickly learn that his lies are not up for debate and he is in fact a delusional liar, in addition to being a treasonous thug.
I could care less if an entertainer tells lies.

I do care when President Obama and his minions tell us lies about ACA.

But for now, we'll stick to the topic.

Ok, O'Reilly lied. And? How does this impact my life?

Old 04-08-2015, 08:46 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
I watch his show on occasion. I don't agree with some things he says and he can be pretty self centered but he doesn't appear to be a delusional liar or a treasonous thug to me.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Ok, O'Reilly lied. And? How does this impact my life?
Considering people vote based a lot on what commentators say it definitely affects you and all of us.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:04 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Considering people vote based a lot on what commentators say it definitely affects you and all of us.
Yes, but there are so many commentators on so many channels and so many types of media that has little affect on those who may be actually swayed.

Bill O'Reilly is a show that is watched by a specific audience on a channel viewed by a specific group. His views aren't going to have any significant impact on voting.

A judge on American Idol or a guest host on SNL is more likely to impact voting than Bill O'Reilly. The people watching O'Reilly are voting for the GOP already. Him promoting the GOP to his audience isn't changing anything.

If you have a rally for union members and the keynote speaker talks about how great unions are, it's not really going to sway any people attending the rally.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, but there are so many commentators on so many channels and so many types of media that has little affect on those who may be actually swayed.

Bill O'Reilly is a show that is watched by a specific audience on a channel viewed by a specific group. His views aren't going to have any significant impact on voting.

A judge on American Idol or a guest host on SNL is more likely to impact voting than Bill O'Reilly. The people watching O'Reilly are voting for the GOP already. Him promoting the GOP to his audience isn't changing anything.

If you have a rally for union members and the keynote speaker talks about how great unions are, it's not really going to sway any people attending the rally.
It may be a specific group, but it reinforces what that audience wants to hear instead of challenging them to actually do some research. My grandparents are in this group, maybe not the O'Reilly group but the Fox News group. It's all they watch and just reinforces their views and pushes them farther to the right.

And there are still a lot of people on the fence that can be swayed. Bill O'Reilly's reach is far greater on national TV than a random union rally that might have a posting on FB or Twitter. People have to start somewhere. No one is born with their political beliefs. Most hold onto their parents' beliefs and if Bill O'Reilly is central to that, you now have future voters following in the footsteps listening to lies. I have no doubt that other commentators from conservative to liberal also spread misinformation, but I don't listen to any set person or channel. I try to be balanced which often means looking for the least sensationalized headlines.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:20 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
What's with all the stupid polls?

Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 PM

506 posts, read 426,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What's with all the stupid polls?
Why do you hate the troops?

Old 04-08-2015, 01:46 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,612,137 times
Next time you watch him, notice how he will fold his arms up towards his chest and chin and clinches his fists just like sweet little Shirley Temple when he's trying to stress his point.

One of his advisors should point that out to him. It makes him look weak and insecure when he's trying to play the roll of a stern rigid tough guy and defender of the "folks".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events