Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:08 PM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 864,153 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSrGmHsT8s

I'm definitely not one of those "cop-haters" and I don't want this to be another one of those cop bashing threads. I support the police in most situations, however officers like this definitely aren't helping their image at all. He definitely is assisting in giving ammo to the cop bashers out there.

I think this man needs to be severely disciplined and placed on indefinite desk duty. This is absolutely no way to treat anyone, especially for what sounds like something so minor that the Uber driver did.

"How Long Have You Been in This Country?" NYPD Investigating Video of Cop's Degrading Tirade Against Uber Driver | NBC New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 01:27 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,236,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
This is absolutely no way to treat anyone, especially for what sounds like something so minor that the Uber driver did.
He was a power tripping a-hole. He didn't like being corrected by Joe Citizen.

His comments to the man, particularly at the end, saying "He's no important enough" shows that this officer should have no place "serving" the public.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,347,380 times
I know a few ppl who would get out of their cars and beat the **** out of that cop if he talked to them that way. Gun? Who cares? They'd have fed his gun to him!

Old 04-01-2015, 01:46 PM

194 posts, read 183,238 times
These things are always taken out of context & we only see the detective's anger not his reasons for being angry.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,327,480 times
Default re

There's been cases of Uber drivers sexually assaulting female passengers in my area. No threads on that here? Juse cops screaming up for discussion

Old 04-01-2015, 01:49 PM

24,510 posts, read 17,260,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
He was a power tripping a-hole. He didn't like being corrected by Joe Citizen.

His comments to the man, particularly at the end, saying "He's no important enough" shows that this officer should have no place "serving" the public.

Well said. That Cop needs an attitude adjustment a long vacation to chill out and a desk job when he returns.

I wonder what the Uber driver did to get pulled over in the first place. Did he cut off the Cop or did he break some laws?
I wonder how this cop would have reacted if the guy was white, black, asian?

There is no reason to dump on that driver like that at all.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:57 PM

3,899 posts, read 4,548,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well said. That Cop needs an attitude adjustment a long vacation to chill out and a desk job when he returns.

I wonder what the Uber driver did to get pulled over in the first place. Did he cut off the Cop or did he break some laws?
I wonder how this cop would have reacted if the guy was white, black, asian?

There is no reason to dump on that driver like that at all.

<According to Seth’s description of the clip, “In an unmarked car, the policeman was allegedly attempting to park without using his blinker at a green light. (His reverse lights weren’t on. Likely double parked without hazards on.) The Uber driver pulled around and gestured that he should use his blinker, casually and non-offensively, and kept driving us. The policeman aggressively pulls up behind us and this is what happens.”>

WATCH: Plainclothes NYPD cop

Sounds like the Uber driver was non aggressively calling out what he thought was an inconsiderate driver, but it turned out to be an undercover cop. The Uber guy obviously wouldn't have said anything if the car had any identifiable markers that it was law enforcement.
So the cop pulled the "How DARE you! Don't you know who I am???" card. No excuse, cop's a jerk. (and I'm not a cop basher) The passengers were witnesses and the cop wasted time with this.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:06 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,351,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
There's been cases of Uber drivers sexually assaulting female passengers in my area. No threads on that here? Juse cops screaming up for discussion
Complaining isn't going to magically make the thread appear. How about creating it yourself?

Old 04-01-2015, 02:10 PM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 864,153 times
Quote:
Well this thread really has nothing to do with Uber or the driver. I would have posted it if it was anyone else that the cop screamed at. This thread is about this particular NYPD cop's attitude and behavior. It just happened to be directed toward an Uber driver.

But like Railman pointed out, you're more than welcome to create a thread about women being sexually assaulted by Uber drivers in your area.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:18 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,713,679 times
Quote:
Of course there have been cases, conveniently brought to you by the Cabbie Assn of America. Wasn't that nice of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events