Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:40 PM

387 posts, read 591,178 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:09 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,102,179 times
The best way to NOT ENCOUNTER a policeman is keeping ....
Your personal life unsullied
Your vehicle in good shape
Your driving habits reasonable.. you'll still break the law but it will be easier to give you a break
Your drug and or alcohol abuse/use out of the public purview
Your criminal behavior non-existent
Your sleeping habits not having you walk down an alley at 2 am... or coming out of a bar at 3... or beating your wife and then lying about it
Your gang affiliation tattoos covered and not holding a gun,,, it helps if you have your parole card as well

IF YOU ENCOUNTER a policeman... please...

Wait and please dont get out.. Im happy you want to talk.. but I like it in my office not yours
Dont jump out and run... that makes me wonder if you dont like me for some reason
Dont lie... and when you do please be creative.. because repeats dont count
Dont fight.. and if you do,,please let me win..I like that most of all...
Dont carry,, and then throw it away saying.. "who me? what.. Ive never seen that before ... its not mine"..
Dont shoot.. especially at or near me.. it makes my heart rate increase..I only want my wife to do that
Dont be an asshat.. if your not sure what that is,, its a catch all for "everything else"
Dont tell me you pay my salary.. its hard for me to cut pennies into little pieces to refund you because you aren't happy with my service

Then Ill have plenty of time to say thanks and let you go and look for some other idiot who is a real crook looking to victimize you

Old 04-10-2015, 08:19 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,161,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Your driving habits reasonable.. you'll still break the law but it will be easier to give you a break
Your sleeping habits not having you walk down an alley at 2 am... or coming out of a bar at 3... or beating your wife and then lying about it
Your gang affiliation tattoos covered and not holding a gun,,, it helps if you have your parole card as well

Wait and please dont get out.. Im happy you want to talk.. but I like it in my office not yours
Dont jump out and run... that makes me wonder if you dont like me for some reason
Dont carry,, and then throw it away saying.. "who me? what.. Ive never seen that before ... its not mine"..
Dont shoot.. especially at or near me.. it makes my heart rate increase..I only want my wife to do that
Dont be an asshat.. if your not sure what that is,, its a catch all for "everything else"
Dont tell me you pay my salary.. its hard for me to cut pennies into little pieces to refund you because you aren't happy with my service

Then Ill have plenty of time to say thanks and let you go and look for some other idiot who is a real crook looking to victimize you
We aint askin no more buddy.

Your late.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
We aint askin no more buddy.

Your late.
Did I miss a party or something ?... pigpile perhaps?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:35 PM

463 posts, read 322,531 times
Quote:

That one is interesting. Many years ago I worked for a guy who had a lot of friends that were Oklahoma State troopers. He told me that they greatly preferred you get out and walk back to their car as soon as you stop, and that approaching vehicles with the driver still inside was the part of a stop they hated the most.

But that was 30+ years ago. Have things changed and now they would prefer you not get out? Or were they just strange because they were Oklahoma troopers?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:39 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,161,842 times
Quote:
Did I miss a party or something ?... pigpile perhaps?
I believe you did.

I was referring to Police reform. You know. That issue that will make or break politicians going forward. As well as MJ legalization and other issues.

If there was a "side," your side is on the backpedal.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I believe you did.

I was referring to Police reform. You know. That issue that will make or break politicians going forward. As well as MJ legalization and other issues.

If there was a "side," your side is on the backpedal.
Whew..ok.. thought I really missed something.. thanks for going easy on me tonight

Now.. as to the post..

Yes.. we do prefer people remain in their cars
for a number of reasons
Its safer so they dont get hit by the DUI that is going by with at least every 50th car... and here after 2am every 5th car
We can control the scene better when drivers are seated...
Conducting business on the side of the road is inherently dangerous
It is a familiar place for the driver and easier for them to get documents
When you are invited out.. it is at a time and place that works best for me

There are other tactical reasons

Police work has changed in 30 years,,, today's officers are becoming computer dependent.. I have always taught my trainees.. talk to people and use your good sense to know if they are good or bad... use the computer only to reinforce good investigative and interview techniques...

Old 04-11-2015, 07:13 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,433,123 times
Quote:

That is just what I do.........and I have never had much of a problem

with the police.

I have been profiled.........and detained many times.........by the DOT.

Then I waited........three times I requested a supervisor come to the scene.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:13 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,191,892 times
as a forensic scientist, I've studied many police-civilian encounters and if there is one technique that the civilian usually fails to incorporate into these interactions, it is the serpentine method while running away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_w...yer_detailpage

Old 04-11-2015, 07:22 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,360,285 times
This picture is hilarious haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events