Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:01 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,095,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I wonder how many of the C-D cop haters are really wanna-be cops who couldn't cut the mustard.
OMG..I was just thinking that myself... i love the thread "if you had to be a cop"...

The reality is that few if any of the posters COULD be a policeman

after you knock out the age restrictions and physical infirmities

the polygraphs or VSA machine

The physical.. the pt test.. the background the drug test (oh boy would a lot of vocal cd posters fail that one if you believe the drumbeat)
the educational requirement
The financial
The academy...
The year of probation where you can be fired without cause
custody time
patrol school
6 mos of patrol fto time
the evaluation
making it off training,,,

Phew.. by that time 99 percent of the cd posters would be toast
or in the case of a department that I worked for 30000 applicants for 300 positions

Nope... lots of heros here.. perfect heros at that.. I just laugh at what I see posted as pie in the sky hero talk

In this case... this officer if convicted would lose his job on my department because he would have been charged with a felony (273.5 pc).. and if bargained down to a misdemeanor most likely would still lose his job...I can recall officers getting arrested.. being relieved of duty,, being transferred out.. and then disappearing or resigning in lieu of being fired.. cant ever recall any one staying.. unless they were found innocent

It is also not unusual anymore for females to absolutely use the DV law to their advantage in California because its a mandatory arrest.. you fight.. you strike,, you threaten.. you go to jail.. regardless of the LAPD exposes etc.. the end result... usually gone

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events