Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 12:10 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's obvious you aren't familiar with Bitc..I mean Britt's "work". She's been called out before, including Washington Redskins' coach, Jay Gruden, for not being good or professional at her job.

She's almost as bad as Erin Andrews, who is the grand Poobah of "attractive" women that aren't good at their jobs as sports "reporters". I can think of a few, "less attractive" women in the sports world who are far better at their job and have a better understanding of the sport(s) they cover. They just aren't eye candy.

I've encountered her exact type in j-school before, and they're all a dime a dozen, especially when you're talking aboout an elite journalism program.
Well to be fair the sports journalism does not qualify as "Elite Journalism". Do you think guys want to see an Oprah type person explaining a "Pick Six" in football? Nah. Erin Andrews is perfect for what she does and guys LOVE her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 12:10 PM

672 posts, read 789,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What towing company would be?

Probably hard to find anyone having sympathy towards the company that towed their car. I'm thinking that you aren't going to find too many posts like this.

"....They made having my car towed a wonderful and rewarding experience. I can't wait to do business with them again..."

Nah. never gonna happen. LOL.

------------------------

This princess should have accepted the responsibility, paid the fine, and left the nasty commentary at home.
Courtesy, Steve Goodman

Quote:
To me, way, hey, tow them away,
The Lincoln Park Pirates are we,
From Wilmette to Gary, there's nothin' so hairy
And we always collect our fee!
So it's way, hey, tow 'em away,
We plunder the streets of your town,
Be it Edsel or Chevy, there's no car too heavy,
And no one can make us shut down.

We break into cars when we gotta,
With hammer and *****xe and saw;
And they said this garage had no license;
But little care I for the law!
Our drivers are friendly and courteous;
Their good manners you always will get;
'Cause they all are recent graduates
Of the charm school in Joliet.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:12 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I'm taking a completely different tone....

I've had my car towed before - and when I've gone to get it, I've not been the loving Christian man that I'm supposed to be.

I understand her frustration - brought upon by herself (if she got her car towed, she obviously parked where she shouldn't have - (assumption) -

The only reason that this is even on C-D or anywhere else is because she's a broadcast journalist who's on TV and 'famous'.

If you were to view the video of anybody else who's not so famous, you'd see people who are at the tow yard retrieving their car all have an attitude.

Every watch 'Operation Repo' or 'Lizard Lick Towing?' Nobody having gotten their vehicle towed are all warm and friendly...
That's because they put classless idiots acting like jerks on TV and not normal people.

If I screw up and get my car towed, I show up and pay the fine then head home in my car.

That's how most people act.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:16 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,800,976 times
She makes this guy look polite.
Ex-CFO Who Berated Chick-fil-A Worker in Video Now Lives on Food Stamps | Mediaite
He hasn't worked since.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:19 PM

672 posts, read 789,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
The link also provides some pretty unsavory comments about Advanced Towing if you follow the arlnow link. Why is she being towed if she is eating dinner at that restaurant during its business hours? If the restaurant was concerned, wouldn't they have sought out the driver of the vehicle? Wouldn't that have been a quicker response then calling Advanced Towing? So I don't believe they were called at all and instead an Advanced Towing driver stumbled on the opportunity to tow a car they could have a right to tow, and did so to make money. I would be upset too.

I didn't think what she said in the first half of the video was a big deal and may have been her venting more to herself. So in the second half she provides about 30 seconds of unprofessional comments in a tough situation. But then she stops, and leaves. I'm sure the towing lady has heard much, much worse. They simply have a celebrity they can throw a counter punch against, and have come out swinging. Her current punishment suits the offense.
Having worked in customer service, I can tell you that people rant, but to verbally attack the clerk is just foolish. You want your car back, the way to do it is to pay the fine, and get out as quickly as possible. Don't kvetch, don't argue, just pay and go. Don't do anything to prolong it, because the clerk could decide to go painfully slowly, or "lose" the car, or whatever. It's like yelling at a waiter because your food is cold.

When she started the abuse, the woman advised her that she was being filmed, and she continued even after staring at the camera, then went on to bring her job into it. This is why ESPN is now involved, because Britt herself brought up her occupation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
I'm surprised about what you said about Erin Andrews. She has put together some very good pieces, especially when she was covering hockey. This was a little bit before she became a very well known name, so maybe ESPN "dumbed her down", too.
Ugh, no, just no. Maybe she is an OK print journalist, but she can't think on her feet and her sideline reporting is godawful.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:24 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,954 times
So pretty on the outside, and so UGLY on the inside!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Well to be fair the sports journalism does not qualify as "Elite Journalism". Do you think guys want to see an Oprah type person explaining a "Pick Six" in football? Nah. Erin Andrews is perfect for what she does and guys LOVE her.
True, I've mentioned that before, which is why I said if she got fired, she would be picked up by another network within a week.

However, with the Andrews' and McHenry's of the world will come an over-inflated sense of worth and entitlement because of their position and what comes with it. I'm sure there have been more than a fair share of weathermen or field reports for local affiliate stations hitting someone with the, "Do you KNOW who I am?!" card.

I personally couldn't care less about most of these "reporters" because they add no insight to the broadcast, but I realize that's most guys aren't like me and want to see the McHenry's of the world when watching the game/highlights on their couch or at a bar.

But these women transcend bad sideline/sports reporting.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:43 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Lol @ her comment -- "Maybe if I was missing some teeth they'd hire me too"

Well maybe if the towing employee fried her hair blonde, slapped on some implants and got on her knees for the right people, she'd be hired as a televised lip-flapper, too.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:45 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
Espn has always hired pretty young blondes as eye candy

Old 04-17-2015, 12:49 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Espn has always hired pretty young blondes as eye candy
The joke's on her then. She's not gonna be young much longer, and I can already tell that age isn't going to be kind to her.

Then, she'll be left only with a poor reputation, and good luck to her then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events