Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,344,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
His candor ? the only thing he says in the article is that there were trains and he "thinks"
in one day 5,000 people were brought in. oh, and the creamatorium was small.
ok, and this means exactly what ?
The rest of the article is mere broadstroking by the writer. Concerning the woman who
was 10, yes, I wouldn't imagine they were happy about going to a labour camp.
I'm sorry Mr. Snowball7ut but I tend to rely on a wide range of sources and in other reports Mr. Groening has been quite forthcoming testifying to many facts that have been contested by Holocaust deniers for years. Cases in point, the conditions of prisoners as they arrived, the veracity of the selection process, the very purpose of Birkenau the much disputed existence of gas chambers and rather telling estimations on how many were killed per day. This is important testimony coming as it were, not from a Holocaust survivor, an allied soldier or even a Nazi whose testimony has been alleged to have been coerced, but instead a living breathing participant.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:18 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,046,971 times
One more witness, in addition to the millions who have already spoken, is not going to change the mind of a Holocaust denier. Their minds are not processing based on logic, evidence, or facts.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:39 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,046,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It is incredibly sad. I find it interesting to hear the guard's perspective that the camp was orderly. He really had no clue at the time the devastation that was being caused to the prisoners. I remember a survivor came to our school when I was younger and told us about her time at Auschwitz, it was devastating to hear. The part that stood out to me the most was her telling her story so we would pass it to our children, so the Holocaust would not be forgotten or repeated.
Actually, yes he did, and he admits as much. At one point, he was assigned guard duty in the Birkenau area, where the gas chambers were. In another article I read on this man, he described standing next to the person who dropped the Zyclon B into the gas chambers, and listening to the screams of the dying. He knew what was going on, why the selections were being made. He was 21-22 when he worked there, and a member of the SS. It wasn't like he was just a regular guy who got a bad job, or was ordered to do something he didn't want to do. Unlike the regular army, you choose to join the SS.

Groening fully admits he was enthusiastic in his backing of Hitler. He described standing with another guard as he dumped the poison Zyklon B into a panel above a mass “shower room” and how he could hear the screams diminish after that. He talked about how, upon arriving to work at Auschwitz-Birkenau for the first time, he was informed that a large part of the camp was devoted to “discarding” the arriving Jews deemed unfit for slave labor. [LEFT]
Read more here: BERLIN: Auschwitz guard offers Germans something rare: A Nazi who admits what he did | Europe | McClatchy DC
[/LEFT]

BERLIN: Auschwitz guard offers Germans something rare: A Nazi who admits what he did | Europe | McClatchy DC

He has escaped justice for 70 years now. I actually don't think that he's "too old" for prosecution; I don't think there should be a statue of limitations when it comes to something like this.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:43 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I can't wrap my head around this "holocaust denial" bit. I mean...how could anyone take that seriously? 6million people , rounded up and murdered, in dozens of ways. Mass graves, ovens plugged with human remains, and this was all ....faked? Spare me. And the Earth is really flat and gravity is just a phsycological force. The SS and Gestapo were just loyal soldiers, doing their duty in war and Hitler was misunderstood. Gimme a break! Who comes up with this septic spew?

Skinheads, neo Nazis, and a host of others, claiming to be AMERICAN patriots, and spitting on the graves of our war dead. Flying Nazi flags alongside the Stars and Stripes and yelling heil Hitler. Yep...pretty convincing bunch. And here things are, STILL trying SS guards in 2015. Wow...
People like Iran's Ahmedinajad come up with this stuff.

I knew a student in university who insisted the American Depression (1929+) never happened. He said he never knew anyone who suffered in it, so therefore it never happened.

Ignorant people will push weird agendas, just to feel like they're an "authority" on something, or to stand out from the crowd. Or to advance their political agenda.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 PM

950 posts, read 926,957 times
A dear friend of mine...........he was 94 years old and a WWII vet.........passed away last week.

He witnessed the freeing of concentration camps as a US soldier.

No " denier" could ever convince him the Holocaust was not as bad as reported.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:50 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
All this is bs propaganda, oh look at the heroic US Army defeating the evil Nazis! This guy was just a guard, he was not part of the Nazi leadership, he just needed a job.
If he just needed a job, there was plenty of work at all the businesses taken over from the Jews. All the shops, homes, estates, etc. There was a job bonanza for Germans in the towns where Jews had been evacuated.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:56 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,531,619 times
Quote:
All this is bs propaganda, oh look at the heroic US Army defeating the evil Nazis! This guy was just a guard, he was not part of the Nazi leadership, he just needed a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Many Germans needed jobs but would not work for the Reich. Knowing that men, women, and children were being exterminated, many Germans fled, hid, or found some other way to survive without participating in the attempted genocide.

Oftentimes Germans - those with a conscience - hid with Jews in the forests, basements, and attics of Germany and other occupied lands.

I don't know why anyone would try a 93-year-old man for atrocities that took place seventy-five years ago, when he would have been around eighteen - twenty-three years old. Whatever he did or did not do, he'll be taking up with God soon enough.

Take a look at the ongoing persecution of both Christians and Jews in several countries in the world right now, in 2015. That we can stop. That we should stop. Are we trying to? Of course not!

The term 'war criminal' is a misnomer; war is criminal.

Mahrie.
So we shouldn't try him for murder because he is old and needed a job when he was eighteen?
He knew full well what was happening and unlike other people, did nothing to stop it or remove himself (and others) from the situation. He knew.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:17 PM

12,087 posts, read 8,479,970 times
Didn't we promise after WWII to never forget? "Never Again."

I'd like to see this kind of money, energy and influence go into stopping the murder of Jews and Christians that is currently taking place. Let's move on and fix what's wrong in the here and now.

His trial isn't going to deter the people who are currently practicing genocide.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:23 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,824,494 times
Not to be dismissive of the Nazis and Hitler and the holocaust, but I have one word for you: Stalin.

You want to talk truly evil? There's your word for today.

Hitler and the Nazis were amateurs.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,301,611 times
Quote:
They were very careful who worked at the camps, even as guards. They were not regular army. Those who worked at them lived nearby. If someone grew a conscience or looked like they did they could be handled.

Just like the earlier executions of Jews and others into pits, the ones with the guns were SS, not army. Regular army recruits were not allowed to take pictures of SS operations and were supposed to keep them quiet. If stories or pictures showed up, the soldier got transfered to somewhere likely fatal. But if you worked as a guard at a camp, and 'knew' the prisoners wouldn't leave alive, then you were a part of the system. They were still considered to have responsibility. Not all the atorcities were even committed by soldiers or SS, some by private citizens, especially at the end when they were attempting to remove the survivors before the Americans got to them. One village chose to burn alive the prisoners which had been abandoned by their town, led by the Hitler Youth. The Americans made the town's citizens bury each of the victums individually.

The SS guards in camps captured with them present were used to clean up the place and bury the unburied victums tossed in large open graves without benefit of showers or a change of clothes as their prisoners didn't get that chance. Soldiers would lend a rifle to a prisoner when some of the larger camps were liberated as the guards were trying to hide and prisoners, and the prisoners knew who they were.

The guards were not excused by anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events